Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

Mbar

Seasoned Member
As a former 6gen Camaro, I thought it would be simple to jack up my 4BW. It seems I was wrong. The pinch weld area is very narrow and plastic moldings are in the way. I tried to lift the car with both floor jack and a 2 post lift. It’s not an easy task…
I purchased the ZL1 Addon (Camaro) jack pads…they do not fit…
I finally came up with an interesting idea. Not the best, but so far the most ideal- I used the yellow spring spacers that came with the car. See pics below. Also a generic BMW rectangular jack pad seems to fit in the front hole.
Your thoughts and experience are appreciated.

Attachments

• EC34C9CC-A5DB-451D-BAD9-2FA8FB03FE74.jpeg
    EC34C9CC-A5DB-451D-BAD9-2FA8FB03FE74.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 635
  • E7EDB6B6-1A30-4B4D-8895-413B735688F7.jpeg
    E7EDB6B6-1A30-4B4D-8895-413B735688F7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 601
  • B65D5744-CE86-48B0-A35B-ADCB452090E5.jpeg
    B65D5744-CE86-48B0-A35B-ADCB452090E5.jpeg
    939.5 KB · Views: 898
  • F9F680A2-9EFA-442C-A07C-51CCC5C6006C.jpeg
    F9F680A2-9EFA-442C-A07C-51CCC5C6006C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 897
This is the BMW pad that can fit (not perfect) to the holes in the front and rear

Attachments

• BMW.png
    BMW.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 283
As a former 6gen Camaro, I thought it would be simple to jack up my 4BW. It seems I was wrong. The pinch weld area is very narrow and plastic moldings are in the way. I tried to lift the car with both floor jack and a 2 post lift. It’s not an easy task…
I finally came up with an interesting idea. Not the best, but so far the most ideal- I used the yellow spring spacers that came with the car. See pics below. Also a generic BMW rectangular jack pad seems to fit in the front hole.
I don't have a car or owners manual yet. What does the owners manual tell you to do?
With my ZL1 I used what strohw posted and they worked well.

I was always told pinch welds only.

That front part of the car you highlighted is not a good place to jack it. My dealer lifted it from the during the PDI and warped the rockers and also scraped up that front area real bad to where I have to have the body shop refit the rockers and also repaint over the that front portion of the underbody as it will corrode if left all scraped up.

Here’s a pic of the underbody of my car for example.

Attachments

• 4EF2E292-82EF-475E-A483-2C8140E477BE.jpeg
    4EF2E292-82EF-475E-A483-2C8140E477BE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 292
Here is a link to my previous post with the jacking locations from the service manual,

Here is a link to my previous post with the jacking locations from the service manual,
Thanks for the link. If I read it correctly, it’s basically the pinch weld cutouts ( for sure in the front). These lift points are close to impossible to use, and a matter of time until we’ll break some plastics.

Its not the pinch cutout exactly, its behind the pinch flange. So I use a 2x2 block of wood and lay it against the pinch flange on the inside towards center of car. On rear you just lay across the two vertical walls of the diagonal brace. I use a 2x4 block of wood, lay it across and jack under one of the flanges. I then use jack stands on the rear forward craddle bushing cups and on the front I lay a hard wood piece under those holes you showed and lay car down on jack stands. Those holes are where the lansing plant carrier moves the car through the plant.

Its not the pinch cutout exactly, its behind the pinch flange. So I use a 2x2 block of wood and lay it against the pinch flange on the inside towards center of car. On rear you just lay across the two vertical walls of the diagonal brace. I use a 2x4 block of wood, lay it across and jack under one of the flanges. I then use jack stands on the rear forward craddle bushing cups and on the front I lay a hard wood piece under those holes you showed and lay car down on jack stands. Those holes are where the lansing plant carrier moves the car through the plant.
So if I'm using a floor jack, should I not use the pinch area + jack pads? Trying to get things straightened away for when I have to put my winters on...

So if I'm using a floor jack, should I not use the pinch area + jack pads? Trying to get things straightened away for when I have to put my winters on...
On my 5BW (I bet the 4 is similar) I jack the car up from the front pinch weld area using these blocks over the pinch weld. The car is so stiff, it will lift both tires off the ground and will make wheel changes pretty easy.

On my 5BW (I bet the 4 is similar) I jack the car up from the front pinch weld area using these blocks over the pinch weld. The car is so stiff, it will lift both tires off the ground and will make wheel changes pretty easy.

Great idea but...$85 for a piece of urethane? :oops:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners