Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 9 Miles and in the shop(Multiple failures) - RC found(?)

Cadillac CT4-V model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
So looks like the current batch of 23 blackwings have definite QC issues.

Picked up my 23 CT4 blackwing manual and driving off from the lot I get a warning for power steering needs service, decide to drive on a little longer.

Soon the alert system pops up all kinds of warnings and I lost power steering. Steering just behaves like a totally manual steering wheel.

Alerts/codes
  • Rear axle system off
  • Service ESC,ESC disabled
  • Service charging system (vehicle may stall)
  • Service power steering (No assist soon)

Limp back to dealership, got dropped at home in a Cadillac certified service vehicle.

FML.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Pics and videos of codes.

Attachments

• 37D9EA49-9A96-4D17-BD02-0FB80ECC78D1.jpeg
    37D9EA49-9A96-4D17-BD02-0FB80ECC78D1.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0138.MOV
    48.8 MB
  • B73DE5AC-66A2-4806-B980-263CB08CE55E.jpeg
    B73DE5AC-66A2-4806-B980-263CB08CE55E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 182
Could be interesting...best scenario would be something like an old battery (wouldn't surprise me if batteries started backing up during pandemic/supply-chain crunch) or a grounding issue somewhere.

We'll all be watching for the answer. Sorry for your pain!

Could be interesting...best scenario would be something like an old battery (wouldn't surprise me if batteries started backing up during pandemic/supply-chain crunch) or a grounding issue somewhere.

Yeah I am thinking its battery/alternator/grounding related too. Too many disparate systems failing and the "Service charging system (vehicle may stall)" seems to point at something electric related.

Do you have the date code from the battery? If not, try to call the dealership in the morning and see if you can get it before people start tearing too far into the car.

Picked up my 23 CT4 blackwing manual and driving off from the lot I get a warning for power steering needs service, decide to drive on a little longer.

Soon the alert system pops up all kinds of warnings and I lost power steering. Steering just behaves like a totally manual steering wheel.

Alerts/codes
  • Rear axle system off

Limp back to dealership, got dropped at home in a Cadillac certified service vehicle.

FML.

It happens. I had a CEL right off of the lot too. Took them 2 weeks to resolve it.

These cars are very voltage sensitive.

That stinks, hope they get you figured out ASAP

So, the steering rack replacement did not fix the issue- Car still lost power steering and other warning lights at random intervals regularly.

GM sent out a Field service engineer and -
The FSE found a small portion of the main engine wiring harness exposed and causing a short in the system (at times). He has approved us to have the harness replaced.

I bet it was a goat in Lansing snacking on the wires.

Alerts/codes
  • Rear axle system off

FML.

I'm gonna be honest. This scares the shit out of me! The fact that my car has been on hold for almost three months! The fact that it was released for one day and then placed back on hold. I know this is the goat rodeo but something doesn't seem right to me!

I'm gonna be honest. This scares the shit out of me! The fact that my car has been on hold for almost three months! The fact that it was released for one day and then placed back on hold. I know this is the goat rodeo but something doesn't seem right to me!
They probrably just needed a wiring harness for another customer and yours was known good.

I think you and I had the same TPW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners