Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Personalized license plate

In NY, the past few years, the plates are made horribly. The plastic lamination is peeling off, down to the aluminum. But, people just drive with bad plates.......why, because the ticket cameras can't read them !

***NY State update....when you bring your car in for safety inspection, they will (supposedly) be checking for damaged license plates and reporting you to the DMV. I guess the free ride is over !

Last edited:
In NY, the past few years, the plates are made horribly. The plastic lamination is peeling off, down to the aluminum. But, people just drive with bad plates.......why, because the ticket cameras can't read them !
Both plates were not flat...had a bit of steel roll... otherwise seem good.

I put rubber backing front and back to hopefully lessen flex, rattle noise and to protect the paint in the back and I also used 3m 2 sided adhesive on the back to secure it better - and to counter the flex since only two bolt holes on the back plate.

Yet to drive it with the new plates yet...but I'm sure its faster now.

Just got the Blackwing a couple weeks ago, and it’s keeping the plate from my truck.

I normally do vehicle-specific vanity plates (my Fiesta ST has “FIST” and my Yamaha XSR900 has “XSARR”), but I enjoy this one too much since it reflects what I do to pay for my toys.
IMG_4431.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish we could get 8 letters in Virginia. Here its max 6. I tried to get BLKWNG...but it was taken. So I ordered BLWING...I'll post a pic once they're in and on the car.

We need front plates here unfortunately. I considered not putting them on. I think it looks much better without...also don't want to drill but found a really nice no drill front plate holder that should fit well attached to the grill from Sly Brackets. https://www.slybrackets.com/store/S...C-CT4-WITH-MESH-STYLE-LOWER-GRILLE-p566058593
7 characters in VA.
IMG_2770.jpeg

So, I have the Cyber Metallic Yellow... was thinking about this (my kids have influence on saying it was like a bumble bee). I wish I would have a CT5 V BW to really live up to it. I may have to get an exhaust to own it.

1707483598574.png

So, I have the Cyber Metallic Yellow... was thinking about this (my kids have influence on saying it was like a bumble bee). I wish I would have a CT5 V BW to really live up to it. I may have to get an exhaust to own it.

View attachment 24194
or BUMBL V...

View attachment 24194
Nice, this is one of the better V plates I've seen. I have something similar on order, but the delivery estimate is 8-10 weeks. :(

how about this for a vanity plate

happened 5min from the office yesterday morning during rush hour -- I pass this area every day, idk what he was thinking, but the dude allegedly walked away from this

if you look closely, you can see his bottle of NOS shoot across the roadway to the shoulder after he starts rotating through the air. car had about 700whp allegedly

1707503187593.png

Last edited:
how about this for a vanity plate

happened 5min from the office yesterday morning during rush hour -- I pass this area every day, idk what he was thinking, but the dude allegedly walked away from this

if you look closely, you can see his bottle of NOS shoot across the roadway to the shoulder after he starts rotating through the air. car had about 700whp allegedly

View attachment 24197
I have no problem with people driving in the left lane and as fast as they want as long as it's safe for the condition/other traffic but this kind of Darwinism will never be okay. These drivers are the reason everyone should max their Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist coverage!

I have no problem with people driving in the left lane and as fast as they want as long as it's safe for the condition/other traffic but this kind of Darwinism will never be okay. These drivers are the reason everyone should max their Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist coverage!

100% agreed. 30 yards further down the highway and that innocent road crew would have been a part of this too.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back