Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member in Palm Harbor, FL w/ question

dabusjb36

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
Hey everybody! I am about to join the Cadillac club by purchasing an ATS-V. Is it true the Automatics are quicker than the manuals (0-60 & 1/4 mile)? Any input would be appreciated!!

Reactions: Rob
Congrats and welcome. I think it's safe to say that over the last decade, automatics have become quicker than manuals with advancements in transmission engineering and technology. An automatic transmission these days will always shift faster than a human being can, especially a dual clutch transmission. That's why a lot of automotive manufacturers have moved away from manual transmissions, like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and now Corvette.

Over the years, manual transmission car sales have steadily decreased to the point that car companies don't want to spend the money to invest in engineering a manual transmission for a new model.

I blame a lot of the demise of the manual transmission on people wanting bragging rights and wanting to look cool by telling everyone their car hits 60mph in 2.6 seconds.

For me personally, it's all about the driving experience. I could give two shits about someone's automatic Corvette being faster than my manual Corvette, because I don't feel the need to get into a who's dick is bigger argument.

Give me a stick shift in a sports car with a well tuned engine and chassis and an open road, and I'm in heaven.

If you want to impress me with the numbers your automatic car can pull, go take it on a track and prove to me you can actually handle what you've got without launching it into the tire barricades in a cloud of turf.

Sorry...more than you asked for, but as you can tell, the manual transmission issue is a sensitive topic for me. I'm still butt-hurt that the Chevrolet didn't offer a manual transmission option for the C8 Corvette.

Attention Cadillac Engineering: thank you for keeping the manual transmission on life support for those of us who appreciate the purest form of the driving experience!

I appreciate your thoughts. I have been driving a manual STi for the last 16 years, so if I decide to pull the trigger on an automatic ATS-v, it will take some getting used to, lol. You are correct. Nothing like a nice manual on an open road. Would you, or anybody happen to have any solid specs on the ats-v automatic vs. the manual?

Reactions: Rob
Where's all the manual guys to chime in? Good luck OP on your search!

Yeah, just anybody's input on this would be appreciated. I have read differing articles on line with different times listed. I was just hoping someone could provide first hand knowledge

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back