Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is this just Cadillac quality or do I have bad luck

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
I’ll preface this by saying I LOVE my car and have very few regrets about buying it. But damn. I'm at 16 months of ownership and 28k miles.

2,550 Miles: Left hand strut and strut mount replaced after being brought in for noise. Dealer notes state "verified concern coming from left front strut binding on strut mount.”

12,190 Miles: Right hand strut and strut mount replaced after being brought in for noise. Dealer notes state "right front strut and strut mount binding" issue before replacement.

13,100 Miles: Car glitched out entirely while driving, went into limp mode while on highway. Dangerous situation. Was able to exit and get to a parking lot where I turned car off and back on, "fixed" the issue but CEL stayed lit. Dealership replaced the MAP sensor. Problem never recurred.

14,150 Miles: Brought to dealership for excessive rattling specific to RPM. Foreman said it was going to be the exhaust valves. Ultimately they said it was turbo wastegate issue. Replaced entire left side turbo, noise was slightly better but quickly came back and is worse than ever at this point.

22,500 Miles: Dealership recommended replacement of front rotors and pads, verified by two outside mechanics and replaced by an outside mechanic with GiroDisc rotors at 27k miles.

26,750 Miles: Brought to dealership for buzzing noise under acceleration, it's been occurring almost the whole time I've had the car. Dealership stated they heard it and it was due to a faulty amp, they replaced the amp at 28k miles as it took a while for it to come in.

28,000 Miles: Got the amp replaced for above issue, noise was still 100% present and dealership now states it's the high pressure fuel pump and it's normal. So I got my amp replaced for no reason.

28,100 Miles: After getting the car back my battery died two days in a row, had to jump start the car. Dealership says the battery was shot and they replaced it.

28,250 Miles (Today): Discovered the drivers side massaging seat and bolster adjustments no longer work.

Last edited:
I’ve got a clunk clunk on my right rear suspension someplace. It’s very noticeable on the slow speed bumps and manhole covers, I’m taking it in Thursday to get it looked at. Sounds like the right rear strut mount is loose or something

Geeze Seth, you've really been through the wringer. Hope things get better for you. Don

I’ll preface this by saying I LOVE my car and have very few regrets about buying it. But damn. I'm at 16 months of ownership and 28k miles.

2,550 Miles: Left hand strut and strut mount replaced after being brought in for noise. Dealer notes state "verified concern coming from left front strut binding on strut mount.”

12,190 Miles: Right hand strut and strut mount replaced after being brought in for noise. Dealer notes state "right front strut and strut mount binding" issue before replacement.

13,100 Miles: Car glitched out entirely while driving, went into limp mode while on highway. Dangerous situation. Was able to exit and get to a parking lot where I turned car off and back on, "fixed" the issue but CEL stayed lit. Dealership replaced the MAP sensor. Problem never recurred.

14,150 Miles: Brought to dealership for excessive rattling specific to RPM. Foreman said it was going to be the exhaust valves. Ultimately they said it was turbo wastegate issue. Replaced entire left side turbo, noise was slightly better but quickly came back and is worse than ever at this point.

22,500 Miles: Dealership recommended replacement of front rotors and pads, verified by two outside mechanics and replaced by an outside mechanic with GiroDisc rotors at 27k miles.

26,750 Miles: Brought to dealership for buzzing noise under acceleration, it's been occurring almost the whole time I've had the car. Dealership stated they heard it and it was due to a faulty amp, they replaced the amp at 28k miles as it took a while for it to come in.

28,000 Miles: Got the amp replaced for above issue, noise was still 100% present and dealership now states it's the high pressure fuel pump and it's normal. So I got my amp replaced for no reason.

28,100 Miles: After getting the car back my battery died two days in a row, had to jump start the car. Dealership says the battery was shot and they replaced it.

28,250 Miles (Today): Discovered the drivers side massaging seat and bolster adjustments no longer work.
Unfortunately, it sounds like bad luck Seth.

Unfortunately, it sounds like bad luck Seth.
Changing the subject a bit, I have the same 4BW, identical if you also have the 10 speed automatic. Hope both of ours live long and problem free lives. Don

Ouch - hope its just a series of bad glitches and they can be fixed or go away....not good...

Changing the subject a bit, I have the same 4BW, identical if you also have the 10 speed automatic. Hope both of ours live long and problem free lives. Don
I do. 🤞🏼

28,000 has to be one of the higher mileage ct4's out there so who knows, maybe this isnt just bad luck...

28,000 has to be one of the higher mileage ct4's out there so who knows, maybe this isnt just bad luck...
Say it ain't so....at least Car and Driver - who put 40K on in a year or two inly pretty much had problems with Turkey Vultures...

I am 46-381, which is only 23 M6 builds before yours. My car has been ok but only has 4300 miles, so time will tell.

Damn Seth, I hope things get better for you sir! Before I traded my 4BW with 15K miles I had 0 issues with it and I thrashed it like a rented mule.....

Damn Seth, I hope things get better for you sir! Before I traded my 4BW with 15K miles I had 0 issues with it and I thrashed it like a rented mule.....

Yeah. Idk, I'd be surprised if they somehow purposely put all the "bad parts" on one car... LOL. I just hope all the gremlins get worked out before warranty ends.

Yeah. Idk, I'd be surprised if they somehow purposely put all the "bad parts" on one car... LOL. I just hope all the gremlins get worked out before warranty ends.
You could use my wife's philosophy, the vehicle is about to go out of warranty so we better get another one........ IMHO I think the BW's will be around for a few more years....... I sure hope Cadillac didn't save all the "bad" parts and put them on you car!

The wastegate rattle should have been totally fixed before they started making these cars. Blows my mind it’s still happening. I had it bad on my ATS V and it happens at low rpms on my BW. It’s so annoying.

Sorry to hear that Seth.

Trade-in before warranty is up sounds like a sound strategy on this one...........

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back