Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Well I guess I've been living under a rock but I just now lost it to the Ozzy Man speedboat crash commentary.

Nobody got time for a smug, uniformed Canadian! :)
TBF, for a lower tier reviewer it's actually a well edited video and overall it's "better" than some larger accounts IMHO, but something as blatant as the hood kills it.

Such an obvious line of BS is bad. Someone based in Vancouver instead of T.O would never do such a thing :sneaky:

Someone needs to put Ozzy Man in a Blackwing.

"And I toggle this thingamajiggy to ensure I am in Launch Mode, bring up the revs, and sidestep the AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK ME!"

My intro to Ozzy Man was this 2015 video about a Mexican weather girl. The video now has 50 million views, so most of you have probably seen it. But sharing it juuuust in case one of you has not seen it. NSFW.
Been watching his video's for awhile now and think all of them are great!

Not a blackwing but someone with an auto 5BW try this Rapid Exit out (starts at 3:45) .. curious if they will, or maybe already have, bring this over to the blackwings

Not a blackwing but someone with an auto 5BW try this Rapid Exit out (starts at 3:45) .. curious if they will, or maybe already have, bring this over to the blackwings
I am pretty sure this feature is specific to the C8 DCT transmission. On the DCT you can pull both paddles at the same time which disengages the clutches so you rev it like a manual with the clutch depressed. It sounds like they programmed it for the performance launch mode which enables launch with both of the DCT clutches engaged to improve 0-60mph times.

The BWs get a GM 10L80/90 torque convertor based auto. They do have launch control and you can set the level of slip but it is a different beast.

BMW fanboys will claim the M3 is better without ever driving a BlackWing. They know better than professionals living with both cars for months lol.

BMW fanboys will claim the M3 is better without ever driving a BlackWing. They know better than professionals living with both cars for months lol.
Oh yeah. That’s why I said fingers crossed. If C&D even HINTS at anything being amiss the fan boys will pile on with “typical GM quality” or “German engineering is always superior” sentiment. I’m holding my breath that all goes well…so far it’s very positive! I really do believe that these magazines can make or break it for a car and or car company.

Really? Really? :rolleyes:
In the comments I saw 1 guy say a x340 could be better for Michigan, ok lol and 1 M3 buyer who praised the car but said he passed based on the interior and arse end.

I get all OEMs have cliched fanboi buyers, but except for the interior and that it's a Caddy (for OAP/clientele cliches) I haven't seen any groundswell of other marque's owners saying anything bad about the BWs.

Really? Really? :rolleyes:
In the comments I saw 1 guy say a x340 could be better for Michigan, ok lol and 1 M3 buyer who praised the car but said he passed based on the interior and arse end.

I get all OEMs have cliched fanboi buyers, but except for the interior and that it's a Caddy (for OAP/clientele cliches) I haven't seen any groundswell of other marque's owners saying anything bad about the BWs.
I'm am so over seeing the m340 argument.

First it's auto only.

Second, it's not a proper performance vehicle and is like 10 seconds slower at VIR.

Third, it's MASS produced/common.

Fourth, it's auto only :)

First it's auto only.

Second, it's not a proper performance vehicle and is like 10 seconds slower at VIR.

Yes and it was a silly single comparison in the results vs loooooads of positive ones, many of which praise the manual option.

I'm surprised it's only 10 sec slower TBH, lol. For a plain sedan that's pretty good!
And we know if GM could sell 10k 4BWs they would ;)

First it's auto only.

and 5th, it's auto only. ;)

Yes and it was a silly single comparison in the results vs loooooads of positive ones, many of which praise the manual option.

I'm surprised it's only 10 sec slower TBH, lol. For a plain sedan that's pretty good!
And we know if GM could sell 10k 4BWs they would ;)
10 seconds at VIR is a lot.

Also, the B58 is a nasty underrated bugger. 382hp crank, but does about that at the wheels. So within 20-25whp of the BlackWing but with AWD traction.

10 seconds at VIR is a lot.

Also, the B58 is a nasty underrated bugger. 382hp crank, but does about that at the wheels. So within 20-25whp of the BlackWing but with AWD traction.
For a race for sure! Don't disagree there & ya BMW love to underrate their engines. For a DD and a couple of track days a year it's fine.

I'm hardly going to buy a 340, but for how awesome the 4BW is and for how much Caddy goes on about developing the best handling sedan ever, for the 340 to be less than 8 secs behind on a 3 min lap is good. It just is.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back