Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Was just about to post this. Glad to see someone in Canada with impeccable taste. 🙂
Chris Harris signed the Blackwing for the owner (GM Employee) too which is cool.

CF AND a signature from Chris Harris? Lucky duck.
It's a signature car too, it's signed on the doorsill by Taka, the lead designer.

I know it's the Lyriq, but I enjoyed this detailed look at it

It's like they were reading my mind:
"The Cadillac CT4 and CT5-V Blackwing are the brand's last internal-combustion, high-performance sedans. Consequently, they're also the last manual-transmission cars the company will offer, and likely, two of the last manual sports sedans ever. Buyers seem to realize the window of opportunity is slamming shut. As such, the manual-transmission take rates are high for each model."

I know it's the Lyriq, but I enjoyed this detailed look at it

First product released from my studio from my tenure at GM. The reviews of the interior have been stellar which bodes well for future releases.

To me the Lyriq looks bad ass inside and out, BUT it's an EV! I just don't trust them yet.....
That has nothing to do with my job...I make shit look good. So selfishly that's all I care about with the good press lol.

A British journo get his hands on a CT4-V Blackwing:

His verdict: "If it were on sale here, it’d be a tough call next to an M3, even without the traditional monster American price undercut, which is the highest possible praise."

Bonus quotes:

Gearbox: "What world are we living in now where the very best six-speed manual transmission available in a sports saloon comes from America? The gate and throw are perfectly judged, with just the right amount of notch and distance. You won’t find better manual shift quality and feel in anything else this side of a Porsche or a Honda Type R."

Steering: "Though not fizzing with feel, the steering is on par at least with most European rivals and perfectly ratiod for a mountain drive."

Driver Inputs Overall: "Every input area just feels correctly calibrated, from the steering, to the pedals, to the gearshift. The Blackwing is enjoyable simply to operate."

Chassis: "...a fantastic chassis. ...a beautifully-judged suspension system that feels genuinely expensive and sophisticated, at least on a par with the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV. That the CT4-V Blackwing feels some 300kgs shy of its 1,870kg claimed kerb weight when pressing on is perhaps the highest complement we can pay..."

Interior: "... the cabin of the CT4-V Blackwing, which has a feeling of quality that most of us Europeans simply would not expect of an American car. In terms of touch points – the wheel, most of the buttons, the doors, the seats, the shifter – it’s all weirdly nice."

Last edited:
CT5-V Blackwing Driving Impressions from "TheTopher", posted 07/17/2022

Same guy did the CT4-V BW back in January: LINK (just in case it was not already posted in this thread).

A British journo get his hands on a CT4-V Blackwing:

His verdict: "If it were on sale here, it’d be a tough call next to an M3, even without the traditional monster American price undercut, which is the highest possible praise."

Bonus quotes:

Gearbox: "What world are we living in now where the very best six-speed manual transmission available in a sports saloon comes from America? The gate and throw are perfectly judged, with just the right amount of notch and distance. You won’t find better manual shift quality and feel in anything else this side of a Porsche or a Honda Type R."

Steering: "Though not fizzing with feel, the steering is on par at least with most European rivals and perfectly ratiod for a mountain drive."

Driver Inputs Overall: "Every input area just feels correctly calibrated, from the steering, to the pedals, to the gearshift. The Blackwing is enjoyable simply to operate."

Chassis: "...a fantastic chassis. ...a beautifully-judged suspension system that feels genuinely expensive and sophisticated, at least on a par with the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV. That the CT4-V Blackwing feels some 300kgs shy of its 1,870kg claimed kerb weight when pressing on is perhaps the highest complement we can pay..."

Interior: "... the cabin of the CT4-V Blackwing, which has a feeling of quality that most of us Europeans simply would not expect of an American car. In terms of touch points – the wheel, most of the buttons, the doors, the seats, the shifter – it’s all weirdly nice."
Pretty sure that’s the 5BW curb weight he quoted.

Pretty sure that’s the 5BW curb weight he quoted.
Oh, yeah, you're right. I just the conversion: 1870kg = 4122 lbs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back