Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Oh No!

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
Over the weekend, I noticed that the intercooler coolant was a little low. So I added some. Only to have some of it leak out under the nose of the V Wagon.
I get down on my hands and knees and I see that the intercooler radiator is wet on the bottom.
So, the V Wagon is at my favorite dealer's service department.

I hope it's a simple fix!

It is a simple fix but not cheap.
The heat exchanger (radiator) is leaking and must be replaced.

BTW, my dealer loaned me an XT5 while my V Wagon is in the shop. I've been wanting to test drive one just to see if the big SUV might be something I would want. The answer is NO!

The XT5 is huge. It towers over my other cars (Vette, ATS and CTS). It's wider than all of them - the outside mirrors just barely cleared the door frame into my garage. The seats are not very supportive and the thing leans when it is turned at any speed - does not inspire any confidence if I need to maneuver quickly.
I'll be very happy to get my V Wagon back.

Last edited:
Oh Yeah!
All is good again. Not cheap but the V Wagon is worth it.

It is a simple fix but not cheap.
The heat exchanger (radiator) is leaking and must be replaced.

BTW, my dealer loaned me an XT5 while my V Wagon is in the shop. I've been wanting to test drive one just to see if the big SUV might be something I would want. The answer is NO!

The XT5 is huge. It towers over my other cars (Vette, ATS and CTS). It's wider than all of them - the outside mirrors just barely cleared the door frame into my garage. The seats are not very supportive and the thing leans when it is turned at any speed - does not inspire any confidence if I need to maneuver quickly.
I'll be very happy to get my V Wagon back.

Our dealer loaned the Fairest Sandra the Red an XT5 while her ATS-V Sedan was getting its new engine. My impression of the XT5 was the same as yours...the thing is a monster.

Also on the V-Wag, since its an '11, ie: seven years old, if you never changed the charge air cooling fluid, I'll bet that's why the heat exchanger started leaking. Those systems are filled with a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and water which needs to be changed ever 4-5 years regardless of mileage because after that length of time, the corrosion inhibiters are probably no longer effective.

if you never changed the charge air cooling fluid, I'll bet that's why the heat exchanger started leaking. Those systems are filled with a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and water which needs to be changed ever 4-5 years regardless of mileage because after that length of time, the corrosion inhibiters are probably no longer effective.

I had the coolant changed but didn't think about the intercooler back then. Oh well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back