Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Open Road Racing the Vagon

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
Well, we entered the Big Bend Open Road Race (bborr.com) again for 2012 and we'll drive the Little Red Wagon again in the 110 MPH class. We'll have to do better with our timing though as we finished 5th out of 29 cars in the class last year. Missed our target time by 0.483 seconds. The class winner was only about 0.100 seconds off. Ouch.

There were 3 wagons last year at the BBORR - ours and 2 Dodge Magnums and we were in the only "V" (wagon or otherwise) last year. Back in 2010, we ran our V1 and there were 2 V1s there.

Well, we entered the Big Bend Open Road Race (bborr.com) again for 2012 and we'll drive the Little Red Wagon again in the 110 MPH class. We'll have to do better with our timing though as we finished 5th out of 29 cars in the class last year. Missed our target time by 0.483 seconds. The class winner was only about 0.100 seconds off. Ouch.

There were 3 wagons last year at the BBORR - ours and 2 Dodge Magnums and we were in the only "V" (wagon or otherwise) last year. Back in 2010, we ran our V1 and there were 2 V1s there.

This looks like a similar event as the Silver State Classic in Nevada (FLAT OUT). Good luck on your next run! Sounds like a blast..

This looks like a similar event as the Silver State Classic in Nevada (FLAT OUT). Good luck on your next run! Sounds like a blast..

Most Open Road Races are similar as they are Time/Speed/Distance rallies rather than races.

This will be our 7th trip to BBORR and it's a lot of fun - where else can you run triple digit speeds for an hour and wave at police radar units and not worry about going to jail? The biggest worry is wadding up the car by doing something stupid.

Since we run stock cars with stock seat belts, the 110 MPH class is the fastest target speed class we can enter. Still, rolling into a curve at 100+ where the exit is blind and there's a yellow caution speed sign showing 60 is a real kick.

Getting close to the BBORR.
Checked out my fire extinguisher and mount - ready.
Changed out the intercom stuff in our helmets from NADY stuff to Chatterbox stuff. NADY used a single ear speaker so we were listening to each other with just one ear and the microphones were getting iffy. Chatterbox CB50 unit is designed for racing instructor/student work - hard wired, no radio - and has stereo speakers. Much better when we want to talk to each other.

Now I've got to find proper decals for the fenders to go along with the door numbers.

I heard on another forum that a second V Wagon will be at the BBORR this year - a blue one. It's supposed to be in the 120 class and have 5-point restraints installed. Can't wait to see that.

Drove the V today to work. What a wonderful car!

Getting close to the BBORR.
Checked out my fire extinguisher and mount - ready.
Changed out the intercom stuff in our helmets from NADY stuff to Chatterbox stuff. NADY used a single ear speaker so we were listening to each other with just one ear and the microphones were getting iffy. Chatterbox CB50 unit is designed for racing instructor/student work - hard wired, no radio - and has stereo speakers. Much better when we want to talk to each other.

Now I've got to find proper decals for the fenders to go along with the door numbers.

I heard on another forum that a second V Wagon will be at the BBORR this year - a blue one. It's supposed to be in the 120 class and have 5-point restraints installed. Can't wait to see that.

Drove the V today to work. What a wonderful car!

Tuna, good luck to you and stay safe!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners