Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Did these guys really not go through the trouble of simply using a GPS app on a smartphone to get actual speed? Speedometers are known to be off, especially at that speed. I remember an old C&D where a 993 Turbo S read 17mph high at 18x mph, and my Lotus is a solid 5mph high just at 65mph.

Also, true top speed runs are done in both directions to account for the impacts of wind/slope. Surely they didn't do that on what is pretty clearly a public road. They also have about 250lbs of unnecessary passenger.

All in all, these guys seem like tools.

I thought some publication did a top speed test and got to like 209.

Taking the dog along makes them seem like even bigger idiots.

Man... seems like you guys don't know anything about how to science stuff up.... To do solid pseudo-scientific testing you need a measuring instrument that masses think they understand with which you measure your constants ( 250lbs + paper weight) against your variables (unsecured pooch, straight Mexican roads, and an uncalibrated butt dyno).... Bruh.... pseudo SCIENCE....

Good read. A lot of ATS-V owners are spouting a hard pass, no vented hood, not easily tuned, not faster in a straight line, so why bother with a BlackWing? The article is a good counter.

I posted this elsewhere, but re-posting here because it makes a nice companion to the video above.

LF4 (CT4-V Blackwing) engine build animation:

This "... Cadillac has made it so that you can actually turn a lot of the annoyances off. For example, track mode exhaust pops and bangs way too much," had me almost questioning the credibility of this article, but in the end it won out. 🤣

For the record, I believe the ATS and ATS V took various Blank Blank of the Year Awards over the German marques in multiple years, but I can't argue with the foundational premise that the CT4 V BW delivers better value. :beer

Curious if anyone knows how the 4's pops and bangs are produced when exhaust is in track mode?

The pops are essentially unburnt fuel that combusts in the exhaust pipe. They are adjusting the valve timing to enable it.

Thanks at least one reviewer said they were synthetically added and that did not sound right to me.

Thanks at least one reviewer said they were synthetically added and that did not sound right to me.

Not synthetic but they do tune them in by adding fuel during deceleration causing it to ignite in the cat or exhaust. Combine that with an exhaust with open valves and you get some nice snap, crackle, pop.

It is nice to see Cadillac getting some of its mojo back. For me, the Blackwing with a manual transmission and its stellar reviews are the only things that brought me to the brand. I felt like the 4BW represents a good balance of price and performance in its class.

Sadly, just as they start to get their swagger back it is all coming to an end as they shift to EVs. Personally, I think it is a mistake for GM to go "all-in" on BEVs so quickly. If they want to offer some EVs in the lineup then great, but to completely abandon ICE offerings so soon seems foolish. I own both a Tesla and 4BW, there are pros and cons for each.

I assume in GMs case, from a business perspective the production costs are too high to keep both lines running and then you have all the associated politics. Then factor in the dwindling enthusiast market and the responsibility to the shareholders and the result is boring EV SUVs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back