Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Power Steering warning

The_Ghost

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I just got the

POWER STEERING ISSUE DETECTED
POWER ASSIST WILL BE REDUCED SOON
PLEASE SERVICE POWER STEERING

After the message went off, I have hardly any resistance at all to the steering. It feels like I'm driving something from 1970. I have an appointment, but they said if the message isn't there, it's highly unlikely they'll find anything wrong. Should I disconnect battery and try a hard reset?

I just got the

POWER STEERING ISSUE DETECTED
POWER ASSIST WILL BE REDUCED SOON
PLEASE SERVICE POWER STEERING

After the message went off, I have hardly any resistance at all to the steering. It feels like I'm driving something from 1970. I have an appointment, but they said if the message isn't there, it's highly unlikely they'll find anything wrong. Should I disconnect battery and try a hard reset?
Something from 1970, like no power steering at all or do you actually have power steering and it feels different now?

Try cycling through the steering modes to see if you notice a change in resistance between Tour, Sport and Track. If you have an ODB scanner you can check to see if any codes were thrown.

You can disconnect the battery to cycle the ECU, etc. but doesn't provide much confidence.

By chance, have you had the wire harness recall done yet?

Something from 1970, like no power steering at all or do you actually have power steering and it feels different now?

Try cycling through the steering modes to see if you notice a change in resistance between Tour, Sport and Track. If you have an ODB scanner you can check to see if any codes were thrown.

You can disconnect the battery to cycle the ECU, etc. but doesn't provide much confidence.

By chance, have you had the wire harness recall done yet?
I did have the wiring recall done. By 1970 powersteering, I mean you sneeze on the wheel and it turns. Very, very, very little effort to turn the wheel now. I've turned Vmode on and off several times. That's how I got the warning the first time. I accidentally hit mode, then quickly pressed it again and again. That's when the warning came up.

I did have the wiring recall done. By 1970 powersteering, I mean you sneeze on the wheel and it turns. Very, very, very little effort to turn the wheel now. I've turned Vmode on and off several times. That's how I got the warning the first time. I accidentally hit mode, then quickly pressed it again and again. That's when the warning came up.
What if you just change the drive mode to Sport for example? Sport should default to medium resistance. Probably wouldn't hurt to disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes and let all the ECU and control modules reset.

You can also go into MyMode and manually set the steering feel via the touch display. Maybe change the mode there to see if it has any effect?

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners