Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V For those with Tapout Tuning Dive Planes...

Cadillac CT4-V model
I don't understand the question. I don't see how you can install them without the bumper off. I have an extensive number of posts in the Carbon fiber thread. You can start around here and skim forward for the detailed photos for my installs, OEM bumper and then modified original bumper Carbon fiber PN database.

I don't understand the question. I don't see how you can install them without the bumper off. I have an extensive number of posts in the Carbon fiber thread. You can start around here and skim forward for the detailed photos for my installs, OEM bumper and then modified original bumper Carbon fiber PN database.

Whoops - yep... It's corny but I hadn't had cofee yet when I posted that. I've edited my post.

Tapout said they've installed multiple sets with the bumper on the car. I'm with you, and largely because of your posts, I assumed you had to remove bumper to install.

So that post (now edited) is me asking for anyone who found a way to install them without removing the bumper. In theory, it could change the alignment of the dive plane mounting holes.

But I just can't see a way to get the access you'd need to install clips.

You could install with the bumper cover on if the cover already had the slots cut, you need to raise the the car remove the wheel and partially remove the inner fender well. I found the slots in the factory carbon fiber cover had to be very slightly increased in size. I had to remove my bumper cover because I had to cut the slots. I used the cover i ordered to test fit. I then knew the slots needed to be larger, but only a little.

Checking back in here to close the loop on this. Thought it was a bumpy ride, Tapout worked with me throughout to finally get my car buttoned back up. To recap:

1. First set of dive planes was dremeled on so much that the tabs were wafer thin and snapped with minimal effort
  2. Second set was much, much better in terms of tab thickness (untouched by dremel), but the alignment of the tabs was so bad that I was only able to mount the passenger side, and even then I had to use zip ties rather than the clips on 2/5 tabs. The driver's side was so misaligned that a tab snapped while attempting install, even though they hadn't been dremeled like the first set.
  3. Tapout replaced only the driver side dive plane, and once again the tabs were full thickness but alignment seemed way off.

At this point, my bumper had been off for weeks and I had zero patience left for another round, so I took a file to the slots in my OEM bumper and dive plane brackets. I basically ended up enlarging each slot (by as much as an 8th of an inch in some cases) to get an acceptable fitment. There's still a noticeable gap near the top of each piece but at this point I'm going to live it with it.

Somewhere in the blur that was december and january and waiting for dive planes, I also installed Tapout's wing, which was a breeze and looks great.

So in summary, if you're set on adding dive planes, either go OEM or be prepared to mod your bumper accordingly. Tapout was very patient throughout this process, and a great partner - i'll work with them again.

PXL_20240115_220301581-EDIT.jpg

Forgot to add, if you're interested in my leftovers from this project (one set with a few broken tabs and a spare driver side with one broken tab), let me know.

Someone with more time than me could probably repair them or otherwise make them work. It'd be good to recoup a few bucks from this process since it was so time and labor intensive, but I'll let them go for a good deal.

Forgot to add, if you're interested in my leftovers from this project (one set with a few broken tabs and a spare driver side with one broken tab), let me know.

Someone with more time than me could probably repair them or otherwise make them work. It'd be good to recoup a few bucks from this process since it was so time and labor intensive, but I'll let them go for a good deal.

For sale post here:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners