Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Official Cyber Yellow Thread

Congrats on the order. Hope it comes through. Had some fun nights at the circle track out that way.

Well, I've done a lot of reading in my almost 2 years as a forum member.

This week, I submitted my order via a local dealer for a Cyber Yellow CT5BW--MT, Aniline Seats, no sunroof, PDR, and no exterior carbon. Like so many before me, all I've got is the confirming 1100/1101 status confirmation from GM Workbench...and while it was a bit hollow to hear, I appreciate the dealer's honest summary of, "I really hope I get this car for you, but nobody knows if Cadillac will even pick up the order request."

...and so I am officially IN the GOAT Rodeo; Cowboy UP!
There's two questions you have to ask your dealer.

1. Have they received any 5BW allocations before?

2. What position in line are you?

If they have never received a Blackwing your chances are very very low at getting one. Likewise if they get one a year and your 5th in line you will probably also never get one.

There's two questions you have to ask your dealer.

1. Have they received any 5BW allocations before?

2. What position in line are you?

If they have never received a Blackwing your chances are very very low at getting one. Likewise if they get one a year and your 5th in line you will probably also never get one.
I can't speak to any past allocations, but safe to say they are NOT a high-volume dealer.

I am first in line (but I can only verify that based on a faith).

For insight, what is your understanding of the optimal past BW volume a dealer needs to have done in order to be in preferred positions for more allocations?

I can't speak to any past allocations, but safe to say they are NOT a high-volume dealer.

For insight, what is your understanding of the optimal past BW volume a dealer needs to have done in order to be in preferred positions for more allocations?

They need to have sold one before. Selling a car guarantees they will be given another. If they have never received allocation for a Blackwing its possible they don't meet GMs requirements to get one, which means you won't get a vehicle.

You can easily ask them if they have sold one before so you know that they can even get an allocation.

So darn excited to share a couple pictures of a Cyber Yellow CT5BW (still in shipping wrapping paper). Car arrived to Sewell Dallas yesterday, and I'll be flying down to take delivery next week. Notes and a whole lot more pictures to come as I get my first new GM product since a 2006 Pontiac GTO.
Thank you to many on this forum for the details / experience they have shared; since the cars are (nearly) impossible to drive before buying--I'm grateful to have a reasonable understanding of what I'll experience and why the pain of 'The Goat Chase' is all worth it.
IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

So darn excited to share a couple pictures of a Cyber Yellow CT5BW (still in shipping wrapping paper). Car arrived to Sewell Dallas yesterday, and I'll be flying down to take delivery next week. Notes and a whole lot more pictures to come as I get my first new GM product since a 2006 Pontiac GTO.
Thank you to many on this forum for the details / experience they have shared; since the cars are (nearly) impossible to drive before buying--I'm grateful to have a reasonable understanding of what I'll experience and why the pain of 'The Goat Chase' is all worth it.
View attachment 22220
View attachment 22221
Awesome, I cant wait to see more pics!

Awesome, I cant wait to see more pics!
You could just go down there and take a look for yourself! :)

That color is definitely going to have many shade changes in different lighting.

You could just go down there and take a look for yourself! :)

That color is definitely going to have many shade changes in different lighting.
I'm to busy at work this week to cut away and go hang out with the awesome people at Sewell.....

If I were in your position, I'd definitely be calling every dealer I could to get on another list. The future of these cars is a bit unknown and waiting on a list while your dealer hopes for an allocation isn't a risk I'd take. Go check the Dealers at MSRP thread and start getting in touch with dealers.

In 2023 there's less than zero reason to only look at your local dealer. Buying a car out of state is incredibly easy these days.

If I were in your position, I'd definitely be calling every dealer I could to get on another list. The future of these cars is a bit unknown and waiting on a list while your dealer hopes for an allocation isn't a risk I'd take. Go check the Dealers at MSRP thread and start getting in touch with dealers.

In 2023 there's less than zero reason to only look at your local dealer. Buying a car out of state is incredibly easy these days.
Thank you, @ukcats12 . I appreciate your advice, and as part of my story--it is me reaching out to Sewell (to luckily find an available and incoming CT5BW) that I will buy next week. I'll then have a long drive home--and upon a few more weeks of living with the Sewell car--I'll know how I may want to tweak the new order I have placed with my local dealer. Simultaneously, I will shift to TIGER MODE and find a high-volume dealer (Sewell and/or others) and order exactly what I want.
As a potential upside, maybe I end up being perfectly happy with the car I'm about to get...and NO more rodeo for me.

I'll keep the updates coming.

Dinopower manual or auto? I see they have 3 yellow in transit as of the other day one being yours as 2 of the 3 were sale pending. Any trade or no?

Dinopower manual or auto? I see they have 3 yellow in transit as of the other day one being yours as 2 of the 3 were sale pending. Any trade or no?
3 pedal car. Trade would have been slightly cumbersome given the distance--and that I think it's my 2017 Cayenne S that is going to go. But I'm looking forward to owning both for a short time to confirm it's a good decision for me to sell the Cayenne.

Sewell has one of these parked under the awning and it…looks like a stick of butter. Working out of DAL these last couple days and drove past it a couple times, daytime, but it is shaded under the awning and I was very much struck by the fact it didnt look like the pictures. Hopefully sunlight does it more justice but damn, 🧈 mobile was my first reaction.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back