Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is this a "leave well-enough alone" situation?

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
New car had a broken clip on dashboard panel and was replaced but still doesn't sit flush. Driver's side is shown for comparison.

20240421_114220.jpg

Attachments

• 20240427_092539.jpg
    20240427_092539.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240427_092559.jpg
    20240427_092559.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 33
Ouch. Sorry to hear it !! Should be an easy fix though........

The problem is that, that is the fix! If the dealer can't fix it, do I ask that they escalate it to the regional rep?

I'm not sure if the solution is replacing the entire dash.

Unacceptable! Looks like all they did was try to push it into place, rather than take it apart and properly reinstall.

This is shameful…what dealer much less a premium brand dealer would return the car like this? It is bad enough it left factory like this.

They gotta fix that. Not acceptable in such an expensive luxury vehicle

Should have bought a Porsche this type of thing never would happen!
My brother has had his 2022 911 cabriolet at the Porsche dealer since November. None of the cameras are working. Took them many tries to determine a specific part was broken. An owner in Atlanta had the same problem and replacing a specific part fixed the problem. However getting Porsche to produce the part and send to the US for a warranty repair has been challenging to say the least. It is still being produced for new cars, they just have delayed making his. They said it is being produced very soon and should be shipped within the week I believe. So far his dealer has billed Porsche at least $40k for the loaner car. After it gets fixed Porsche will have to come to a settlement on the loss of use of his car, payment on insurance and the like.

He opted not to go with the lemon law because he really likes the car. It is his dream car and was a custom order and he'd get another one optioned the same. The problem is he would get in the back of the line at his dealer and have to pay 2 year newer pricing. Kind of ridiculous that Porsche has had his car at the dealer for almost 6 months already all because they have been seriously delayed in producing the part. Once it arrives it will take the dealer 2 weeks to pull the car apart and replace. That would make me uncomfortable having the dealer tear it apart and trust their technicians. However he isn't very happy about the situation and I have decided not to share that little nugget with him.

I have posted before about my brothers Mercedes Benz 2024 S-580. Its a very high end 4dr sedan. He had it delivered in early December 23' and it has been to the dealership 6 times already. It has spent more time in the dealership than his garage. This last time, the car had been to the dealer for a safety recall. While there, they did some minor electrical work. A few days later his car won't start.....back to the dealer. They discovered that the last service tech did not put a ground wire wire back correctly and it was shorting out the ignition. My brother is just happy that they were able to diagnose the issue and get it fixed. He is one more dealership visit away from getting a "buy back" on the car.

My brother has had his 2022 911 cabriolet at the Porsche dealer since November. None of the cameras are working. Took them many tries to determine a specific part was broken. An owner in Atlanta had the same problem and replacing a specific part fixed the problem. However getting Porsche to produce the part and send to the US for a warranty repair has been challenging to say the least. It is still being produced for new cars, they just have delayed making his. They said it is being produced very soon and should be shipped within the week I believe. So far his dealer has billed Porsche at least $40k for the loaner car. After it gets fixed Porsche will have to come to a settlement on the loss of use of his car, payment on insurance and the like.

He opted not to go with the lemon law because he really likes the car. It is his dream car and was a custom order and he'd get another one optioned the same. The problem is he would get in the back of the line at his dealer and have to pay 2 year newer pricing. Kind of ridiculous that Porsche has had his car at the dealer for almost 6 months already all because they have been seriously delayed in producing the part. Once it arrives it will take the dealer 2 weeks to pull the car apart and replace. That would make me uncomfortable having the dealer tear it apart and trust their technicians. However he isn't very happy about the situation and I have decided not to share that little nugget with him.
I was just being a facetious punk! I am not surprised by the story most people think Porches,Audi,MB,BMW and the likes seemingly treat the customer differently..lol yeah, OK might dress nicer and talk more professional but they are all the same and some come with HEFTY,HEFTY price tags on everything because the "Consumer" thinks they have something speacial.......lol

My Mercedes Benz experience: more courteous, smiling faces, more lube, but I'm still bending over when all is said and done. But better than the rough treatment I get from GM dealers.

My Mercedes Benz experience: more courteous, smiling faces, more lube, but I'm still bending over when all is said and done. But better than the rough treatment I get from GM dealers.
The Germans have always been known to very courteous when they are invading or killing you ! LOL !

That is absolutely not acceptable. If the dealer can't fix it, they need to contact Cadillac and make it right.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back