Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

I could not get that quickjack pinch weld block to fit on the rear jacking point of the CT-4 BW. They also make a pinch weld puck, which I will try next.

I don’t think you have to have something sit flat recessed into rear cradle brace because it’s just under 3inch wide flanked by vertical metal sides. My 3inch wide hockey pucks lifted the brace at the outer vertcial sides of the brace just fine. The QJ 4in blocks would do fine as well. You don’t try to use the pinch well channel on the blocks for against the rear cradle brace did you?

Was trying to use the quickjack pinch weld block where the green square is shown, but obviously that didn't work. It also wouldn't fit in any orientation on the rear cradle brace. The quickjack frame ended up supporting the rear cradle brace which worked fine. I think the pinch weld puck would fix the problem, but in the future I could just use the soild blocks or hockey pucks as you did.

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Last edited:
Was trying to use the quickjack pinch weld block where the green square is shown, but obviously that didn't work. It also wouldn't fit in any orientation on the rear cradle brace. The quickjack frame ended up supporting the rear cradle brace which worked fine. I think the pinch weld puck would fix the problem, but in the future I could just use the soild blocks or hockey pucks as you did.

View attachment 18167

View attachment 18176
Ah I see what you were trying to do. I agree, solid blocks or hockey pucks would work well for that rear cradle brace.

There is no way, I would trust that.....Just, my opine...^^^^

I'm not crawling under that. Just my opine. It's not a lift...Or race ramps. When it goes wrong? I hope it does not!!!! For me, no thank you.

Maintenance schedule on this item? I'm sure the caveats are there from the manufacture in small print. Maybe, fine print.

I've had everything on these. My Tundra is regularly on them for work, the BW, several of my friends cars. I fully trust these!!! As long as you're on the proper lift points they are solid. You can try to rock the car while its up, it doesn't budge. We've done trans swaps, lift kits, lowering springs, exhaust work, you name it. All the way to their original intent, detailing the car without killing my back. These are the EXT
20230321_185058.jpg
7000's

I'm too old and out of shape to be laying on my back to do under carriage work. I need a full lift. My wife bought me a really nice creeper a few years back and its still in the box. I will probably just give it my brother to use at his auto body shop for one of the guys. I have to sit on the chair with wheels just to clean my wheels.
"youth is wasted on the young ".

I'm not crawling under that. Just my opine. It's not a lift...Or race ramps. When it goes wrong? I hope it does not!!!! For me, no thank you.
QuickJacks are made by BendPak. Perhaps you have heard of them? It has mechanical up locks. Once it’s set, no way it’s coming down.

PTU uses ATF like most hydraulic lifts. MX is easy and simple.

I have had 20+ vehicles up on my sets. Everything from Civics to Diesel JL Rubicons.

There is a cross-tie brace that connects the two frames. It would be quite the challenge to push it over.

After reading this whole thread and struggling to find a shop that was available, I decided to just go ahead and DIY it in my garage. Like every other car I’ve worked on I used a hydraulic jack and a screw one for extra safety. All lifting was done on the pinch welds. Changed my tires back to stockers and put my winters away for the year :)

So I don’t think you need anything special at least for this type of job. YMMV but it went pretty well for me.
F0C6E201-9BC4-4411-B6A5-1EE50ED1F0B7.jpeg

Last edited:
After reading this whole thread and struggling to find a shop that was available, I decided to just go ahead and DIY it in my garage. Like every other car I’ve worked on I used a hydraulic jack and a screw one for extra safety. All lifting was done on the pinch welds. Changed my tires back to stockers and put my winters away for the year :)

So I don’t think you need anything special at least for this type of job. YMMV but it went pretty well for me. View attachment 18236
Black roof looks sweet on white!

So I don’t think you need anything special at least for this type of job. YMMV but it went pretty well for me. View attachment 18236
Thing is hot! I have all black on black and more black on inside.....I don't even like black!

I've read this whole thread and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Has anyone used a jack to lift the entire front of a 5BW? Is there a front-center jacking point? I plan to change my oil this weekend and need a place to put my jack/jackstands. There are so many underbody plates and covers that I cant see a good place to lift from.

Rear seems easy; lift between the diff and the exhaust at the brace where the rear lower control arms are attached.

As soon as I see one on a lift in the shop I'm going to look for something front and center.

Has anyone used a jack to lift the entire front of a 5BW?
I use two low profile floor jacks with the ZL1 Addons Stealth jack pads. I put jack stands under the vehicle as a safety measure, but not to support the weight.

Floor jacks are:

Arcan 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack with Dual Pump Pistons & Reinforced Lifting Arm (A20018)

Has anyone used a jack to lift the entire front of a 5BW? Is there a front-center jacking point? I plan to change my oil this weekend and need a place to put my jack/jackstands. There are so many underbody plates and covers that I cant see a good place to lift from.

Rear seems easy; lift between the diff and the exhaust at the brace where the rear lower control arms are attached.

As soon as I see one on a lift in the shop I'm going to look for something front and center.
Post #68 in this very thread....

Post #68 in this very thread....

Unfortunately that block shown in the post doesn't exist on the 5BW. I looked under a number of 5's at the dealership (Lux, Sport, V) and they all have the front-center lifting point, BUT the 5BW has an aluminum(?) plate covering that entire area so there is no exposed lifting point. One of the above photos of a 5BW on a lift illustrates this. I have circled where the lifting point is on CT5's other than Blackwings.

InkedIMG_2514.jpg

I use two low profile floor jacks with the ZL1 Addons Stealth jack pads. I put jack stands under the vehicle as a safety measure, but not to support the weight.

Floor jacks are:

Arcan 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack with Dual Pump Pistons & Reinforced Lifting Arm (A20018)

If I'll be buying two jacks and other accessories, I may as well spring for the longer Quickjack 6000ELX model. I have a 5000 but, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, those are not long enough for the 5BW.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners