Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ppf

I'm also in DFW. Can you share who you used?
I used Drive Auto for detailing and ceramic, and he partners with NTX Clear Bra for the PPF. The owner at Drive Auto name is Cam and he is a great guy to do business with and a fabulous detailer! NTX was very careful with my car and took their time to do it right.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 120
Well shit. My detailer sent me this. He found it while prepping for the PPF install. Not sure if it came off the truck that way or I picked it up between dealer and drop off at detailer. Goes to show why PPF on the front is so important.

Attachments

• 8630FEF6-D87D-4E4F-B694-4EB949BCB055.jpeg
    8630FEF6-D87D-4E4F-B694-4EB949BCB055.jpeg
    906.2 KB · Views: 171
Well shit. My detailer sent me this. He found it while prepping for the PPF install. Not sure if it came off the truck that way or I picked it up between dealer and drop off at detailer. Goes to show why PPF on the front is so important.
And people scoff at the idea of having it towed to the detailer from the dealer. I didn't do it either figuring if it could survive the Chevrolet Spark delivery treatment via open carrier and train, what's 12 more miles on the road.

That’s pretty minuscule, but I’m wondering if the dealer would do anything about it? Or they’re responsible? Gonna have at least one extra set of eyes on the car when I pick it up from the dealer.

I know it's not ideal but it looks like a very small spec. You can just get a touchup pen and fix it. Your detailer can easily buff it to make it disappear.

I learned my lesson on my 2017, Nissan Titan. After about 1500 miles, I began to see a FEW rock chips. Called it to my service tech's attention. Then , there were more and more. I took it up to Nissan Corporate. They declined to admit it was faulty paint. Unfortunately, I didn't know about PPE when I bought my truck.

If my C8 or Blackwing does EVER arrive. I will take a car expert with me to go over my car with a magnifying glass for ANY imperfections.

Its buyer beware after you sign.

Attachments

• IMG_3099.MOV
    3.6 MB
That’s pretty minuscule, but I’m wondering if the dealer would do anything about it? Or they’re responsible? Gonna have at least one extra set of eyes on the car when I pick it up from the dealer.
Unlikely once you roll away from the dealership.

I know it's not ideal but it looks like a very small spec. You can just get a touchup pen and fix it. Your detailer can easily buff it to make it disappear.
Yeah it isn't really the end of the world. He is going to fill it before applying the ppf. It will likely never be noticed but he did want to point it out to me and see if I wanted him to touch it up.

But I’m wondering if it’s noticed and brought up at the dealer?
Most definitely however, the chance of you noticing something that small while at the dealer is pretty small. Neither @SSEEYA nor his son noticed it. I probably wouldn't notice it until I was doing a wash and detail myself.

Most definitely however, the chance of you noticing something that small while at the dealer is pretty small. Neither @SSEEYA nor his son noticed it. I probably wouldn't notice it until I was doing a wash and detail myself.
Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have them do a touch free/less wash before pickup then? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have them do a touch free/less wash before pickup then? 🤷‍♂️
With a dealership wash of any kind, there's a big chance of it doing more harm than good.

We did have the dealer do a touch free wash and I didn't notice the chip. But we did not go over it with the level of detail that a full detail would. I take some degree of comfort in that even if I had noticed it, I would not have asked the dealer to do anything about it. I would have taken the same approach of having the detailer touch it up anyway.

Yup, I found out the dealership 'hand wash' still uses a brush....and all my cars including the CT5-V BW are black...

and by "big" you mean 100% chance, ha
Seriously... When I picked up my Golf R, the dealership "washed" it for delivery and managed to grind sand into the passenger C pillar with a circular brush. If you're familiar with the Mk 7.5 Golf, you know how much surface area we're talking about... it was absolutely horrific. After some heated discussion, they paid to send it to a body shop, but it never really looked 100% right in the entire time I owned the car.

Long story short, never let the dealer touch your car. Ever.

Seriously... When I picked up my Golf R, the dealership "washed" it for delivery and managed to grind sand into the passenger C pillar with a circular brush. If you're familiar with the Mk 7.5 Golf, you know how much surface area we're talking about... it was absolutely horrific. After some heated discussion, they paid to send it to a body shop, but it never really looked 100% right in the entire time I owned the car.

Long story short, never let the dealer touch your car. Ever.
Golf R, eh? Same here. I had a good dealer that didn't even touch the car other than the minimum PDI stuff. I spent forever getting the stickers of the windows, but it was worth it, ha.

Attachments

• 20190418_101933.jpg
    20190418_101933.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 118
Just picked up from detailer after getting ppf (front bumper. headlights and mirrors only), Feynlabs Ceramic plus all over and ceramic Tints on windows and windscreen.

Attachments

• 20210903_134617.jpg
    20210903_134617.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 172
  • 20210903_134609.jpg
    20210903_134609.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 168

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed