Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

If I'll be buying two jacks and other accessories, I may as well spring for the longer Quickjack 6000ELX model. I have a 5000 but, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, those are not long enough for the 5BW
Whatever works for you. I don't find it necessary to raise the entire vehicle for the work I do and I find great utility in having two floor jacks for my vehicles. The small footprint for storage and easy maneuverability works for me.

I've read this whole thread and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Has anyone used a jack to lift the entire front of a 5BW? Is there a front-center jacking point? I plan to change my oil this weekend and need a place to put my jack/jackstands. There are so many underbody plates and covers that I cant see a good place to lift from.

Rear seems easy; lift between the diff and the exhaust at the brace where the rear lower control arms are attached.

As soon as I see one on a lift in the shop I'm going to look for something front and center.

I’ve found the 2 piece Race Ramps to be super handy for basic maintenance when I don’t need to pull wheels off. The rear of the ramp is removable to give great access too. They’re a very safe alternative.

That’s said, I installed the lifting points on my 5 and use 2 floor jacks when I need to pull wheels.

I did a 1,500 mile oil change yesterday. Left the filter on (mostly because Amazon sent the wrong one), but I wound up lifting from the rear jacking points to get the front on stands. Not what I prefer, but it worked. I'll likely figure something else out in the future.

CT5 BW on jackstands

I did a 1,500 mile oil change yesterday. Left the filter on (mostly because Amazon sent the wrong one), but I wound up lifting from the rear jacking points to get the front on stands. Not what I prefer, but it worked. I'll likely figure something else out in the future.

CT5 BW on jackstands
Yikes. At the very least, you need some wheel chocks.

I wholeheartedly agree. This was really a trial run while I figure out a more effective process.
For oil changes and other maintenance where you don't need to remove the wheels just drop the coin on a set of these and call it a day. You will be up in the air in 30 seconds.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 1.12.08 PM.png

Totally agree! I’ve had mine since 2016 and use them for every car I have & had and will use for new cars in the future! A great investment if you do routine maintenance yourself. I store them on top of my garage shelves with ease. Safe and reliable including fast to deploy.

Does anyone with Carbon 1 on the CT4 use these and can confirm that they clear?

Does anyone with Carbon 1 on the CT4 use these and can confirm that they clear?
I don't have the carbon but I have used them with a C7 Grandsport, ZL1 and 4BW. If you use the 67" you should clear fine with the 10.8 degree of approach. If you want to confirm, use the approach angle calculator on the bottom page of this url.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 7.24.07 PM.png

To add an option to @raptor5244

I picked up the 56" race ramp package from Speedway with 4 wheel chocks. Clearance is fine both front and easily on the rear.

These are one piece. 2 piece are top tier. For what i need, If I have to work on a particular side of the car where the ramp is in the way I will simply raise the car a bit and rotate the ramp 180 degrees let her back down on the ramp get my work done subsequently, reverse back when finished. I feel totally comfortable under the car with these ramps and the chocks working together.

Order Details

proxy
Race Ramps Rubber Wheel Chocks, Set/4
Part #:
Qty: 1 @ $ 0.00 each​
$ 0.00

proxy
Race Ramps 56 Inch Long Ramps with 4 Rubber Wheel Chocks
Part #:
Qty: 1 @ $ 341.99 each​
$ 341.99

proxy
Race Ramps RR-56 56 Inch Race Ramps
Part #:
$ 0.00

Don't see all your parts?
Additional notifications will be sent as the remainder of your order ships.​
Sub Total:
Shipping:
Sales Tax:

Order Total:
$ 341.99
$ 0.00
$ 23.94

$ 365.93

To add an option to @raptor5244

I picked up the 56" race ramp package from Speedway with 4 wheel chocks. Clearance is fine both front and easily on the rear.

These are one piece. 2 piece are top tier. For what i need, If I have to work on a particular side of the car where the ramp is in the way I will simply raise the car a bit and rotate the ramp 180 degrees let her back down on the ramp get my work done subsequently, reverse back when finished. I feel totally comfortable under the car with these ramps and the chocks working together.

Order Details

proxy
Race Ramps Rubber Wheel Chocks, Set/4
Part #:
$ 0.00

proxy
Race Ramps 56 Inch Long Ramps with 4 Rubber Wheel Chocks
Part #:
Qty: 1 @ $ 341.99 each​
$ 341.99

proxy
Race Ramps RR-56 56 Inch Race Ramps
Part #:
$ 0.00

Don't see all your parts?
Additional notifications will be sent as the remainder of your order ships.​

Sub Total:
Shipping:
Sales Tax:

Order Total:
$ 341.99
$ 0.00
$ 23.94

$ 365.93

Yep, speedway is where I bought mine. Got the bundle with the wheel chocks, which saves a bit.

I bought mine when I had a C7 Grandsport and the 56" would rub a little so I went with the 67", otherwise the 56" are fine for the 4BW and less expensive.

Yep, speedway is where I bought mine. Got the bundle with the wheel chocks, which saves a bit.

I bought mine when I had a C7 Grandsport and the 56" would rub a little so I went with the 67", otherwise the 56" are fine for the 4BW and less expensive.
Just to add an edit, my setup works fine on a 5BW with the CF1 package.

I've read this whole thread and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Has anyone used a jack to lift the entire front of a 5BW? Is there a front-center jacking point? I plan to change my oil this weekend and need a place to put my jack/jackstands. There are so many underbody plates and covers that I cant see a good place to lift from.

Rear seems easy; lift between the diff and the exhaust at the brace where the rear lower control arms are attached.

As soon as I see one on a lift in the shop I'm going to look for something front and center.
For an oil change, I was able to jack the car up pretty high from the front left jackpoint. I threw a jackstand under the car for safety, and was able to reach the plug and filter without any further lifting. I was able to swap the rear diff fluid without any lifting at all, but only before eating dinner (after a big meal would be a different story).

Damn the stock rears are heavy! Anyone have the specs for wheel stud extenders? I have wheel hangers from my old Audi but they won't work here since the Audi had lug bolts. Our wheel nut thread specs are M14 x 1.5?
Hit the gym. My Jeep tires weight 110lbs.

Damn the stock rears are heavy! Anyone have the specs for wheel stud extenders? I have wheel hangers from my old Audi but they won't work here since the Audi had lug bolts. Our wheel nut thread specs are M14 x 1.5?

This might work...
Reverse logic sold their company to someone called Steelman. I got mine in their E-Bay shop. I believe this is it. STEELMAN Stainless Steel Female M14 x 1.5 Hex Wheel Hanger Lug Guide Tool, 61012 99198610122 | eBay

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back