Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car is confused

The_Ghost

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I've had some on and off CEL issues the last 3 days in the cold. Today it was on and wouldn't remote start so I called onstar and they ran a diag. Apparently my car now identifies as an EV. Has anyone had this happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_174541_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_174541_Email.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 92
I've had some on and off CEL issues the last 3 days in the cold. Today it was on and wouldn't remote start so I called onstar and they ran a diag. Apparently my car now identifies as an EV. Has anyone had this happen?
Regardless of your car's identity issues 😁 , remote start is inhibited when there is a CEL. It's an annoying protection scheme even when the CEL is something minor.

Last edited:
Some other member posted about taking delivery of their ct4bw with the cel on and this was one of the two codes present. There was no follow up by that member in regards to the outcome though.

Maybe your car just needs some counseling.

Searching that code around the interwebs, it seems your car is not confused but whatever service that provided that code description definitely is.

Wouldn't expect anything less from the land of fruits and nuts.

I don't think we should be so judgmental. It's no skin off my butt if the car wants to be an EV, as long as it is respectful of ICE cars and is careful about where it gets plugged in, ya know?
Agreed but all bets are off when this is all they talk about and all they show us anymore...

So the issue is the active exhaust valves. Dealer called and said they needed to order thise, then he went on to say an entire exhaust system. I don't believe that I have aftermarket exhaust, but now I'm wondering.... I bought the car in September with 12k miles.

Is it a 0 or a 1?

So the issue is the active exhaust valves. Dealer called and said they needed to order thise, then he went on to say an entire exhaust system. I don't believe that I have aftermarket exhaust, but now I'm wondering.... I bought the car in September with 12k miles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back