Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

So, you didn't use whatever pad you got with the Rennstands to jack it up? Got a closer pic of the pad at the pinch weld?
Here is the close up. Like I said I used the ZL1 Addons pinch weld adapter. For the RennStand I use the Universal jack pad. These two work very nicely together.

Renn-Stand-2-Closeup.jpg

View attachment 19585

I bought a QuickJack TLX 5000 during the Memorial Day sale. Finally got it set up and did the first test lift on my 4. I bought the 1.5 inch blocks separately just in case. I lifted via the front pinch weld with a 3 inch block on top of the 1.5 inch block and lifted by the rear brace jack point also with a 3 inch block and 1.5 inch block. I made sure that the blocks would be centered before fully lifting. Since the car has a front rake, I will likely use the 2 inch block on top of the 1.5 inch for the rear points next time so it’s level.

I also bought the puck with the cutout but it’s too big to be used for the front and will get caught on the side skirt and likely destroy it. It will fit fine on the rear, however.

The longest part of this is getting everything lined up properly. Though it’ll go quicker the more and more I do it. So far, so good.

You don’t need specific pucks or anything since the dense rubber blocks will work just fine. It’s no different than using a jackstand. If anything, this is safer and less damaging to the pinch welds because it’s being supported by dense rubber rather than the bare metal of jackstand heads. In addition, the blocks are supporting a larger surface area whereas a jackstand only supports a very small area.

I have a 5000SLX.

I have a sneaking suspicion my QJ won't work as the lift point spread isn't long enough. It worked fine for my previous 718 cayman S but the wheelbase on the 4v is a bit longer. Aside from just shoving the QJ under there and seeing if the lift points work, no way to confirm yet.

Might have to sell it and "upgrade".

Here is the close up. Like I said I used the ZL1 Addons pinch weld adapter. For the RennStand I use the Universal jack pad. These two work very nicely together.

Renn-Stand-2-Closeup.jpg
I see now, how you married the two. I wasn't thinking about the ZL1 clamp on adapter in my head. The stands look like they work well, which I thought they would.

I have a 5000SLX.

I have a sneaking suspicion my QJ won't work as the lift point spread isn't long enough. It worked fine for my previous 718 cayman S but the wheelbase on the 4v is a bit longer. Aside from just shoving the QJ under there and seeing if the lift points work, no way to confirm yet.

Might have to sell it and "upgrade".
They line up
QJCad.png

The pinch weld adapters are great but for oil changes I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of 67" Race Ramps. Expensive but these things are awesome as save a bunch of time getting the car in the air. They are also very light and easy to store.

View attachment 13897
I have one of the special edition Road Atlanta IMSA editions with the side skirts, big chin spoiler and trunk spoiler. Based on measurements on the Race Ramps site, the only ramp that will work in my car costs over $1700! What a bummer. Side skirts impede the use of jacks and pinch weld. Don

I have one of the special edition Road Atlanta IMSA editions with the side skirts, big chin spoiler and trunk spoiler. Based on measurements on the Race Ramps site, the only ramp that will work in my car costs over $1700! What a bummer. Side skirts impede the use of jacks and pinch weld. Don
Can't you just drive up on blocks of wood so the car's a little higher for the jack?

Can't you just drive up on blocks of wood so the car's a little higher for the jack?
Not sure, just doing some research. If I could jack the car up, I'd put the wheels on a screwed and glued 3 some of 2X10 wood. I have no desire to have a car fall on me. Don

I used to drive my C7 GrandSport and ZL1 up on a pair of 67" Race Ramps. I find it hard to believe you are lower than that.

I used to drive my C7 GrandSport and ZL1 up on a pair of 67" Race Ramps. I find it hard to believe you are lower than that.
I don't know that it's lower it's just that it has a rather prominent chin spoiler. I'll call Race Ramps tomorrow and hopefully they know about this Blackwing variant. Don

I don't know that it's lower it's just that it has a rather prominent chin spoiler. I'll call Race Ramps tomorrow and hopefully they know about this Blackwing variant. Don
No need to call, just find the measure guide on their site. They have a real hand guide on how to determine if their different ramps will work with the ground clearance of your car.

No need to call, just find the measure guide on their site. They have a real hand guide on how to determine if their different ramps will work with the ground clearance of your car.
I've done that, perhaps I was more negative than I should be. The problem is that the chin spoiler is not only low and large but the point is significantly farther forward than when measured from the tire. Can't hurt to ask. Don

With all due respect, the carbon fiber packages on the Track Edition variants are no different than the carbon fiber packages on the non Track Edition variants if they are equipped with them.

I've done that, perhaps I was more negative than I should be. The problem is that the chin spoiler is not only low and large but the point is significantly farther forward than when measured from the tire. Can't hurt to ask. Don
The apex of the front splitter shouldn’t matter, only the distance over the tires.

The apex of the front splitter shouldn’t matter, only the distance over the tires.
That makes no sense. Of course the distance from the front tire to the apex of the splitter matters as well as the height of the splitter off the ground and the geometry of the ramp. I’m not saying his splitter is any different, just stating basic geometry considerations.

With all due respect, the carbon fiber packages on the Track Edition variants are no different than the carbon fiber packages on the non Track Edition variants if they are equipped with them.
Sure but the "basic" CTV-4 Blackwing doesn't have the spoiler, it's an option, correct? Don

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back