Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New 4VBW Owner - Question on Drive Modes

Bunch of comedians here huh ..... I have read the manual its vague at best. Figured someone might know the answer and could take the 12 seconds to answer it. Should have known better.....
Or take Cadillac up on their offer for the Spring Mountain Driving Academy. You'll not only learn what the modes mean, but also what they do in practical application. 100% worth the trip.

The 12 second answer...
mode indicator.jpg

Count me as an enthusiast of a good RTFOM beat down. It's way more fun than a "use the search function" flaming.

Last edited:
I believe it's how we parent.....Kid comes up and says, "do this for me", we say things like "figure it out", "do it yourself", "ask if you need help.......IF you have used your resources provided to you for YOUR thing that YOU own, like we did while waiting for our cars patiently" or something of the sort.
Also, c'mon, there are lights and buttons. It's fun to figure it out on your own. Or just uber and be done.

What a bunch of jolly ass holes we are. We are jolly being ass holes though. #noboldthreadsinblackwinggeneraldiscussion

^I don't have kids. I came like this OOTB :LOL:

Seriously though, after my pisstake post, I literally provided the 12 second answer(app install not included) in the follow up: search on 'driv' in the app and the help topic is staring you in the face.

That said, Caddy did a great job on the display (especially in Sport mode) that it kinda beggars belief you'd not see it there. Especially as you rifle through the modes or hit the V button and see the change. Ymmv ofc.

Thanks all for the laughs and finally figured it out.
Good stuff OP!
One thing we cannot take the piss over is that Sport mode will persist over key cycles.

The manual says and apparently how it was designed was to persist My Mode and otherwise default to Tour; however, for whatever reason Sport is good too. Incase you want that extra umph from the off.

I would go back to the dealer and ask for the manuals they obviously forgot to give you (the small quick guide is genuinely helpful) or instructions on how to download the MyCadillac app.
Barring that, I'd suggest a Youtube video on internet search functionality, or a...

Seriously [Berman]C'mon man![/Berman] the icon is right there in the display staring at you and waving. It's small but really really hard to miss.

Welcome to the forum ;)
Or you could simply go to the cadillac Icon on the dash and type in that very question as the interactive Owner's Manual is loaded into the car's software.

So, are we being butt heads are not? I had a guy over the weekend tell me part of my charm is pissing people off..... I'm still trying to figure out if thats good or not? 😁
Only because it legal where as pissing people on well , that's a good way to wind up behind bars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back