Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

Thanks I finally got through using the sales line...I basically wanted to figure out what fit best with this car. Mine has CF side skirts and I was concerned that the stealth version would not have enough clearance up front. Considering the magpuck as well but wasn't sure about the 2" vs 3" version. I am thinking these are worth it over the rubber versions.
Check my post on installation on my 5 post#117 and rubber will at one point be forgotten and dropped down the road before you remember you didn't remove them.
If I were to do it again, I probably would have gotten the red pads for a little bit more visibility either for these old eyes or to catch some tech's attention if they needed to put it on the lift.

Check my post on installation on my 5 post#117 and rubber will at one point be forgotten and dropped down the road before you remember you didn't remove them.
If I were to do it again, I probably would have gotten the red pads for a little bit more visibility either for these old eyes or to catch some tech's attention if they needed to put it on the lift.
Is there a difference between the stealth bolt on pads and the regular bolt ons? Guy on the phone said stealth pads were made in the US.

Thanks I finally got through using the sales line...I basically wanted to figure out what fit best with this car. Mine has CF side skirts and I was concerned that the stealth version would not have enough clearance up front. Considering the magpuck as well but wasn't sure about the 2" vs 3" version. I am thinking these are worth it over the rubber versions.
Can I ask you which ones work with the CF side skirts, and do you have the link? Thanks

Can I ask you which ones work with the CF side skirts, and do you have the link? Thanks
The guy on the phone could not confirm but folks on here seen to have fitted the stealth version with no issues (with CF side skirts), although one poster said there was interference. Link for stealth bolt ons...

The guy on the phone could not confirm but folks on here seen to have fitted the stealth version with no issues (with CF side skirts), although one poster said there was interference. Link for stealth bolt ons...
Thank you!

Is there a difference between the stealth bolt on pads and the regular bolt ons? Guy on the phone said stealth pads were made in the US.
I haven't had them side by side but it looks to be the stealth is a bit narrower at pinchweld, that may preclude any trimming. I trimmed my side skirt and to get full pad engagement, it was pressing against it. Wasn't enough to deform or distort but felt better to have clearance.

I have the stealth pads in red and as I noted earlier in this thread they don't go on properly because the plastic on the back side of the weld gets in the way. I'm not willing to cut up my car to make them fit and the service manual shows you aren't supposed to lift by the welds anyway.

I have the stealth pads in red and as I noted earlier in this thread they don't go on properly because the plastic on the back side of the weld gets in the way. I'm not willing to cut up my car to make them fit and the service manual shows you aren't supposed to lift by the welds anyway.

I came to the same conclusion. And despite sending ZL1addons video/photos of the issues with fitment, they denied any problem with the product. They did take it back for a refund.

I came to the same conclusion. And despite sending ZL1addons video/photos of the issues with fitment, they denied any problem with the product. They did take it back for a refund.
Yes when I spoke to the guy there at ZL1 Add ons he left it upto me to try it.

You make your choices and live with them. To think that a pinchweld that brings together multiple panels either bonded or welded together isn't strong enough with proper adapter as opposed to a stamping with no reinforcement and used to track chassis along an assembly line. Good luck with that. :boogie

You make your choices and live with them. To think that a pinchweld that brings together multiple panels either bonded or welded together isn't strong enough with proper adapter as opposed to a stamping with no reinforcement and used to track chassis along an assembly line. Good luck with that. :boogie
I don’t think the issue is the strength of the pinch welds. Of course they are strong enough. But I can’t tell you how many times I have heard about and seen bent welds and damaged lower fascia because the ‘wrong’ adapter was used, or the correct adapter was installed wrong.

I loved my Zl1addons lift points on my Camaro and used them countless times. The ones for the Blackwing are nowhere close to the same level of fitment.

I don’t think the issue is the strength of the pinch welds. Of course they are strong enough. But I can’t tell you how many times I have heard about and seen bent welds and damaged lower fascia because the ‘wrong’ adapter was used, or the correct adapter was installed wrong.

I loved my Zl1addons lift points on my Camaro and used them countless times. The ones for the Blackwing are nowhere close to the same level of fitment.
All the more reason to take it opon yourself to address it before some careless underpaid overworked "tech" pancakes it or buckles a floorpan. I don't have stealth pads but set I mounted gives me piece of mind that it won't be me. Trimming that little piece of plastic for clearance seemed the cleaner way to go. Does not bother me one iota.

All the more reason to take it opon yourself to address it before some careless underpaid overworked "tech" pancakes it or buckles a floorpan. I don't have stealth pads but set I mounted gives me piece of mind that it won't be me. Trimming that little piece of plastic for clearance seemed the cleaner way to go. Does not bother me one iota.
Dealer doesn't lift with the welds.

1679507048848.png

Ever since the dawn of pinch welds, cars that had spares had jacking instructions to place the jack there. I don't see what the fuss is. Just use the right adapter, if needed.

Ever since the dawn of pinch welds, cars that had spares had jacking instructions to place the jack there. I don't see what the fuss is. Just use the right adapter, if needed.
Blackwing has no spare. And pinchweld is not very accessible. Need to check my own 2023 manual but the 2022 version I found online does not include any jacking instructions at all. Presumably because there is no spare.

Blackwing has no spare. And pinchweld is not very accessible. Need to check my own 2023 manual but the 2022 version I found online does not include any jacking instructions at all. Presumably because there is no spare.
Yes, I know there is no spare. I was referring to the time where there were spares/jacks.

Yes, I know there is no spare. I was referring to the time where there were spares/jacks.
So, not for nothing, what was the point of your post? There is no adaptor - that‘s the whole darn point!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back