Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Kill switch in 2026

The spoiled brat will be fine:
eDG40nr.jpg
You're tires are a little small.

Jeep.jpg

I'm on 35's now but thinking maybe 37's next. You don't want to know what my gear is though. Mall crawler..
What size in the pic?
Just giving you a hard time. KM2 37s, which are actually less than 37. Also have Dynatrac 60s, 5.13 and an Altas. I enjoyed (mostly) working on it for 6 years. The 6MT is about the worst transmission a person could have, but that's what I have.

Last edited:
Just giving you a hard time. KM2 37s, which are actually less than 37. Also have Dynatrac 60s, 5.13 and an Altas. I enjoyed (mostly) working on it for 6 years. The 6MT is about the worst transmission a person could have, but that's what I have.
The KM2 are a great tire! I also ran 5.13 in my "mall crawler"... My wife was driving in this pic....
boo boo repaired.jpg

All good. I'm still on stock axles and gears, 3.45. :oops:

Not in all states. Why should we move over for the inconsiderate people who want to travel at 100mph? The people who are excessively speeding and are riding your tail are the ones who think they own the road.

You're just plain wrong. If you are following the "left lane for passing only" law that we have in Texas and many other states, you would not be moving over for anyone. Regardless of the other guy's speed, you should already be in the right lane.

That's the whole point of the law. Never lolligag in the left lane. Pass someone, and get immediately back to the right.

Unfortunately, my observation is that people set their speed via cruise control, park it in the left lane, and then take a nap. Completely clueless of the huge line behind them and the idiot locked in the adjacent lane doing the exact same thing.

It can’t be the NSA, because its charter does not permit it to operate on citizens in this country. So duh! So I work in federal telecomm…..and at times take a big white boxtruck with spectrum analyzers, PXA, signal generators and various antennas and other goodies out in deep America…..so once when we were out….some red neck type came up to the truck and asked us, “what are you doing”, to which I answered.. “taking measurements of federal systems and our being here has nothing to do with recent reports of UFOs in the area…..”….

It can’t be the NSA, because its charter does not permit it to operate on citizens in this country. So duh! So I work in federal telecomm…..and at times take a big white boxtruck with spectrum analyzers, PXA, signal generators and various antennas and other goodies out in deep America…..so once when we were out….some red neck type came up to the truck and asked us, “what are you doing”, to which I answered.. “taking measurements of federal systems and our being here has nothing to do with recent reports of UFOs in the area…..”….

Our government most likely outsources the spying on American citizens to other countries such as China, Russia, Mexico, etc. (all kidding of course).

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, if you are not passing someone get the hell out of the lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is always that one Richard Cranium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Texas its illegal to just travel in the left lane...

Oh well, I will shut up now...

This isn't about people driving 100 mph. My point was in reference to people driving at or around the speed limit. Meaning if the limit is 75 and you're doing 73-78, you shouldn't be in the left lane, especially if there a cars behind you. But, I defer to my rule....lead, follow or get out of the way. Most of these people need to spend a day or two on the autobahn

You're just plain wrong. If you are following the "left lane for passing only" law that we have in Texas and many other states, you would not be moving over for anyone. Regardless of the other guy's speed, you should already be in the right lane.

That's the whole point of the law. Never lolligag in the left lane. Pass someone, and get immediately back to the right.

Unfortunately, my observation is that people set their speed via cruise control, park it in the left lane, and then take a nap. Completely clueless of the huge line behind them and the idiot locked in the adjacent lane doing the exact same thi

Nope. Not wrong. I'll gladly move over if I am the only car in the fast lane. What irritates me are the selfish drivers who want to go 100 mph and demand all others to move out of his lane, the fast lane. We all share the road and should be respectful. I have seen hundreds of times on a two lane freeway or roadway where there is considerable traffic in both lanes and people come up and tailgate and demand you move out of their way. This is rude and dangerous. Also, I have seen many times the inconsiderate tailgating driver who zips past the other drivers at an excessive speed getting pulled over a few miles ahead.

Nope. Not wrong. I'll gladly move over if I am the only car in the fast lane. What irritates me

Most of the problems like you share this sentiment. My frustration level has been MUCH lower in the years since I stopped giving free driving lessons, and just pass them on the right now.

Most of the problems like you share this sentiment. My frustration level has been MUCH lower in the years since I stopped giving free driving lessons, and just pass them on the right now.
You think I am the problem. I think the problem is the irresponsible drivers who drive at excessive speeds and tailgate who think they own the road and put all of us in danger. Are you one of those people?

You think I am the problem. I think the problem is the irresponsible drivers who drive at excessive speeds and tailgate who think they own the road and put all of us in danger. Are you one of those people?
If you shape your driving decisions on how you perceive others' level of responsibility, then yes, you are the problem.

In the real world there are individuals that don’t buy into the social contract. They can be actual laws or unwritten cultural norms. We encounter these individuals all the time, vandalism, theft, armed assault, and on the low end of the scale bad driving manners. What my response should be is in proportion to the offense. My role and responsibilities are very narrow since I’m not in the law enforcement business. However, when my life of those of my loved ones are put in imminent danger my response must be offensive in nature.

I reluctantly post this. I don't want to start anything, or have this go off the rails again, and don't want to start any political "conversation". I only do it as I believe this article has more updated info from the first time we "discussed" this.

I'll go on record and say this is one of the most insane laws ever. I don't mean to make light of saving 10,000 lives. How about some kind of cell phone disabling tech? I'd think that would save a bunch of deaths and crashes too. Why don't we make the drunk driving laws tougher, though that won't stop people for driving drunk. If this really goes into effect, I'll be buying my LAST car ever just before every car has it....until the law gets repealed.

And lastly, I love this quote: "99.9 percent accuracy could result in over a million false positives every day". Great. Imagine calling your boss..."I'm going to be late (or not in) because my car thinks I'm drunk". So much for innocent until proven guilty.

Carry on

Last edited:
I reluctantly post this. I don't want to start anything, or have this go off the rails again, and don't want to start any political "conversation". I only do it as I believe this article has more updated info from the first time we "discussed" this.

I'll go on record says this is one of the most insane laws ever. I don't mean to make light of saving 10,000 lives. How about some kind of cell phone disabling tech? I'd think that would save a bunch of deaths and crashes too. Why don't we make the drunk driving laws tougher, though that won't stop people for driving drunk. If this really goes into effect, I'll be buying my LAST car ever just before every car has it....until the law gets repealed.

And lastly, I love this quote: "99.9 percent accuracy could result in over a million false positives every day". Great. Imagine calling your boss..."I'm going to be late (or not in) because my car thinks I'm drunk". So much for innocent until proven guilty.

Carry on
Might be an urban legend, but believe certain mouthwashes can cause erroneously high readings if there's some residual alcohol in your mouth too.

Will definitely mess up some morning commutes, that's for sure.

@Matt27 ...the article actually mentions that. I'm not sure they still do, but in the old days they did and many alcoholics used to drink mouthwash for the alcohol.

I'll go on record and say this is one of the most insane laws ever. I don't mean to make light of saving 10,000 lives. How about some kind of cell phone disabling tech? I'd think that would save a bunch of deaths and crashes too. Why don't we make the drunk driving laws tougher, though that won't stop people for driving drunk. If this really goes into effect, I'll be buying my LAST car ever just before every car has it....until the law gets repealed.

Carry on
There are huge issues with this law and I agree 100% with your concerns. All car enthusiasts should be wary when there are laws like this one.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back