Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V So Cal CT5-V blackwing owners with mid level seats in So Cal?

CT5-V Model

99sport

Seasoned Member
If you are a CT5-V Blackwing owner with high-performance front bucket seats (aka mid level, $2890 seats) and are going to a cars and coffee, car show, autocross, etc in the LA / OC area, would you be willing to let me look at (or ideally sit in) your seats?

I am about to put a deposit down for a 5-V blackwing build (which means paying a deposit and then waiting and hoping) and would like to see the mid level seats before placing the deposit. I injured my back last year, so I'd hate to order seats that give me back pain. I think the mid level seats look better, and I believe they have more bolstering, but my significant other prefers the looks of the standard seats.

I've test driven a blackwing with the standard seats, and had no issues with them. And I have spent a few weeks checking local dealer inventory looking for a car with the mid level seats, but everything on the lot or in transit has standard seats (and an auto trans and sunroof - which are deal breakers for me - hence why I am putting my name on the wait list to order one!)

Also, anyone who has sat in both seats, can you share your impressions and which you would choose and why?

Welcome!

I believe that the high level 4 seats are the same as the mid level 5 seats which should increase your odds. Where in SoCal are you located?

I believe that the high level 4 seats are the same as the mid level 5 seats which should increase your odds. Where in SoCal are you located?
I am in LA's South Bay.

Interesting on the 4-V blackwing seat. My local dealer has one in their showroom (with an automatic of course), which I sat in. It doesn't have the diamond quilting, but it might be the same seat otherwise - I'll investigate.

I read somewhere (probably on this forum, but I cant find it now) that someone thought the performance seats had bolstering that made it difficult to get in and out of the car. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Another concern is the fixed headrest. I often find headrests push my head forward unnaturally. This is especially true with a helmet on - I usually take the removable headrests out and flip them around so they lean towards the back of the car if I am wearing a helmet. I might track the Blackwing once or twice, but not regularly, so helmet comfort is not a big concern, but being poked in the back of the head with no way to adjust is.

Another question: Anyone know what the difference is between the mid level and high level seats? Is it just the exterior materials? In other words, do they fit the same? There is a dealer about 60 miles from me with a highly optioned 120th anniversary edition with an ADM with the high option seats. If the seats are the same I could make a trip out there to sit in them.

I am in LA's South Bay.

Interesting on the 4-V blackwing seat. My local dealer has one in their showroom (with an automatic of course), which I sat in. It doesn't have the diamond quilting, but it might be the same seat otherwise - I'll investigate.

I read somewhere (probably on this forum, but I cant find it now) that someone thought the performance seats had bolstering that made it difficult to get in and out of the car. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Another concern is the fixed headrest. I often find headrests push my head forward unnaturally. This is especially true with a helmet on - I usually take the removable headrests out and flip them around so they lean towards the back of the car if I am wearing a helmet. I might track the Blackwing once or twice, but not regularly, so helmet comfort is not a big concern, but being poked in the back of the head with no way to adjust is.

Another question: Anyone know what the difference is between the mid level and high level seats? Is it just the exterior materials? In other words, do they fit the same? There is a dealer about 60 miles from me with a highly optioned 120th anniversary edition with an ADM with the high option seats. If the seats are the same I could make a trip out there to sit in them.
I was referring to the quilted ones being the same between the 4 & 5. I'm unsure if the non quilted ones are of the same design.

If you are a CT5-V Blackwing owner with high-performance front bucket seats (aka mid level, $2890 seats) and are going to a cars and coffee, car show, autocross, etc in the LA / OC area, would you be willing to let me look at (or ideally sit in) your seats?

I am about to put a deposit down for a 5-V blackwing build (which means paying a deposit and then waiting and hoping) and would like to see the mid level seats before placing the deposit. I injured my back last year, so I'd hate to order seats that give me back pain. I think the mid level seats look better, and I believe they have more bolstering, but my significant other prefers the looks of the standard seats.

I've test driven a blackwing with the standard seats, and had no issues with them. And I have spent a few weeks checking local dealer inventory looking for a car with the mid level seats, but everything on the lot or in transit has standard seats (and an auto trans and sunroof - which are deal breakers for me - hence why I am putting my name on the wait list to order one!)

Also, anyone who has sat in both seats, can you share your impressions and which you would choose and why?
I got mid level seats in a 5BW. I've not sat in both seats but I have a bad lower back. I don't have any issues esp with the massage and heated seat option but I could see it being an issue if you really struggle.

You may be able to sit in them but with long distance the bottom is hard and you probably would get uncomfortable as so I after a few hours.

The seats are not C5 z06 uncomfortable but they are not Volvo seats.

How far is your commute and how do you plan to use this vehicle?

If you track and it's a weekend car that you make trips in a few hours and you get a chance to stop then I'd go with the mid level seats.

Resale the mid seats are without question a better investment. You gotta be comfortable or why bother buying it.

I was referring to the quilted ones being the same between the 4 & 5. I'm unsure if the non quilted ones are of the same design.
Yes, I may have been unclear, but I understood your intent. I looked through the Cadillac configurator, and they definitely look like the same seats. There are three 4-Vs with those seats near me on Cadillac's website, but all are "not available" currently. But expanding the search to 4s will definitely help!

I got mid level seats in a 5BW. I've not sat in both seats but I have a bad lower back. I don't have any issues esp with the massage and heated seat option but I could see it being an issue if you really struggle.

You may be able to sit in them but with long distance the bottom is hard and you probably would get uncomfortable as so I after a few hours.

The seats are not C5 z06 uncomfortable but they are not Volvo seats.

How far is your commute and how do you plan to use this vehicle?

If you track and it's a weekend car that you make trips in a few hours and you get a chance to stop then I'd go with the mid level seats.

Resale the mid seats are without question a better investment. You gotta be comfortable or why bother buying it.
The car would not be a daily driver. I drive across country a couple times per year, and this car might make it into that rotation, but it would primarily be a weekend car. I don't mind firm seats, it's primarily lumbar support I need. (I ruptured a disk in my back 18 months ago and could not walk more than a few yards for 7 months - thankfully, I am nearly fully recovered now - although my Miata seems too low and difficult to get into now)

Anyone know if the massage function is only on the mid level (and higher) seats? I did not realize they had a massage function.

Thanks for the feedback!

The car would not be a daily driver. I drive across country a couple times per year, and this car might make it into that rotation, but it would primarily be a weekend car. I don't mind firm seats, it's primarily lumbar support I need. (I ruptured a disk in my back 18 months ago and could not walk more than a few yards for 7 months - thankfully, I am nearly fully recovered now - although my Miata seems too low and difficult to get into now)

Anyone know if the massage function is only on the mid level (and higher) seats? I did not realize they had a massage function.

Thanks for the feedback!
I know about back pain!

Attachments

• IMG_9483.jpg
    IMG_9483.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

Thanks for the feedback!
Getting in and out of the BW is much easier than a Miata.

Fortunately this car has very good lumbar support. The upper and lower side bolsters are fully adjustable ( in and out) to accommodate large or small body types. Only restrictions I have heard of is that people who are under 5 2" have trouble driving a 5BW in manual.

As much as I hate to say it, it sounds to me like you would be a great candidate for the base seats. Yes, they don't look all that sporty but we all know they are more comfortable. I also think you may have an easier time acquiring a 5BW with base seats.

I am in Ventura County so I can let you know the next time I'm in the LA area. I do often go to Super Car Sunday at Pierce college.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back