Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Hope it wasn’t Crystal who built the engine that C+D blew up.
Whoever it was, my guess is they are sweating it’s contaminated fuel or something else unrelated to the build.

MotoManTV just put an interview up today, some of which is the future of Blackwings.
Haha, interview takes place at the library right near the Caddy studio.

Nice read but they are M5 homers...first time I am hearing M5 steering is sharper
"lacking that final degree of urgency you get from just flexing your wrist a few millimetres"

1. I can't stand darty overly quick racks that are just there to try and make a car feel sportier. Now, I can't say if this is the case with the F90 M5 (because BMW only let me drag one in a straight line at their BMW Track Days event) ... but a nicely weighted linear steering rack is a lot more confidence inspiring.

2. Although Brits will act snooty about them, they all secretly love 'yank tanks' - the fact that they are reviewing a car you can't buy in Britain says a lot in of itself. If only Cadillac were going after the European market again, there would be a Blackwing Estate (wagon) 🤤

"lacking that final degree of urgency you get from just flexing your wrist a few millimetres"

1. I can't stand darty overly quick racks that are just there to try and make a car feel sportier. Now, I can't say if this is the case with the F90 M5 (because BMW only let me drag one in a straight line at their BMW Track Days event) ... but a nicely weighted linear steering rack is a lot more confidence inspiring.

2. Although Brits will act snooty about them, they all secretly love 'yank tanks' - the fact that they are reviewing a car you can't buy in Britain says a lot in of itself. If only Cadillac were going after the European market again, there would be a Blackwing Estate (wagon) 🤤
The M5C is crazy good for its size. We lapped it (only 4 though) at Laguna Seca last Autumn.
There is no hiding the weight when the suspension compresses in the corkscrew or in the dip at Turn 6, but I didn't think (and again ofc a limited run) the steering let it down, it was just way too big for a car I'd want, similar to the 5BW in that case.

Is it me or do a disproportionate number of the comparison between the the CT4BW and the apparent beamer equivalent seem to be against the M3 Competition and not the Base M3? The base is far closer in price and power. I guess since the Beamer 6speed is up to the task they go up level to compare the automatics?

Most of them put manual vs manual and auto vs auto. In most of the manual reviews, the 4 wins. In most of the auto reviews, the m3 wins.

The m3 comp is a monster of an engine, the zf is great, and the interior is pretty awesome too. The 4 still has the better chassis and steering, but not enough to overcome them 3s power train. I don’t really disagree with their assessment, though they tend to gloss over the price difference.

Is it me or do a disproportionate number of the comparison between the the CT4BW and the apparent beamer equivalent seem to be against the M3 Competition and not the Base M3? The base is far closer in price and power. I guess since the Beamer 6speed is up to the task they go up level to compare the automatics?
I mentioned this earlier - in this thread…most comparisons seem to be to the competition but that to me, that didn’t seem like a reasonable comparison…especially if it’s stick. Car and Driver did that at this year’s Lightning Lap and Motortrend compared the 4 to the Comp in their head to head.

I mentioned this earlier - in this thread…most comparisons seem to be to the competition but that to me, that didn’t seem like a reasonable comparison…especially if it’s stick. Car and Driver did that at this year’s Lightning Lap and Motortrend compared the 4 to the Comp in their head to head.
The 4 is definitely a tweener. Hardly small but smaller than the M3, much cheaper, and less powerful. It's a numbers fight it will lose, but as a "driver's car" pretty much everyone points out it delivers and a fair few say more so than the M3.

IMHO it should be compared against the RS3 and upcoming G87 M2.
While then a bit bigger than those 2, it's totally comparable on price and being the 'smaller' of the options available from the respective companies.

The 4 is definitely a tweener. Hardly small but smaller than the M3, much cheaper, and less powerful. It's a numbers fight it will lose, but as a "driver's car" pretty much everyone points out it delivers and a fair few say more so than the M3.

IMHO it should be compared against the RS3 and upcoming G87 M2.
While then a bit bigger than those 2, it's totally comparable on price and being the 'smaller' of the options available from the respective companies.
Totally agree. The 4BW is a better comparison to the RS3 and M2 but with better handling, power and room. From a pricing perspective the M3 Competition is simply not in the same class, despite the fact that the 4 is competitive against it everywhere but peak power and space.

I love both C8 Stingray and ZL1 1LE but the C8 is simply too small for a guy my size without ripping out the factory seats, and the ZL1 1LE is a beast but it's A) too sharp for a solid daily and B)it's a Camaro so trunk and rear seats are nearly useless. That's said the 4s deliver a lot of driver engagement of those two for similar money with more space and creature comforts.

Against the RS3 and M2 the 4BW is a clear winner.

Side note: earlier in the thread it was stated the Caddies had inferior interiors, I beg to differ, there's a ton of hard plastic in the non touch points of the M cars as well, in nearly all the same places. Infotainment size and leather quality are really the only differences and that's by a pretty narrow margin when both are in top tier.

Totally
Totally agree. The 4BW is a better comparison to the RS3 and M2 but with better handling, power and room. From a pricing perspective the M3 Competition is simply not in the same class, despite the fact that the 4 is competitive against it everywhere but peak power and space.

I love both C8 Stingray and ZL1 1LE but the C8 is simply too small for a guy my size without ripping out the factory seats, and the ZL1 1LE is a beast but it's A) too sharp for a solid daily and B)it's a Camaro so trunk and rear seats are nearly useless. That's said the 4s deliver a lot of driver engagement of those two for similar money with more space and creature comforts.

Against the RS3 and M2 the 4BW is a clear winner.

Side note: earlier in the thread it was stated the Caddies had inferior interiors, I beg to differ, there's a ton of hard plastic in the non touch points of the M cars as well, in nearly all the same places. Infotainment size and leather quality are really the only differences and that's by a pretty narrow margin when both are in top tier.
Totally. The base M3 can maybe possibly but still bloody unlikely be had with zero options for a maxed out C4.
Agree on the plastics too. For me the hard plastic on top of the dash of the C4 is genuinely crap because of the reflections it can leave. Otherwise when I sit in my 4BW with the upgraded interior I don't think I'm missing anything relative to the Comp.
They're both great cars, but they are about 1/2 a model range apart.

The reflection of the dash is a function of four things, the type of glass , rake angle, colors and yeah, material.

I have the same issues with reflections in the AMG CLA 45, the combination of the windshield rake and contrast stiching make the dash reflect in it more noticeable. The brain learns to ignore it but it's definitely there. What I ultimately couldn't live with were the seats and ambient lighting was just too over done.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back