Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

While at Spring Mountain I asked about a safe jacking and support location. They said they lift the C8 by the aluminum subframe in the front and that it would likely be safe to do the same on the CT5 BW. Well, it didn't work for me. Tried to lift in one place, slightly bent. Tried to support from another, slightly bent. Tried the factory holes shown earlier in the thread but I supported a larger area, slightly bent, 😂. I give up. I guess I will either try rennstands or buy longer quickjacks. 🤷

Just turn your QuickJacks 90-degrees and problem solved!

I've got a 7000 TLX? for the 5 BW (still too short so turn it sideways.) To help you next time, just 4 short strips of scotch tape to mark alignment for the ends of the units under the side skirts. Will save you significant time in aligning the units each time.
Turn it sideways? Do you mean that instead of the Quickjacks being left and right, you turn them 90 degrees and use one Quickjack to lift the front of the car, and the other for the rear?

Yup, that's it. Works 100%.fine.

I have a TLX which might be longer? If there is an extension for the SLX, it's not going to allow you enough vertical clearance to see and place your supports under the lift points (I had a standard length unit at first for the V3 and realized it was too short and the extensions too tall...)

Tried sideways before on the CT5 and it's a no go.

Just turn your QuickJacks 90-degrees and problem solved!

I tried that months ago when I first got my car. The frame sideways blocks access to oil drain and filter area.

The -6000ELX frame fits perfectly.

I tried that months ago when I first got my car. The frame sideways blocks access to oil drain and filter area.

Last time I called and spoke to them about just buying the frame, they said I would have to buy the entire setup. Something about the frames not being compatible with my current pump.

Last time I called and spoke to them about just buying the frame, they said I would have to buy the entire setup. Something about the frames not being compatible with my current pump.
I didn’t mean to imply I had just swapped frames. I sold my -5000 and bought a -6000.

Not a problem for me with the 5BW (got another oil change to do this week!)

I just did the break in oil and differential change today. I used two jacks and these from Jackpoint Jackstands. Not shilling for them, but have used them for years and have bought different block pads for different brands. These worked perfect in the pinch welds and as far as I can tell I didn’t bend anything or damage the rockers.

I use the whole setup when changing wheels for the season or track event etc. But, they are too low for doing work under the car so I use the pinch weld block pads to get the car onto Race Ramp wheel cribs when I need more clearance to do oil/diff changes etc.

Again, not shilling for anybody, just showing what has worked for me over the years with difficult to lift cars like we have. FWIW, I have a CT4-V BW. This is the only crappy pic I took, but you get the idea I’m guessing.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpeg
    IMG_0358.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
FYI: Quickjack 6000ELX is on sale at Homedepot: QUICKJACK 6,000 lbs. Capacity Portable Car Lift 5175650 - The Home Depot
However...call quickjack and order from them, seems like they are always willing to give $100 off current sale price of their vendors. First hand experience. Mine is on the way.
UPDATE: DM me please and I will give direct Extension for the guy I went through!

Last edited:
Whoo! I get even more with my military discount! Thanks for the heads up!

I just did the break in oil and differential change today. I used two jacks and these from Jackpoint Jackstands. Not shilling for them, but have used them for years and have bought different block pads for different brands. These worked perfect in the pinch welds and as far as I can tell I didn’t bend anything or damage the rockers.

I use the whole setup when changing wheels for the season or track event etc. But, they are too low for doing work under the car so I use the pinch weld block pads to get the car onto Race Ramp wheel cribs when I need more clearance to do oil/diff changes etc.

Again, not shilling for anybody, just showing what has worked for me over the years with difficult to lift cars like we have. FWIW, I have a CT4-V BW. This is the only crappy pic I took, but you get the idea I’m guessing.
Here's another pic. First time using them. Not gonna lie, It was kinda scary jacking the car up that high even though I got the 2 piece which makes it easier.

Attachments

• PXL_20230813_205606718.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230813_205606718.MP.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 139
$25 for 4 would be more like it. Ill find a chunk of urethane and cut it up....SMH

Yesterday I got to use my new RennStands to change my oil. Jacked up on the ZL1 Addons Stealth lift pads. I have two Arcan low profile aluminum floor jacks and they just barely fit between the jack stand legs (but they do fit). Very happy with how they worked out for the 5BW.

Renn-Stand.jpg

Yesterday I got to use my new RennStands to change my oil. Jacked up on the ZL1 Addons Stealth lift pads. I have two Arcan low profile aluminum floor jacks and they just barely fit between the jack stand legs (but they do fit). Very happy with how they worked out for the 5BW.

Renn-Stand.jpg
So, you didn't use whatever pad you got with the Rennstands to jack it up? Got a closer pic of the pad at the pinch weld?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back