Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Loaded CT4V BW vs somewhat base CT5V BW?

Bangerman15

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 Ct4-V BW 6 speed on order!
Hey all, curious what peoples thoughts are to the title. Bit of back story - I took over a CT4 BW order that I’m excited about even though it’s pretty close to base options wise. I have an order(not even submitted yet) for a CT4V BW I was going to end up going all out on options basically after consideration and be close around 79k. After doing some math, even with price increases, I’m thinking of just changing to a base CT5V BW with maybe just some upgraded seats(the $3k seats) and calipers. Its around a 12k price difference.

Now the question is - has anyone else faced something similar between these 2 choosing a more base better car vs a highly optioned one? I love the thought of retaining a v8 as my current car is a GT350. Perhaps maybe any base or stripped down CT5V BW owners might be able to chime in on if they’re missing anything with their cars. Seems like not a huge difference for more vehicle.

My opinion is that even a base CT5V will have more in it than your GT350 does. The upgraded seats will definitely get you closer to the seating feel that you have now (assuming you have recaros). If you don't have recaros in the GT350 then I think the base CT5V interior will be better all around than the GT350.

My opinion is that even a base CT5V will have more in it than your GT350 does. The upgraded seats will definitely get you closer to the seating feel that you have now (assuming you have recaros). If you don't have recaros in the GT350 then I think the base CT5V interior will be better all around than the GT350.
Oh yeah I’m sure base to base it’s much better interior and performance wise. I actually have the cooled regular non recaro seats. I definitely want at least the sky grey ones as it brightens up the interior quite a bit which I like.

The 5 has a stock surround camera system. It isn’t an option for the 4.
Resell value usually favors a car with less options. By this I mean oftentimes options we add add nothing to the cars used value
I didn’t know that, but good to know about the surround! That’s something good to consider as well. Looks like carbon aftermarket parts coming out soon too which is nice. I just would love that v8.

Get the 5.. If the 4 had the 6.2 minus the blower I'd say 4. You'll miss that 6.2 no doubt. Like you mentioned, I think the only mandatory option is the seats.

With the market the way it is, I really think you could buy the 4, try it out, sell it and almost break even - then get the 5 if you really want it.

Get the 5.. If the 4 had the 6.2 minus the blower I'd say 4. You'll miss that 6.2 no doubt. Like you mentioned, I think the only mandatory option is the seats.

With the market the way it is, I really think you could buy the 4, try it out, sell it and almost break even - then get the 5 if you really want it.
Yeah that’s why I’m getting the 4 pretty soon, but figured since build time is a bit longer for the 5s I could change my order to that and enjoy the 4 for now. Just seems worth the slight premium vs a loaded 4 BW.

I’ll chime in as a new CT4 BW owner. Would love to have the CT5V BW for the engine obviously but the price difference for similarly optimized 4 vs 5 BW was about $20k, plus my quote for car insurance was much, much higher for the 5BW. I’d definitely consider insurance costs when factoring in which one to get.

I enjoy my 4BW very much so far. Would I love a V8 in it? Hell yeah but it wasn’t an option. No perfect car out there; they’re all a compromise in some sort.

I’ll chime in as a new CT4 BW owner. Would love to have the CT5V BW for the engine obviously but the price difference for similarly optimized 4 vs 5 BW was about $20k, plus my quote for car insurance was much, much higher for the 5BW. I’d definitely consider insurance costs when factoring in which one to get.

I enjoy my 4BW very much so far. Would I love a V8 in it? Hell yeah but it wasn’t an option. No perfect car out there; they’re all a compromise in some sort.
Yeah it wouldn’t be similarly optioned at all compared to the 4 so about a 12k or so price difference although idk now since the prices went up on the 5V BW. Could be closer to 20k now

Yeah it wouldn’t be similarly optioned at all compared to the 4 so about a 12k or so price difference although idk now since the prices went up on the 5V BW. Could be closer to 20k now
IMO- You only live once, so get the 6.2 so you'll have no regrets. it's only money..LOL

Thought about this, and the difference between my theoretical 4 and 5 was about 20k, which seemed like a lot of money. I just happened to get a new job and a substantial raise, which made me consider whether I should have gone with the 5.

Thing is, I put my order in back in February and my 4 is now supposedly built, meaning I'll get it eventually. Seeing how the goat rodeo is panning out, I doubt I would have even gotten an allocation for a 5 this year, so I still don't regret getting the 4 because I know I'll actually have it one of these days.

As someone else mentioned, maybe in a couple years when things are more normal I can jump into a 5 if I still want to.

Yeah that’s why I’m getting the 4 pretty soon, but figured since build time is a bit longer for the 5s I could change my order to that and enjoy the 4 for now. Just seems worth the slight premium vs a loaded 4 BW.

I agree with @phlip00ws6 that the market it so good, plus the 2023 is getting more expensive (even if only $2k base vs base including shipping) .. but you're going to want the 5BW. I'm looking at Gt350, Mach 1, or possibly a Cayman to replace my 4BW currently.

Amazing daily driver hands down, but for me it leaves a bit to be desired if all you care about is how sporty it feels. Hopefully I get to take it on the track before I find a replacement but I still have spring mountain if I don't get to

The interior is not a reason to buy either car. I feel it is much better suited to the cost of the 4 than that of the 5. But make no mistake, these are 2 very different machines. I have a 4 for now, with a 5 still on order. The 4 is so nimble, and plenty quick. But it is no 5 performance and sound wise. Pros and cons, my advice for your situation is choose the motor and transmission you want. Everything else on these particular offerings does not really matter.

If I wanted pushrods and a blower I'd buy a 1950s bus. 😉

Seriously, though, that "just $12k more" thing is how I talked myself into a lightly-optioned CT4-V Blackwing in the first place. I just can't afford a $90k car at this time. My $67k spec (seats, paint, calipers) is what can (barely) afford.

Even if I was in a position to make that choice, I'd probably still go with the 4 rather than the 5. The size suits me better. I'd use the extra $23k to add a 3rd vehicle to the fleet, probably an EV.

I was semi-serious about the bus, though. Those old trucks and buses are hella cool.

I agree with @phlip00ws6 that the market it so good, plus the 2023 is getting more expensive (even if only $2k base vs base including shipping) .. but you're going to want the 5BW. I'm looking at Gt350, Mach 1, or possibly a Cayman to replace my 4BW currently.

Amazing daily driver hands down, but for me it leaves a bit to be desired if all you care about is how sporty it feels. Hopefully I get to take it on the track before I find a replacement but I still have spring mountain if I don't get to
Ha, were the exact opposite, I'm getting ready to get rid of my GT350 for my 4BW. I daily mine though, so I just want the 4 doors. The Shelby is definitely a wonderful car, I'm sure I will regret it down the road.....

2019 with Tech and Handling Package.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 70
Ha, were the exact opposite, I'm getting ready to get rid of my GT350 for my 4BW. I daily mine though, so I just want the 4 doors. The Shelby is definitely a wonderful car, I'm sure I will regret it down the road.....

2019 with Tech and Handling Package.
That is CLEAN. Sent you a PM (I think lol a "conversation"). For me it's only a daily until I am in a position to lease an SUV. Since I plan to start working from home it's not getting a ton of miles anyways so I want something more sporty and less luxurious. I ultimately see myself in a M2 CS once the prices come down, if they ever come down

I bought my 4 because I couldn't get my 5 the way I wanted. NO regrets other than the V8. My thought was, and still is, get a pretty loaded 4 now and wait until 2024 MY. At that point, I'll either order a 5, or maybe even a Escalade V, and trade/sell the 4 and my Expedition. That way I'm back to one vehicle. Honestly, the 4 has enough power and is pretty darn fast. It's a pretty fun car.

I bought my 4 because I couldn't get my 5 the way I wanted. NO regrets other than the V8. My thought was, and still is, get a pretty loaded 4 now and wait until 2024 MY. At that point, I'll either order a 5, or maybe even a Escalade V, and trade/sell the 4 and my Expedition. That way I'm back to one vehicle. Honestly, the 4 has enough power and is pretty darn fast. It's a pretty fun car.
I’m 100% sure I’ll love the base 4 BW I took over once it comes in, but yeah I wanted to go all out on options for the 4 BW order I had placed with my dealer.. just seems tempting to change it to a somewhat base 5 and get on that long waitlist. Also not sure how long these cars will be out for which is making me not want to waste any time.

I was extremely fortunate that I was able to pick up a fully spec'd 5V off its first owner. Before that I had a mid spec 5v on order and actually was going to purchase and drive a loaded 4v BW until the 5 could be built. My buddy ended up buying the 4 I had a deposit on and its an awesome car.....but after driving my 5v for 3k miles there's no chance I would have been happy with the 4. If you think you want the power then go 5 and never look back. I was coming from a 392 charger (daily) and bolt on 450whp 6 gen 1LE Camaro (track/weekend toy) for reference. I think the suede back seats are a must on 5V but could live without everything else (CF1/2,CCB, etc) if I had to. The Blackwings are so refined I still find myself missing some Camaro attributes at times....but what the 5 lacks in the way of in cabin exhaust/induction noise it makes up for with mind blowing speed and a better interior. I still giggle like a child each time I get on the highway and have a chance to do a pull. The 4 just wouldn't check the boxes I'm looking for and I would think it may be the same for you coming from a GT350; I would bet money one ride in a 5v BW would convince you the LT4 is necessary lol.

I was extremely fortunate that I was able to pick up a fully spec'd 5V off its first owner. Before that I had a mid spec 5v on order and actually was going to purchase and drive a loaded 4v BW until the 5 could be built. My buddy ended up buying the 4 I had a deposit on and its an awesome car.....but after driving my 5v for 3k miles there's no chance I would have been happy with the 4. If you think you want the power then go 5 and never look back. I was coming from a 392 charger (daily) and bolt on 450whp 6 gen 1LE Camaro (track/weekend toy) for reference. I think the suede back seats are a must on 5V but could live without everything else (CF1/2,CCB, etc) if I had to. The Blackwings are so refined I still find myself missing some Camaro attributes at times....but what the 5 lacks in the way of in cabin exhaust/induction noise it makes up for with mind blowing speed and a better interior. I still giggle like a child each time I get on the highway and have a chance to do a pull. The 4 just wouldn't check the boxes I'm looking for and I would think it may be the same for you coming from a GT350; I would bet money one ride in a 5v BW would convince you the LT4 is necessary lol.
Oh yeah I’ve basically made up my mind to change at this point. Just need to see what spot I’ll be in at my dealer as I was pretty high up on the 4 BW waitlist and was told there’s a lot on the 5 BW list. I think it’s literally the perfect car. V8, manual, sedan, luxury. Checks all boxes for me. The 4 BW does too don’t get me wrong, but I don’t know how long these will be made and I have a preference for the v8. Would rather just go straight for that and not waste any time since it’ll be a long wait list process. Pricey car, but we will never see another v8 manual sedan again.

I do like the 6.2 as well. Had a 6th gen SS when they first came out and a c7 vette at one point too and really enjoyed them both. Can’t imagine with a supercharger on it, but I’m sure it’s crazy fast!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back