Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4BW's Turning Off - Safety Risk

Yes, the plug in was on both cars. The first time it happened, they told me it was a brake module and they "fixed" it. Now, they say it is something else. The bottom line is if it isn't the plug in and I am driving the car the way it was made to drive, can I risk the brakes failing again?
100% - that's a totally reasonable mindset and I don't disagree with you at all. I've even changed my driving habits since this has come up months ago. With that said, all but 1 of the individuals that have had these problems, had something plugged in to the OBD II port. At the least, taking that out should provide a little comfort.

I know it's not ideal, but hopefully we can zero in on this as a group and find the commonality/problem.

I hired a lawyer and am pursuing a lemon law claim. In case anyone else is interested, the attorney has been doing lemon law cases in Florida for 30 years and was an attorney at GM. Patrick Cousins, Cousins Law Firm, West Palm Beach Florida.

With the Lemon Law, GM would have to buy it back and reimburse me for payments and other expenses. The IRS rate is $0.60. So, anything over $300 I have spent on the down payment, payments, renting a car because I am scared to drive this one, would be reimbursible.

@Nanci CT4 Blackwing ......if you get a buyback, you should give @Rob the VIN so he can mark it as such in the registry.

I'm sorry for your issues. Nothing worse than a car that scares you. We had one when we were kids. It too would stall whenever it wanted. Mom and dad dumped that one fast.

Reactions: Rob
Anyone running jB4 and have this happen?

Has there been any update here? I’m cautiously optimistic I haven’t heard any more instances of this happening between this thread and the facebook groups

Also wanted to check in on this, as I haven't heard from Cadillac. I did see this on KBB (I think) when I checked book value via VIN.

I count myself lucky to not have experienced these issues, of course, but am not opposed to getting the recall work done proactively.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back