Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Wait, we talking cars or..? Either way, agreed.

Nice to see Hennessey coming into play and not stop in stages. Straight to head work, new blower, etc.

I'm interested to see how much the Hennessey Blackwing will cost and how reliable it will be in the long run. Kinda came out of nowhere, though I'm sure someone here with industry connections have known about this for quite some time now. 1000 horsepower hyper sedan. What a time to be alive.

I'm interested to see how much the Hennessey Blackwing will cost and how reliable it will be in the long run. Kinda came out of nowhere, though I'm sure someone here with industry connections have known about this for quite some time now. 1000 horsepower hyper sedan. What a time to be alive.
And it's still able to daily? Crazy....

Not the Blackwing...
2024 Mercedes-AMG C63 S Review // We Drove It Over 1,000 Miles And Um, Yeah.

...but a reason I bought the Blackwing. Getting a big V8 in a car like this while I still can. It appears that Mercedes ruined a formerly great car.

Additional notes...

Love how they talked about BMW "having relations with the canine" at 16:47.

Love how they talk about how the Germans need you to do it their way only, at 17:45. "It gatekeeps the way that you should operate a vehicle. .... to the point where if you're not doing it exactly their German-specified way you get beeped at, yelled at, shouted at." Reminded me of an incident from my past: I was once YELLED at by a waitress in Frankfurt for "mixing" the white sauerkraut and the purple sauerkraut (I just put both on my plate, that's all, I swear!). "You can't do that!" True story. She also yelled at us for not handing her beer glasses the right way (our table was against the wall, hard to reach). And when she handed us the bill she said, "Ze tip is not included" and gave us a look. I don't think she had a high opinion of Americans. :) I should add: I didn't like it when the waitress treated us like that and I certainly wouldn't like a car that treated me like that.

Oh, and the childishness at 19:52. :)

Last edited:
Not the Blackwing...
2024 Mercedes-AMG C63 S Review // We Drove It Over 1,000 Miles And Um, Yeah.

...but a reason I bought the Blackwing. Getting a big V8 in a car like this while I still can. It appears that Mercedes ruined a formerly great car.

Additional notes...

Love how they talked about BMW "having relations with the canine" at 16:47.

Love how they talk about how the Germans need you to do it their way only, at 17:45. "It gatekeeps the way that you should operate a vehicle. .... to the point where if you're not doing it exactly their German-specified way you get beeped at, yelled at, shouted at." Reminded me of an incident from my past: I was once YELLED at by a waitress in Frankfurt for "mixing" the white sauerkraut and the purple sauerkraut. "You can't do that!" True story. She also yelled at us for not handing her beer glasses the right way (our table was against the wall, hard to reach). And when she handed us the bill she said, "Ze tip is not included" and gave us a look. I don't think she had a high opinion of Americans. :)

Oh, and the childishness at 19:52. :)

I love how AMGs look, but man they're overly complicated and heavy now. The 5 and 4 Blackwings are lightweights compared to the new C63 AMG. There was a time when AMG meant rip-roaring-fire-breathing-hooligan German muscle car. Now is not that time. I don't even mind the 4 cylinder hybrid. It's the driving dynamics that seems to be at odds with what the AMG brand means(or meant), and it seems that the media feels the same way across the board.

My M3 is a good spec sheet car but I don't feel much when I drive the sheet.

How much time from status 4B00 to delivery (Canada), it's been 4B00 from May 31th and no other updates afterwards..
Its a crap shoot. My 5BW was at 4B00 for 5 months before shipping to my dealer in Ontario. I've seen other Ontario dealers receive there's that were built the same week as mine ship within 6 weeks.

Its a crap shoot. My 5BW was at 4B00 for 5 months before shipping to my dealer in Ontario. I've seen other Ontario dealers receive there's that were built the same week as mine ship within 6 weeks.

Thanks, since I got a really good offer for my M3 I'm unloading it tomorrow and picking up an Auto 4BW for now, I have at least 5 reservations for a 2024 6MT to my specs so my chances of getting an allocation are pretty good.

I can't wait to try the damn thing, I test drove an SS 1LE and it felt very good and very confidence inspiring but the visibility and over the top looks bugged me.

Thanks, since I got a really good offer for my M3 I'm unloading it tomorrow and picking up an Auto 4BW for now, I have at least 5 reservations for a 2024 6MT to my specs so my chances of getting an allocation are pretty good.

I can't wait to try the damn thing, I test drove an SS 1LE and it felt very good and very confidence inspiring but the visibility and over the top looks bugged me.
I noticed the other day that a Quebec dealer has a manual available at 2-3k under MSRP, found it on autotrader.

$55,000 for $25k in parts

I noticed the other day that a Quebec dealer has a manual available at 2-3k under MSRP, found it on autotrader.

I missed a manual one in my city by 1 day, there is another one in transit I have a deposit on and there is a manual base one selling over MSRP 🙄

I look like I'm in a hurry and it's because I still have 3 track days already booked this summer and don't want to miss them because I sell my car.

Last edited:
I missed a manual one in my city by 1 day, there is another one in transit I have a deposit on and there is a manual base one selling over MSRP 🙄

I look like I'm in a hurry and it's because I still have 3 track days already booked this summer and don't want to miss them because I sell my car.
The cars are still rare in Canada, but the 4BW are easier to come by. I don't think you will have an issue getting one but the timeline will be a crap shoot.

That in transit one could be a week if its actually in transit or if its just been produced and sitting it can be much longer. You'd have to ask the dealer what the status code is for that transit one. If its 4200 you are golden.

The cars are still rare in Canada, but the 4BW are easier to come by. I don't think you will have an issue getting one but the timeline will be a crap shoot.

That in transit one could be a week if its actually in transit or if its just been produced and sitting it can be much longer. You'd have to ask the dealer what the status code is for that transit one. If its 4200 you are golden.

Car is in status 4B00 at dock so it could be here in a week or could be months... Of course dealer told me 1-3 weeks but when I got more info from managers in other dealers they told me how it could be.

Crossing 🤞

Car is in status 4B00 at dock so it could be here in a week or could be months... Of course dealer told me 1-3 weeks but when I got more info from managers in other dealers they told me how it could be.

Crossing 🤞
Yup, unfortunately crapshoot. They have been shipping quicker then last year (its called the goat rodeo for a reason) so you might be lucky. I don't think you will wait nearly 5 months like I did but I wouldn't except to see it in the next 4 weeks either. You will get it before the fall but by then you might not have enough time for even one track day.

If you do grab the auto for the time being at least you will have something to get familiar with. The manual is sublime though, the best tremec I've driven and I've owned and driven a lot of them these last few years in the C7, 6th gen Camaro, Mach 1 Mustang, the Blackwing tremec is the best version.

Enjoy those flappy paddles in the meantime haha.

Opinions are just like, opinions. Everyone has at least one!

Here is a trend, happening here, there and everywhere? Breakin news folks?

A toothless CT5-V Blackwing? Where is the rest of the fangs? More aggressive bumper? No thanx. ^^^^

A toothless CT5-V Blackwing? Where is the rest of the fangs? More aggressive bumper? No thanx. ^^^^
I am fairly certain the remainder of the vertical light is simply hidden behind the tape. I think the other spy shots from months back you were able to tell. In addition, it would make sense to align the CT4V and CT5V headlight design, IMO. I actually prefer the solid light bar on the CT4V, but to each their own.

I am fairly certain the remainder of the vertical light is simply hidden behind the tape. I think the other spy shots from months back you were able to tell. In addition, it would make sense to align the CT4V and CT5V headlight design, IMO. I actually prefer the solid light bar on the CT4V, but to each their own.
image.jpg

imagtwo.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop