Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Loaded 4BWs don't make sense to me

Agreed. I suspect given lead times, these dealers ordered loaded 4s under the 'You want them and only we can get them mentality of 2022!" The market has changed drastically since then due to interest rates.
My dealer has a '23 track package 4VBW that they are heavily discounting (as is common). It is oddly optioned out and when asked why, they told me that they were simply allocated the track packages as is and didn't get to specify the options.

I'll remind everyone about the entire interior that's different than the rest and the carbon fiber seat backs. Spend your money as you see fit. ;shrug
Kind of sort of different, different colors, which unfortunately you can’t choose and is the only material difference the CF seat backs?

Caddy/GM aren’t the only ones doing this. I remember when BMW released the “30 Jahre”’ F80/82 M3/4 editions. All that consisted of was a different color scheme inside and out and stitching that said 30 Jahre on the headrests. Zero performance upgrade over a regular comp pack car. At least Caddy includes the CF packages on the special edition 4V BWs so you get a little performance bump, assuming you are going fast enough!

But I 100% agree that it’s none of my business how anyone spends their money. None of these are good financial decisions, some just have different pain points with said decisions.

Sure, but then you wouldn't have the cool stripes!

I get that GM wants to maximize sales and profits, and that's all fine and good, and for those folks that want a "50th anniversary!" decal package on their Corvette or a "Indy Pace Car!" banner on their Camaro, that's just great, for them. It ain't for me. And of course there are always the speculators who buy a car hoping that it will be rare and desirable and that they can sell it at Barrett-Jackson for half a million dollars in 15 years, only to find out that they would have been better off investing in Apple. But that's a different thread.

When you look at the Delta between the "regular" V-series car and the BW, it can be hard to justify the price difference for what is basically just a different engine. All of the other crap that they throw on has marginal cost for GM, and the engine isn't that expensive, right? So it all comes down to what you really want, and we have to throw the money consideration out the window and follow our heart. Otherwise, we'd all be driving Honda Civics.
The CT4 V has a different suspension than a CT4 V Blackwing. Different wheels and a different body design also.

The CT4 V has a different suspension than a CT4 V Blackwing. Different wheels and a different body design also.

Does the V have mag ride suspension? I didn’t think so, but I could be wrong. Also I thought the V doesn’t have Brembo brakes in the rear.

I was saying the same thing. I finally got my ordered accepted by GM, and should have a tenative build date, but 2 weeks ago I was on the phone with the sales manager complaining a bit. I placed my order in September.

I am keeping my eye on the inventory in case they don't accept my order and we have to take from another dealership, but every single one has the CF packages and are $85k+. I have a fully loaded car excluded CF and I am $73k. These are are getting marked down because they are A10 with CF. Not what majority want.

Keep your hopes up... you may see some people not pick up their car that was ordered just like how you want.

There are several used 4 BWs with just 500-2000 miles on them, but still priced high. Who trades a car with so few miles?

There are several used 4 BWs with just 500-2000 miles on them, but still priced high. Who trades a car with so few miles?
Flippers, folks with car ADD, people who think they'll like it because of great reviews, folks who like it but want more, and move to the CT5, people who thought they wanted a manual/automatic and traded for an automatic/manual.

The Porsche world is full of these lightly used cars.

Mine had 700 miles when I bought it. He wanted something bigger and got a CT5 Blackwing.

The owner of my GTO that I just got bought a CT5 Blackwing to replace the GTO. He had to trade it back in because the pedals were too close together for his prosthetic foot. He never had a problem with the GTO in almost 20 years of ownership but couldn't drive the 5. Traded it in with 300 miles.

I have a Road Atlanta IMSA special edition which I think has virtually every possible option including a great deal of carbon fiber.

I had looked at the local dealership and for a good while in the past, the only cars available were on order and all were M6s which neither my wife nor I wanted.

Added to the IMSA were an extended warranty and a protection plan for the expensive wheels and tires.

Finally, we had a 2009 Pontiac G8GT that had run beautifully for 120K miles but needed $1200 worth of repairs.

So, the $89,625 price though more than I'd have preferred, was OK. Handsome and gorgeous, sporty interior with only 14 mi on it after a short test drive. Happy to get it and so far pleased with the dealership.

Can't say I'm excited in the increased car insurance, other car is a 2 yr old Kia Stinget GT1 twin turbo but I think USAA is the best out there. Don

We ordered a 4BW for around $70K. I'm still looking at national inventory to see if something close pops up but a lot of the M6s sitting on lots are $85K+. I understand that the CF packages are expensive but at that price-point; the 4BW isn't that great of a bargain. I would be looking or ordering a 5BW. I think some dealers are knocking off significant amounts from the 2023 4BW special editions but they still seem to be unsold.
I don't disagree with you. Mine came in at just under $67k. The only thing I paid extra for were wheels and mid level seats. Everyone is different though. Some people like to put all their eggs in one basket. Others like me prefer to own numerous cars that all have a different purpose. If you only have one nice car and want to load it up with every option that's cool too though!

I don't disagree with you. Mine came in at just under $67k. The only thing I paid extra for were wheels and mid level seats. Everyone is different though. Some people like to put all their eggs in one basket. Others like me prefer to own numerous cars that all have a different purpose. If you only have one nice car and want to load it up with every option that's cool too though!

That's easy for you to say. You already have some nice eggs in your basket!

Can't say I'm excited in the increased car insurance, other car is a 2 yr old Kia Stinget GT1
Not pleased with the spike in my insurance premium either. Fortunately, my broker did some shopping around and secured a deal similar to what I was paying before purchasing the 4BW. We managed to maintain the same coverage while snagging several discounts for owning a hybrid car, having anti-theft devices on both vehicles, and bundling the policies with our home insurance. The ease with which one can compare options and shop around is sg i love in this country!

Not pleased with the spike in my insurance premium either. Fortunately, my broker did some shopping around and secured a deal similar to what I was paying before purchasing the 4BW. We managed to maintain the same coverage while snagging several discounts for owning a hybrid car, having anti-theft devices on both vehicles, and bundling the policies with our home insurance. The ease with which one can compare options and shop around is sg i love in this country!
My insurance rates went up over 50% in the last 2 years. I dropped them like a hot potato. I have no changes in my policy and no changes in my driving record except that we are aging like everyone else.

My insurance rates went up over 50% in the last 2 years. I dropped them like a hot potato. I have no changes in my policy and no changes in my driving record except that we are aging like everyone else.
It’s a nationwide thing and has been rising rapidly since around 2022. I remember calling my insurance company a year ago and asking WTF when nothing changed on my policy or driving record and cost jumped dramatically. Get used to these big jumps, no end in sight.

Insurance is rising partly due to the increased use of radar and camera sensors and the very high cost of replacement and calibration. This needs to be simplified and the parts shouldn't be so outrageous.

I just got a letter from State Farm that my rates are increasing another 26%.

Clean driving record, no accidents in over 10 years of coverage. I went and got a quote from USAA instead.

It's not just auto insurance. Homeowners has gone up too. All you get is excuses, though possibly justified. Crazy drivers, everyone sues, risk of wildfires, etc. Where does it end? You've got to shop around. That's why I switched to an independent agent.

It's not just auto insurance. Homeowners has gone up too. All you get is excuses, though possibly justified. Crazy drivers, everyone sues, risk of wildfires, etc. Where does it end? You've got to shop around. That's why I switched to an independent agent.
Crazy drivers running into houses.... 😲 ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back