Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Parts included with CT5 BW

JJIV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5V Blackwing
Hi Everyone,
New member here after just taking delivery of a 24 CT5 BW, 6spd with the carbon 1, 2 and ccb. Had a question that hopefully you all would know....when I took delivery there were parts missing in the trunk, mainly the inflator and liquid. The sales person took it from a CT4 BW. The only other parts in the trunk were the tow hook, funnel and ccb rotor protectors. The manual mentions something about installing or removing parts for track use. Should the car have included any additional parts other than these?
Thanks!

Congrats on that loaded BW!

The dealer is supposed to install some parts from the trunk....my dealer did not since I asked them not to touch the car lol. Check to see if your dealer installed the aero pieces that go over the rear ball joints/arms, the plastic rock protectors behind the front wheels and the aero strakes that go with the CF lip.I have the CCBs as well but I installed OEM CF after I purchased the car so I had to swap out the aero in the front to the strakes that go with the CF lip.

With the CCBs there is a front cover that needs to be removed for the track (need to check manual) for better air flow to the front brakes, but it needs to be on for the street to prevent rotor damage. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Wow awesome information. Thanks! Will look tonight to make sure all those items are in.

I have CCBs and I’m not aware of a “front cover.” For track there are air deflectors that attach to the control arms. Those would be bad for street as they would direct debris as well.

I have CCBs and I’m not aware of a “front cover.” For track there are air deflectors that attach to the control arms. Those would be bad for street as they would direct debris as well.
Yeah that's the one I was thinking about thanks

Part #18 is pre-installed in the front for std splitter, part #19 is pre-installed with the CF lip.
When I got the CF lip later I had to purchase part #19 and swap out part #18

1000022767.png

These are the parts I had in my trunk since the dealer did not install anything.

1000022768.jpg

Attachments

• 1000022769.jpg
    1000022769.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Part #18 is pre-installed in the front for std splitter, part #19 is pre-installed with the CF lip.
When I got the CF lip later I had to purchase part #19 and swap out part #18

View attachment 24981
That’s interesting. I installed an OEM CF splitter and although I bought #19 I ended up just putting #18 back on. I’ve heard various people say different things about #19.

My 22' 5BW came with the 2 metal "tomahawks" in the trunk. The dealer said that they are only installed for track days. If I had ordered the car with all the carbon fiber, and ceramic brakes, etc......I would still be waiting for my car ! LOL !

That’s interesting. I installed an OEM CF splitter and although I bought #19 I ended up just putting #18 back on. I’ve heard various people say different things about #19.
@rubberduck Now I am curious....is #18 required with CCBs? They were never installed on my car....they were in the trunk. When I got the CF front splitter I installed #19. If anyone has CCBs AND CF splitter could you check if #18 and #19 are installed? Didn't think that was possible

Last edited:
Actually rewatched the Savage Geese Science Fiction video where they explain a lot of the tech stuff with shots underneath the car....it clarified everything....so it's part #19 with the CF lip and the CCBs have an extra dust protector below the control arms.

Actually rewatched the Savage Geese Science Fiction video where they explain a lot of the tech stuff with shots underneath the car....it clarified everything....so it's part #19 with the CF lip and the CCBs have an extra dust protector below the control arms.
Could you please share the link to the video.

roughly 10 minutes in they go though the braking part

Thanks. This is extracted from 9:53 mark and it does not show the tire deflector, but since these are not installed at the factory it's still possible they could be intended. I think I like the tire deflector for street use as it may limit larger objects (like cardboard) from entering the wheel well. The rotor air deflector I definitely would not use for street.

Front End Airflow Parts-CCB-1.jpg

FYI the rotor air deflector came pre installed and Savage Geese highlighted that as additional protection for the rotors. Are you saying you removed those and also replaced 19 with 18, or have both 18 and 19 installed? It will be good to see what others who have CCBs and CF splitter have underneath. @jwolf99 would you be able to to share a picture of your setup? Thanks

FYI the rotor air deflector came pre installed and Savage Geese highlighted that as additional protection for the rotors. Are you saying you removed those and also replaced 19 with 18, or have both 18 and 19 installed? It will be good to see what others who have CCBs and CF splitter have underneath. @jwolf99 would you be able to to share a picture of your setup? Thanks
My rotor air deflectors were in the trunk with all the other parts and no instructions. I installed 18 which is the tire deflector. You can’t install 18 and 19 at the same time because there is physical interference. It would be interesting to see what a CF1/CCB car has installed and what was in the trunk.

Last edited:
Given that GM and dealer PDI is all over the place with this stuff I’m not sure about anything. I had them installed at one point, but after looking at them, it seems like they would just direct debris right into the rotors. After all, they’re supposed to direct airflow into the rotors.

Given that GM and dealer PDI is all over the place with this stuff I’m not sure about anything. I had them installed at one point, but after looking at them, it seems like they would just direct debris right into the rotors. After all, they’re supposed to direct airflow into the rotors.
You have a point ....I pmed you with some feedback I got. In the Savage Geese vid they highlighted these as additional protection. I have those installed (not by me) btw and the dealer did not pdi my car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back