Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Personalized license plate

I call BS on that. If you get stopped for 130 mph in a 70 mph zone.........you deserve it.

You should respect their authority.
Great point. The people going over 100 on our freeways are self centered people who are putting everyone's life at risk. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you should drive it irresponsibly.

I have no problem with people driving in the left lane and as fast as they want as long as it's safe for the condition/other traffic but this kind of Darwinism will never be okay. These drivers are the reason everyone should max their Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist coverage!
I have a problem with people going over 100. Not only is it dangerous to everyone, but it encourages others to drive irresponsibly. Most people driving fast don't even have proper tires. One idiot who was driving incredibly fast wasn't paying attention to the slowing traffic ahead and stomped on the brakes and the car nosedived and then proceeded to do a 360 across 4 lanes of traffic. Fortunately, he didn't flip or hit anyone.

Great point. The people going over 100 on our freeways are self centered people who are putting everyone's life at risk. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you should drive it irresponsibly.
Whoa whoa whoa, what if I live in Germany and we are allowed to go over 100…

My rule is to give Nissan Altimas and Chevy Malibus wide path and not get mad or be surprised when they pass you on the shoulder at twice the speed limit.

Whoa whoa whoa, what if I live in Germany and we are allowed to go over 100…
We are not talking about Germany where the roads are far superior to ours. I also bet that the Germans put high quality tires since they are traveling above 100. Americans buy the cheapest tire they can because they are uninformed and others don't care about the only item on a car that is contacting the road. Never skimp on tire quality.

My rule is to give Nissan Altimas and Chevy Malibus wide path and not get mad or be surprised when they pass you on the shoulder at twice the speed limit.
And also rude BMW drivers.

Long story why mine is JSMOSBY. Original car with it was gray. It might be a trivia question which Civil War history buffs or professionals would answer. Yankees and the period-ignorant may request enlightenment.

Long story why mine is JSMOSBY. Original car with it was gray. It might be a trivia question which Civil War history buffs or professionals would answer. Yankees and the period-ignorant may request enlightenment.
He was a local in a sense...the town where I live used to stage re-enactments of his raid where he captured a bunch of Union soldiers including some of rank. I attended one of the re-enactments once. Can't say I'm a fan of the cause but can always admire skill and panache.

Also WRT driving 100 mph (or more) I'm in agreement not to do it if car (incl tires) and driver not up to it. That being said there is no magic warp speed barrier present at 100 mph.

I used to tell folks that I drive 100+ (at some point) every time I drive...but thats when I used to commute 140 miles every day with some on long highway stretches with light traffic. Now its mostly in passing slower cars on long county road straights (where I slow back down to more reasonable speed after).

Though once, back in the 90s with my MR2 I did the entire stretch on 95 from Baltimore to New York never going below 100....those were the days (I'm older and a bit more mellow now)....that trip i think I made it from far side of Baltimore to Bridgeport Ct in about 3 1/2 hours...

A long time ago in a far away reality I was driving from Arizona to go camping in the Sierras. The drive was over 900 miles and of course I did it in one shot driving my GMC 2500HD truck. It was about 1AM and I was on the final 100 miles in the middle of nowhere California when law enforcement pulled me over going 100+. The reason was he was concerned for my safety even though there were essentially no other vehicles on the road. Do you know what his concern was? (Hint: it had nothing to do with my driving and no ticket was issued).

A long time ago in a far away reality I was driving from Arizona to go camping in the Sierras. The drive was over 900 miles and of course I did it in one shot driving my GMC 2500HD truck. It was about 1AM and I was on the final 100 miles in the middle of nowhere California when law enforcement pulled me over going 100+. The reason was he was concerned for my safety even though there were essentially no other vehicles on the road. Do you know what his concern was? (Hint: it had nothing to do with my driving and no ticket was issued).
Wild havalinas? Oh sorry misread...thought you were in Arizona...so don't know...were you being chased by a wildfire?

My Blackwing got tagged today. Back on topic :)

Attachments

• 20240314_174754.jpg
    20240314_174754.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 56

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace