Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

The LF4 and LT1 is 465lbs
The LF3 is 485lbs
The LT4 is 529lbs
The LS7 is 454lbs
The LS2 is 443lbs

For comparison the F20c out of an s2000 weights 326lbs and a Honda k24 weighs 413lbs.

These are approximations I found online. Does anyone know what an LSA weighs?
The current version of the LF4 is being listed as 453lbs per the service manual specs...
LT1 is 465lbs

The current version of the LF4 is being listed as 453lbs per the service manual specs...
LT1 is 465lbs
With or without fluids?

After a 30-ish second intro, this is fives minutes of just noise. LOL.

Funny moment at work this week.

The throttle house video of the 5BW vs Lucid Air vs Hellcat, was viewed with me and the designer of the 5-where I informed him the car used in the video had HIS signature on the doorsill.

Funny moment at work this week.

The throttle house video of the 5BW vs Lucid Air vs Hellcat, was viewed with me and the designer of the 5-where I informed him the car used in the video had HIS signature on the doorsill.

That's kinda like the high-school science teacher realizing that the familiar looking hottie that he's been tossing 20s at all night at the club was actually his honor student last year.

Anyone speak Korean and can tell us what they said?

Even though it was wet, they both seem like they suck at driving.

Anyone speak Korean and can tell us what they said?

Even though it was wet, they both seem like they suck at driving.
I don't speak Korean, but in Youtube one can select captions and translate to English. Most likely there are errors, but here's one. Looks like you were right, they are saying they suck at driving.

Korean.png

Anybody else catch this at the bottom of C&D's long-term M3 update?

"Our M3 remains a pleasurable and brawny daily driver as we enter the back half of our test, but our recent acquisition of a Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing will surely add some competition. More on that in due time."

Looks like the 4BW folks will have some some (hopefully) good press soon. Wonder how they spec'd it out.

Looking forward to those comparisons. I love the green on that M3.
They will gush over the M3's M3ness and like the ATS V before it declare the 4BW out performs it in most ways but then hand the M3 the nod because the 4BW uses critical standard GM components like window, switches, door handles and seat buckles. Followed by a complaints about the not Cadillac y enough UI. The coupe de grace will be the fake M3 I6 engine sounds better than the mic'd live sound of the 4BW piped into their respective cabins. If you go back and read reviews of the ATS V the only thing it lacked to eclipse the M3 were a BMW badges. By several accounts the 4BW is a significant improvement over the ATS V but I suspect the same old biases will remain...

I hope they prove me wrong.

Or…just compare it to the standard M3. Not the M3 Competition that is like an M3 with a tune and all the tricks thrown at it that’s 20k more than the standard M3 😂
They will gush over the M3's M3ness and like the ATS V before it declare the 4BW out performs it in most ways but then hand the M3 the nod because the 4BW uses critical standard GM components like window, switches, door handles and seat buckles. Followed by a complaints about the not Cadillac y enough UI. The coupe de grace will be the fake M3 I6 engine sounds better than the mic'd live sound of the 4BW piped into their respective cabins. If you go back and read reviews of the ATS V the only thing it lacked to eclipse the M3 were a BMW badges. By several accounts the 4BW is a significant improvement over the ATS V but I suspect the same old biases will remain...

I think you’ll be surprised. C/d already ranks the 4 and 5 as 10/10s. They are going up against the manual version of the m3, which is down on power and supposedly has a rubbery shifter. I’m sure the m3 will be ranked with the better interior, but that’s cause it has a better interior.

Or…just compare it to the standard M3. Not the M3 Competition that is like an M3 with a tune and all the tricks thrown at it that’s 20k more than the standard M3 😂

Actually the M3 Comp (auto) isn't much more than the M3 Base (manual). The comp comes with the upgraded wheels (1300) that you want anyway so the price difference is only 2600 dollars to get the comp. Basically think of the comp as the auto m3 and the base as the manual m3

The price difference is actually less than the upcharge to get the auto in the 4 or 5BWs.

All the expensive features you can option on the comp you can also option on the m3 base and basically most are tech or cosmetic things rather than performance stuff.

The m3 comp xdrive costs a bit more still, but not out of line with what most manufacturers charge for AWD option.

BMW is essentially giving the comp tune for free.

Don't think of the comp version of the s58 as an upgrade, that's just the normal state of that engine. Think of the manual version of the s58 as a downgrade.

I think BMW structured it this way instead of just calling it M3 auto or M3 manual is because they had to so severely neuter the s58 so it doesn't explode their manual that they half assed. This way it doesn't seem like you lose all that HP and torque when you check the manual option box. BMW basically bundled the desirable wheels and the shadow line trim (blacked out trim that is a no cost option to charge) with the automatic, called it a comp and hoped no one would notice.

Look at the trap speeds in the C&D tests for the comp vs base M3. It's like a 125mph trap vs 117mph trap. The 8 speed auto helps but that's a huge difference. The comp is like 5 seconds faster to 150. It's way more than a 30hp difference can explain, that's nearly 4BW to 5BW difference by C&Ds tests.

I looked heavily into getting an M3 comp xdrive after ordering the 5BW and coming here and realizing that the order might never get picked up.

I had a spec all picked out and ready to order one at MSRP, but got the call the 5BW order was picked up. So I ordered an X3M comp for the wife (she insisted on an SUV). Even the X3M comp carrying 800 pounds more than the M3 manual and shaped like a brick is faster in the trap and faster to 150.

Sure you can tune the base M3 s58 back to its comp form but you gotta figure BMW neutered it so hard for a reason. I don't think they have alot of confidence in how much torque it can handle.

Last edited:
I think you’ll be surprised. C/d already ranks the 4 and 5 as 10/10s. They are going up against the manual version of the m3, which is down on power and supposedly has a rubbery shifter. I’m sure the m3 will be ranked with the better interior, but that’s cause it has a better interior.
Is it really a better interior, I mean really? Hard plastics in non tough points doesn't really upset me especially when it saves weight. The knock on Cadillac interiors are they aren't luxurious enough and some of the common switch gear makes them feel like standard GM rental car offerings, but the reality is Buicks, Malibu, Blazers and even Camaros may share window switches and wiper stalks but that's where the similarly in design language typically ends, not to mention Cadillacs tend to lead GMs line up on technologies. CUE being the exception that confirms the rule. BMW interiors are essentially the same across every model they sell. You don't here people knocking the M3 for using the same switches as an X2 though they do pack a lot of Rube Goldberg methodology into just about everything. Personally I don't really see their interiors as being all that great, but then I prefer a simpler function dictates form aesthetic...

I've sat in the new M3 with base seats, and I've sat in the BWs with base seat. I can with 100% confidence say that the BMW interior is better. It feels special, it looks nicer, and the user interface for all the controls is class leading IMO. Regardless of actual material quality, the BMW interior is just better. And it should be, for 10+k more.

Ive driven GM products for twenty years, and my 328 for the last ten. I love the BMW's interior, and i have the vinyl seats. Its a little spartan, but its all functional, well organized, and it feels reliable. The memory buttons for ten functions anywhere in the OS that tell you what they are mapped to with a capacitive touch is my favorite interior feature on any car, ever. If GM had put the Escalade's interior in the BWs, then maybe they would be close to even.

As a current BMW owner that plans on getting a CT4 BW over an M3, I think I have a pretty objective view.

They will ... hand the M3 the nod because the 4BW uses critical standard GM components like window switches ...

I think you’ll be surprised. C/d already ranks the 4 and 5 as 10/10s.
And Matt Farah and Jason Cammisa are already on record as saying they would personally choose the 4BW over the M3.

To add on to the interior debate - I sold my BMW m340i at the beginning of this year before I bought my blackwing. The BMW interior is better, hands down. Screens are brighter and bigger, the doors are heavier, there's less cheap plastic, it feels more spacious. Seriously, the extra couple inches of room in the backseat was really noticeable with kids, for cars that are almost the exact same exterior length. Yes, it's the m340i and not an m3. But all the BMW interiors of this gen are pretty much the same.

I love my blackwing. It's the best car I've owned. The problem with the BMW wasn't the interior, or the engine (that b58 was fantastic). It was the lack of soul - the lack of engagement - the lack of "special". How much of that was simply "lack of a stick shift" for me personally is tough to say. But as I've stated before, I never really loved the BMW. I respected it - it was one of the most practical cars I've owned. It just wasn't what I wanted. The Caddy is.

I never really loved the BMW. I respected it - it was one of the most practical cars I've owned. It just wasn't what I wanted. The Caddy is.
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2013 535i with the m sport edition and a 6 speed. It is a little older so the interior isn't quite as nice and now when compared to my daily driver new lexus rx350 the bmw is quite far behind. i'm hoping that the cadillac interior won't be much of a let down. that was part of the reason i didn't get an ats in 2016 when i got the bmw - i didn't think the interior and the technology would hold up as well as the bmw.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back