Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

LED Side Markers

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
Something I would like to see for our cars are the smoked LED side markers.

1693206983861.png

To replace these orange ones

1693207180149.png

Tap Out has body colored overlays. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't want to draw more attention to them. Those LED are probably really bright at night?

Went 2 coats VHT nightshades then polished to a gloss. To me its perfect...still amber but the brightness turned down 50%. There needs to be subtle color breaks around the car, otherwise it's to 1980's body color everything.

They were $10.00 or something close to that price. Very easy to install.

Attachments

• CF Deflectors.jpg
    CF Deflectors.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
A few months ago I reached out to Savage Cadillac on the subject, I was told they are working on producing/sourcing smoked replacement side markers. No ETA, best to check their site periodically.

I emailed Diode Dynamics as I used them for my ZL1 LED smoked reflector replacements. They said they haven’t been able to get a CT4 in to do their research so they havent been able to produce them yet. I really like the full LED replacement as they are very high quality and arent too bright at night.

I emailed Diode Dynamics as I used them for my ZL1 LED smoked reflector replacements. They said they haven’t been able to get a CT4 in to do their research so they havent been able to produce them yet. I really like the full LED replacement as they are very high quality and arent too bright at night.
It looks like they're in St. Louis if there are any nearby volunteers.

I emailed them about doing them for the 5 as well but got no reply. I’ve had them on my last few cars, quality products

The sidemarkers are a one piece with the actual bulb, which sucks.
1000001813.jpg

As a PSA, the light emitted is supposed to be amber per the Fed.

I did switchbacks in my 05 ctsv custom projector foglights. Used a standard relay and a time delay relay to have them function properly. I was also probably one of the first people to have working 14/15 camaro rs led taillights in a non-rs car.

Here's when I mocked up clear lenses with amber led strip...
20230402_094924.jpg
20230402_094623.jpg
20230402_094933.jpg

VHT version here. Looks more amber in pictures than real life. I think the paint color makes a difference on what you choose to do.

20230902_154200.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners