Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jb4 Cabin Cable install Questions

Bigfx

Seasoned Member
Hey everyone

Just wondering how everyone else installed the inside cable for their jb4, I get the quick and dirty method but wanted to just go ahead and do it properly without removing the cowl. Any suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciated.

I poked mine through the boot in the firewall next to the brake pedal. There is spot on the top of the grommet that is a separate circle away from the rest of the wires. Used the harness taped to a piece wire coat hanger method. Took maybe 10mins. Zip tied the Jb4 to the driver side cross brace next to the fuse box.

I poked mine through the boot in the firewall next to the brake pedal. There is spot on the top of the grommet that is a separate circle away from the rest of the wires. Used the harness taped to a piece wire coat hanger method. Took maybe 10mins. Zip tied the Jb4 to the driver side cross brace next to the fuse box.
Any chance you could post a quick pic and thank you

For reference it is to the right and below the master cylinder when facing the car.

Attachments

• PXL_20221106_201810573.jpg
    PXL_20221106_201810573.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • PXL_20221106_201517551.jpg
    PXL_20221106_201517551.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 177
Can't see much from the inside without pulling down the under dash shield, not going to have time to do that today.

Going to add this here as another possible location to mount the JB4 out of the way. Found the cables are long enough, if routed just right, to allow the JB4 to be mounted under the plastic valance panel in front of the airbox, its a perfect fit and is completely out of the way, unseen, unless you know what to look for. Some double sided stick tape and the Bluetooth adapter has a nice non metallic mount point under there as well.

I still need to drop the under dash cover to route the OBD2 data cable. I'm hoping its long enough to reach where I mounted the JB4, it appears it will be, but just.

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

Got the OBD2 data link to the JB4 run through the firewall shown above, took my considerably longer than his 10min however. There was plenty of wire to run to where I have the JB4 mounted in front of the airbox. Even to do so by running the wire along the existing wire harnesses and tying it down along the way. Since I had the under dash cover off, here is a photo of where to poke the passage though.

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop