Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is the FULL semi-aniline interior worth it?

jadis192

Coming close to placing an order for a 5BW, wondering what the consensus is out there. I don't care much for the suede headliner or the carbon fiber seat backs, wondering if the leather itself or door panels or anything is upgraded? Or just the whole seat? Is the leather itself worth it? Thanks

Coming close to placing an order for a 5BW, wondering what the consensus is out there. I don't care much for the suede headliner or the carbon fiber seat backs, wondering if the leather itself or door panels or anything is upgraded? Or just the whole seat? Is the leather itself worth it? Thanks
Yes.

More then likely the carbon seats won't be available but you can do a carbon delete so you can still get the semi aniline at a reduced price.

I have the upgraded seats (not semi) and they're comfy, I didn't notice a big difference in comfort or materials sitting in a semi aniline seat, however it is the only way to get the natural interior (which I wish I had) so if your just going for black or grey (which looks like white) with a carbon delete I'd say no but it's also not that much more after the delete so...

I don't think theres a wrong choice here for upgraded seats vs semi aniline carbon delete.

If it fits your budget, YES! The Blackwing interior isn't cutting edge, so I'd dress it up as much as possible if I were you to make it more tolerable (I have this option with carbon fiber seats and wouldn't be happy with less in this case.) I'm hoping the interior update is significant regardless of cost.

I did not get semi-analine as the carbon delete was not an option when I ordered, and CF seat backs were on constraint.

If the CF delete was available I would have done it without question.
That said... I'm perfectly happy with my midlevel interior as well. Quite frankly, I think the mid level sky cool grey looks better than top level

Thank you for all the replies. I'll look into the CF delete, wondering how much it takes off. I presume a few thousand. I can't see it on the options when building but I know it can be done.

The CF seats are badass and do a lot for the rather bland interior. If you have the $$$ it’s worth it. Makes me smile every time I see them and it’s hard to put a $ figure on that. I find them to be very comfortable, your results may vary depending on your body type.

Last edited:
I know of (2) 2024 CT5-V Blackwings built with carbon backed seats, so it seems at least some will be able to get them. Agree with Rubberduck, if you got the $, they are a no brainer. But the SA leather is a big improvement over the mid grade, so even if you do the delete, they are more than worth it.

Recently, I've stepped up my efforts to see different 5BW combinations. For me, I've concluded that since I do not want the exterior CF1 / CF2 package, I would pocket the savings and do CF seatback delete.
Regarding seat shape, the mid-level and semi-aniline seem to be identical (my experience thus far).

The SA is a much nicer material, as it should be. It feels much richer, softer. For me, they are much more comfortable than the mid tier seats. I'd get them, and if possible, with the CF backs. I believe, down the road, SA with CF backs will be considered a "rare" option.

I'm just going to leave this here.
IMG_3426.JPG

30FA9B21-650B-4082-8E27-31046D934F1E.JPG

Last edited:
The SA is a much nicer material, as it should be. It feels much richer, softer. For me, they are much more comfortable than the mid tier seats. I'd get them, and if possible, with the CF backs. I believe, down the road, SA with CF backs will be considered a "rare" option.
1000%!

As I have spouted numerous times in last 6 months...Your not going to be buying these cars in 2025? Now look at the situation it's getting worse for anybody waiting for an allocation imo? 1 week down in an auto plant with J-I-T parts means weeks lost in production. This strike will continue for multiple weeks easy...

As I have spouted numerous times in last 6 months...Your not going to be buying these cars in 2025? Now look at the situation it's getting worse for anybody waiting for an allocation imo? 1 week down in an auto plant with J-I-T parts means weeks lost in production. This strike will continue for multiple weeks easy...
On the flip side, perhaps the suppliers for things like CF can catch up a little (they shouldn't be on strike, but who really knows how this affects their workflow).

On the flip side, perhaps the suppliers for things like CF can catch up a little (they shouldn't be on strike, but who really knows how this affects their workflow).
In the olden days probably more that way. Now as J-I-T orders come in with routable containers, shipping along with PO's being cut for what's needed to meet production? J-I-T is always just one groin scratch away from no parts, no shipping, no billing, now work etc. and it snowballs across the industry in very quick fashion.

And no disrespect to those who build the cars, do you really want anything built between now (last few weeks really) and a few weeks after the strike is settled?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back