Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Nail in tire, oh joy...

Hah! Just looked and it appears what was shared here is the 1075 kit which is what I had before it broke. Looks like I replaced it with the more expensive 1085 but from pics it really looks like a nicer hard case but the same gun! Oh well...

What ever you do, never use the spray can like fix a flat. That gunk ruins everything inside including the wheel.

What ever you do, never use the spray can like fix a flat. That gunk ruins everything inside including the wheel.
Ready whip in there, no bueno for sure!

A micro USB charger screwdriver in the trunk or something similar along with the 1085 kit and hex shank bit no larger than 3/16 about the size of the reamer in the kit will help bore out the hole for the mushroom plug in a moment of stress. I picked up this at Sams for about $30. Maybe save the plug gun from falling apart for another install. My son has used the mushroom plug kit and not worries on his Q50 to date thankfully.

Attachments

• 20230316_184506_resized.jpg
    20230316_184506_resized.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 50
I would take it to a tire store and have a proper patch put on inside of tire. Years back I probably would have plugged it but not today.
Yup, and while theyre pulling the tire off theyll be sure to gouge your rim up. Great idea!

Sorry, how bent is the rim? I can see it a little bit in the pic.
Good question, it obviously has got a nick, but it seemed fine, the few miles I went. We'll see what they say on Tues when the tires come in.
I'm fortunate my local tire shop is literally 1 mile away, so I just need to inflate it enough to pop over.

I need to recce in my Hyundai first after each set of storms to see where the new ones are. One of those annoying things, barring sinkholes they are avoidable and I just needed to do a better job of being on the lookout. I'm blaming Spring Mountain... I had my eyes 'too far' ahead, doh.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back