Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ppf

My guy said a lot of the things you just stated, and I think he even said they use heat to apply in certain areas.. My guy is going for no seams or paint that's not covered..... I think we are all getting a little crazy about this car and process and need to chill a little....
you're absolutely correct @Tall Steve. I didn't mean to step on @Drozboyz toes at all...I was just speaking from my own experience.

Resurrecting this thread, do you guys have ppf lined up? I'm wavering on ppf and ceramic coating and thinking about just using my trusted detailer to wax and maintenance wash it... Am I making a huge mistake for a black car?

They wont.... if the top 2 xpel and 3m dont have it in the works, it will have to be free form or everyone will have to wait until they get a customers car in to work on templating..... ceramic goes over ppf, or xpel has a ppf w ceramic on it.... but no templates, may be a while
I am getting PPF however it will be custom, in the next couple months a wrap will be done but the designer needs to fly into Vegas to do 3d scanning of the car to get all the proper measurements.

Resurrecting this thread, do you guys have ppf lined up? I'm wavering on ppf and ceramic coating and thinking about just using my trusted detailer to wax and maintenance wash it... Am I making a huge mistake for a black car?
Get PPF for black, you won't regret it. Just be prepared for $$$$ as you're going to be paying for a custom PPF job.

Front, rockers, headlights, and a-pillars are getting PPF. 2 step ceramic over the whole car including paint, wheels, calipers, exhaust tips, and glass. Interior leather protection (Sky Cool Gray will not be easy to keep clean I imagine). Full 20% tint. All lined up and scheduled to drop off the car directly from the dealership. Whenever that is.

like I've said before OP....a good detail shop doesn't need a "template" to apply PPF film. you laughed it off last time stating, or rather insinuating that it would be expensive.....but you're protecting a $100,000 car....choice is yours but my shop Elite Finish Detailing in San Diego...and opening soon in Alpharetta, GA because the owner is moving to Woodstock, is going to apply STEK Matte PPF on my car without "templates". If you check out their instagram account you may start to think differently about shops that need "templates" to do the work...they do nothing with said "templates". It is literally just the same as wrapping a car with vinyl an no wrap shop uses a "template" to wrap a car, at least if they did, since those "templates" never fully cover the car, you would end up seeing the original paint color at ever seam. Thats also why those "templates" are a terrible idea for PPF because you will still have exposed paint near any body line or seam.

just my $.02, I'm not trying to upset anyone folks...just something to think about.
Templates are a subpar way to wrap and from experience they never wrap around edges like they should.

Front, rockers, headlights, and a-pillars are getting PPF. 2 step ceramic over the whole car including paint, wheels, calipers, exhaust tips, and glass. Interior leather protection (Sky Cool Gray will not be easy to keep clean I imagine). Full 20% tint. All lined up and scheduled to drop off the car directly from the dealership. Whenever that is.
I am doing similar, minus the ceramic pro coating as that would ruin the booth display this fall at SEMA, however I am doing full cover KAVACA the moment I take delivery.

Templates are a subpar way to wrap and from experience they never wrap around edges like they should.
Not really true. A lot of pro installers start with a template and then extend out the edges for wrap around. This is much more effective way of using ppf instead of using uncut sheet which creates a lot of waste.

Not really true. A lot of pro installers start with a template and then extend out the edges for wrap around. This is much more effective way of using ppf instead of using uncut sheet which creates a lot of waste.
I guess I've had some bad experiences then with a previous car that a shop used a template on, you could instantly tell. Maybe they didn't stretch the wrap as they should have. However that was years ago and in a different city/state.

But regardless it's likely measurements for a template won't be out till this fall or until someone submits all the measurements. Not sure anyone here is going to wait till fall to PPF their $100k car.

Should I get full ppf or just full front? Looks like I'll be hitching a ride for the office for a bit lol

It depends on how much you want to protect your investment. I did a partial on my CTS-V3 and regretted it as piece of gravel hit my protected hood only to leave a chip on my roof.

I am getting PPF however it will be custom, in the next couple months a wrap will be done but the designer needs to fly into Vegas to do 3d scanning of the car to get all the proper measurements.
Skepple?

Yes & yes. Protect your investment utilizing modern technology.

I don’t agree that templates are subpar in all cases. Some very good shops use templates with built in slack, if you will, in order to wrap the edges.

Doubt there are templates yet anyway. But good shops will have no problem wrapping the car.

What I'm having done to my girl!

I'm have LLumar Valor film put on my BW (Full Car)
Full hood
Full roof + A-Pillars
Full front & rear bumpers + front splitter + rear diffuser
Full doors, trunk & B pillars
Full headlight & Trim
Full rockers panels + side skirts
Full fenders
Full roof rails & quarter panels

Windows:
LLumar air 80 film on front windshield
LLumar IRX on front, rear, and back glass

Ceramic coating:

Wheel faces, barrels, and calipers
Exposed trim
Front grill
tailpipes
All glass surfaces

I think that should work... They will get the car this Saturday afternoon and give it back to me in approximately 10 day.. That's going to be another long wait!

Asking a dumb question but i thought the windows have a “wrap” already on them for thermal reduction…..seems like i read that in full order guide. So if so, can you wrap over them again?

Asking a dumb question but i thought the windows have a “wrap” already on them for thermal reduction…..seems like i read that in full order guide. So if so, can you wrap over them again?
If its like the V3 it's not a wrap but part of the window itself. Or at least seemed that way when you looked at the windows.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back