Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Kill switch in 2026

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, if you are not passing someone get the hell out of the lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is always that one Richard Cranium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Texas its illegal to just travel in the left lane...

Oh well, I will shut up now...

"Why should we move over for the inconsiderate people who want to travel at 100mph? The people who are excessively speeding and are riding your tail are the ones who think they own the road."

I cant believe this was said in a blackwing forum.

"Why should we move over for the inconsiderate people who want to travel at 100mph? The people who are excessively speeding and are riding your tail are the ones who think they own the road."

I cant believe this was said in a blackwing forum.
I Know Right Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, if you are not passing someone get the hell out of the lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is always that one Richard Cranium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Texas its illegal to just travel in the left lane...

Oh well, I will shut up now...
When I moved to SoCal I thought maybe the laws were different than Chicago, not really. The far left lane is for everyone who drives -5mph of the speed limit or +40 mph over. The far right lane is reserved for merging traffic and speeders who want to pass NPCs in the far left lane. The middle lanes are reserved for normal cruising at 10 mph over.

This is not necessarily directed at @Tall Steve but to everyone else i thought would be interesting.

Legally anyone on a motorcycle can ride the white lines to pass between the far left lane and 2nd to the far left which is pretty awesome in traffic.
1700093478406.jpeg

Last edited:
This isn't about people driving 100 mph. My point was in reference to people driving at or around the speed limit. Meaning if the limit is 75 and you're doing 73-78, you shouldn't be in the left lane, especially if there a cars behind you. But, I defer to my rule....lead, follow or get out of the way. Most of these people need to spend a day or two on the autobahn.

A real defensive driver allows for what other people do that is not under their control (including this left hand lane foolishness). You should not be in the left lane impeding anyone, no matter their intentions or speed.

Most of these people need to spend a day or two on the autobahn.
I have many years ago. My poor little rental car maxed out around 190kmh and I didn’t spend much time in the left lane. Cars going 270+ come up fast and have zero patience. Got the headlight flash deal a couple times.

Driving in the US varies a lot by region. In the last year I’ve been to Boston for work several times. I’ve spent most of my life in the west, except for travel. What I learned is downtown red lights and green lights don’t have the same meaning as other big cities I’ve been. I asked a local co-worker what was going on. He stated it this way, “there is an agreed upon acceptable level of aggression.” I also learned a new word, Masshole. The bottom line, observe the local driving norms (not the laws), adapt, and act appropriately. When in doubt stay the fuck out of the left lane except to pass.

Last edited:
For sure. Then those that always seem to know better than us will create a law making it illegal. Can anyone name a program put on by .gov that is/has been successful?
I guess it depends on your definition of "successful" but I'd suggest that many people would say that they can't/won't live without Social Security. Although it has many holes, I think SNAP (food stamps) has been fairly good, overall. Any system is going to get abused, but I don't think that anyone should be going hungry in this country. OK, off of my liberal soapbox now... (j/k, I'm not really a lib)
Yet, for some reason people keep voting for these people. In that sense we are allowing them to do what they do.
Totally. I wish we had more accountability for our elected officials.
The left lane is not for cruising down the road like you own it, its for passing.....
So, many many years ago I went to visit my Grandmother shortly before she passed. She was in Santa Fe, and we went out for a drive so that she could show me some sites, Pueblos, etc. and she was tooling in the left lane at probably 20 under... a car passed her on the right, horn honking, people screaming at her. She said, "I know, I know I shouldn't be here, but I have to turn left up here somewhere." Ever since then, I've tried to be more compassionate to old people driving. Especially since now I'm one of them. LOL
Driving in the US varies a lot by region. In the last year I’ve been to Boston for work several times.
LOL, I used to go to Boston for work often, and I loved the way they drove up there! So aggressive! Great fun, and somewhat easier in a rental that you don't care about and remembered to get the collision waiver.

I spent a little bit of time growing up in MA and I remember the folks talking about the challenge of driving in Beantown.

I think the government should use the kill switch on left lane campers.

Kidding aside, if someone wants to go 100, I’m getting out of their way. Why would you want a reckless driver inches off of your rear bumper? I can’t stand self anointed lane sheriffs that think they can control others. It makes the situation worse and usually leads to some form of road rage.

TL/DR, if someone wants to go faster in the left lane, get the eff out of the way.

I think the government should use the kill switch on left lane campers.

Kidding aside, if someone wants to go 100, I’m getting out of their way. Why would you want a reckless driver inches off of your rear bumper? I can’t stand self anointed lane sheriffs that think they can control others. It makes the situation worse and usually leads to some form of road rage.

TL/DR, if someone wants to go faster in the left lane, get the eff out of the way.

Well Done Good Job GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

In my college days we had a saying, “ if you don’t like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.”
New student driver in my house recently. I've been telling everyone the same thing.

New student driver in my house recently. I've been telling everyone the same thing.
It helps to have a vehicle that can handle jumping curbs. An old school Olds or Chevy works good.

Last edited:
My kids all learned on an old Honda Odyssey. It definitely couldn't handle the curbs the same as the jeep or pickup. One of my kids jumped a curb and lightly hit a tree without causing damage to the tree. However it messed up the wheels and alignment. It had to go into the shop after that drive. And that is a BIG part of why I kept that car for so long. I wasn't going to let hte kids learn on mine or my ex-wife's dd..

LOL, the things we do for our kids! Very cool guys..
The Taco is our winter/utility tow/toy hauler. It’ll be paid off and pretty scratched up by the time she starts taking it to HS. Agreed though, way freaking nicer than the POS Plymouth Horizon I got to drive in HS.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back