Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Official Cyber Yellow Thread

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
I'm really torn on the new 2024 Cyber Yellow color, so I figured I'd start a thread to compile pictures and impressions from folks that have seen the color in person. I absolutely love it in the official Cadillac brochure images, but I have no idea how much that reflects real life.

1694709129662.png

1694709142179.png

I think they made the right choice with this color. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

This is the challenge. Those pics look very mustard or 70s harvest gold. I definitely want something bright, so it's either this or velocity red, but we need more pictures!
It's not very bright, although this is on the showroom. If you're looking for pop I think the red is going to do that better. I think the image below captures what I saw in person best. It could be entirely different once it's out in the sun
IMG_8997.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 92
Good thread I will also watch with interest. I happen to like what I am seeing, and would not want it too bright. Regardless of shade, it will be badass with carbon and tinted windows. Being in Rift now, it would be a huge change for me but I am thinking about it. I really like Black Diamond Tricoat too, but I know there are lots of naysayers.

Was going to say. It probably looks even better with the black carbon bits on it like on the 4BW above.

Velocity Red is Torch Red isn't it? You've probably seen it on a hundred Corvette's. Its very bright but in sun it also looks orange.

Cyber Yellow does indeed look like a gold mustard yellow. Its not "bright" but it definitely stands out, not my personal cup of tea but its one of those colours I'd like to see on other cars not my own.

Velocity Red is Torch Red isn't it? You've probably seen it on a hundred Corvette's. Its very bright but in sun it also looks orange.

Cyber Yellow does indeed look like a gold mustard yellow. Its not "bright" but it definitely stands out, not my personal cup of tea but its one of those colours I'd like to see on other cars not my own.
Bright was the wrong word to use for what I meant. What I want is a color that is very visible, in part because I plan to track this car a lot and want people to see me coming in their mirrors.

You're right that Velocity Red and Torch Red are the same color. I had a C7Z that was Torch Red and I like the color, although I'm generally not a big fan of red cars.

I don't buy cars to maximize resale value, but I do think that the yellow will be highly polarizing and the red will be much less so. I do prefer that that cyber yellow isn't a washed-out highlighter yellow like Accelerate Yellow on the C8. In a perfect world, I'd like something more like Millenium Yellow on the C5.

In any case, let's keep the pictures coming and hopefully we'll see some more of a CT4 in that color.

They will think they soiled themselves when they see you in their rear view 👶 + :poop:

It's not a super vivid or bright color, but it does stand out. It's 85% - 90% metallic yellow that is trending to 10%-15% green is how I would describe it. Nowhere near a pure yellow like the C5.

Bright was the wrong word to use for what I meant. What I want is a color that is very visible, in part because I plan to track this car a lot and want people to see me coming in their mirrors.

You're right that Velocity Red and Torch Red are the same color. I had a C7Z that was Torch Red and I like the color, although I'm generally not a big fan of red cars.

I don't buy cars to maximize resale value, but I do think that the yellow will be highly polarizing and the red will be much less so. I do prefer that that cyber yellow isn't a washed-out highlighter yellow like Accelerate Yellow on the C8. In a perfect world, I'd like something more like Millenium Yellow on the C5.

In any case, let's keep the pictures coming and hopefully we'll see some more of a CT4 in that color.
Your looking into ordering another 5 or a 4 to add ? Juste curious since I look positively to going to a 5 from the 4 I have now and we both track.

They will think they soiled themselves when they see you in their rear view 👶 + :poop:

It's not a super vivid or bright color, but it does stand out. It's 85% - 90% metallic yellow that is trending to 10%-15% green is how I would describe it. Nowhere near a pure yellow like the C5.

I agree with this. Saw one in person at the dealership in the sun. I came away feeling like there was almost a sickly green in it. I really want to like it but in person I was a bit turned off by it.

After seeing those pictures so far, too much mustard, greenish, gold color for me. I had a C7 in Corvette Racing Yellow and loved it with black accents. Agree with poor-sha, the C8’s were bright. The C5 & C6 color was also a good looking color.
It’s a pass for me. Wow, the color palette lately sure has changed….

Could be better than looking in the rear view mirror and thinking you're in a police chase because of the red and blue OnStar lights in the mirror frame. 😱

I agree with this. Saw one in person at the dealership in the sun. I came away feeling like there was almost a sickly green in it. I really want to like it but in person I was a bit turned off by it.

It wouldn't surprise me. GM re-uses most of their colors in one way or another, and adding green was exactly what they did for the C8's "baby diarrhea" yellow. So your impression is probably spot on.

Sean, you have better taste than that, I know you do. Of course... you DID buy two bright blue cars, so there's that.

Nice thread! I am a sucker for yellow, as perhaps my all-time favorite is Honda's "Rio Yellow Pearl" that was featured on both the latter years of the S2000 and NSX. Unlike what has been described here regarding the new Cyber Yellow, it has more of an "orange-ish" metallic with the yellow, which is really amazing in person. I've never really been a fan of yellow exteriors that trend toward greenish hue.

Very much looking forward to seeing it in person though.
IMG_0974.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners