Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Key FOB paint chips

Here is a pic.. Found out how much they cost!

Attachments

• 20220822_181823_resized.jpg
    20220822_181823_resized.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 128
They have other colors as I recall but the best key fob cover I've found is this two-piece high quality unit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092JJ23FW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

(My daily use fob's painted cover is also chipped, and I haven't bothered trying to find some touch-up paint so I just installed this cover and try to not think about it...)
My key is a different shape than that one in the link you sent. The BW key is like the top one with the green checkmark.

Screenshot_20220822-152614_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This one seems pretty good but the Cadillac emblem on the back of the FOB would probably not work with our "V" badge. https://a.co/d/hwFKsPP

Or there's this abomination🤦 Amazon.com: JanneChou Zinc Alloy Key Fob Case Cover Holder Shell Fit for Cadillac Escalade CT4 CT5 2020-2022 5-Buttons 6-Buttons With key Chain(Gray) : Automotive

My key is a different shape than that one in the link you sent. The BW key is like the top one with the green checkmark.

View attachment 12020

This one seems pretty good but the Cadillac emblem on the back of the FOB would probably not work with our "V" badge. https://a.co/d/hwFKsPP

Or there's this abomination🤦 Amazon.com: JanneChou Zinc Alloy Key Fob Case Cover Holder Shell Fit for Cadillac Escalade CT4 CT5 2020-2022 5-Buttons 6-Buttons With key Chain(Gray) : Automotive
The Carbon Fiber? one looks cool if it will work on the FOB?

The Carbon Fiber? one looks cool if it will work on the FOB?
It seems like all the fob covers are made with a cutout for the Cadillac emblem. It appears to be a tight fit which wraps around the emblem. Only way to get this to work is to buy a cheap aftermarket shell with the caddy emblem and replace the back of it.

@PrimeTime You bought that at the dealership? That seems like the best option or PPF over the painted surface.
Here is a pic.. Found out how much they cost!
All this may sound ridiculous but if I'm spending the money to PPF the car why not have the $300 key done too?

Or is the equivalent of putting plastic on the couch?

It seems like all the fob covers are made with a cutout for the Cadillac emblem. It appears to be a tight fit which wraps around the emblem. Only way to get this to work is to buy a cheap aftermarket shell with the caddy emblem and replace the back of it.

@PrimeTime You bought that at the dealership? That seems like the best option or PPF over the painted surface.

All this may sound ridiculous but if I'm spending the money to PPF the car why not have the $300 key done too?

The Ol man put plastic covers on the couch when I was a kid! My ass would have to be peeled off the seat each time I sat on em, but I don't plan on doing the same with the FOB. Extra PPF, why not? It worked.

yep they have those "FOB Skins" hanging on a rack at my local dealership for all kinds, C8, Escalades, Vee's etc..Skins I think is the name? That's before I PPF the car and added the PPF as well to the FOB, so the FOB is fully covered? Simple shit, but I have a tendency of dropping it once and awhile. Its on the receipt as FOB cover but no #?

Call John in parts at 954-835-6910. For anything Vee BW..maybe he can help.

Fortunately I have my PPF and ceramic starting tomorrow and will bring both FOBs for the works. Fine look pretty good so I don't think any color correction will be needed, just some minor polishing.

Sheeesh, don't complain. Cadillac will hear and put this on constaint as well. You'll be left with pedestrian key with no color.

Fortunately I have my PPF and ceramic starting tomorrow and will bring both FOBs for the works. Fine look pretty good so I don't think any color correction will be needed, just some minor polishing.
nice, nothing like a full spa day! :)

Prob would just need some clay bar. Mind the creases.

Suprised no vendor has yet offered to paint these to match the body colors - that would look terrific.

Suprised no vendor has yet offered to paint these to match the body colors - that would look terrific.
I vinyl wrapped mine to match my body color. Came out great. No chipping. $2.

PXL_20220622_204636026.jpg
PXL_20220622_204535888.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop