Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 5BW: High-Perf vs Full Semi-Aniline Seats

CT5-V Model

jvp

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Hey folks -

As we know, the Full Semi-Aniline seats on have also become unobtanium given the carbon fiber. Are the only differences between those and the lesser-expensive "High Perf" seats:
  • seat backs
  • seating surface material
Importantly: are all of the supports, adjustments, heating/cooling/etc options the same between the two seats? Given the photos, it looks like that's the case. But I wanted to check with others before I go an change my order up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
In the 4BW, they are NOT the same.

The only way to get cooled seats is with the highest level package.

I don't believe that Full Semi-Anilin is an option for the 4. The 4's highest level is the 5's mid-tier level.

Got it. I should have clarified (and edit OP) that I'm referring to the 5BW. According to the order guide, ventilated seats are standard equipment on that one.

Got it. I should have clarified (and edit OP) that I'm referring to the 5BW. According to the order guide, ventilated seats are standard equipment on that one.
I believe that it's obvious by the reference to Full Semi-Anilin.

In my opinion....my 4BW had the high performance seats (RPO HEA) same as mid tier in the 5. They seemed a little stiff (read hard). I think they would make excellent track seats. My 5BW has the carbon backed semi aniline seats (RPO HMR). I absolutely love them. Just as supportive, but a little softer, dare I say a bit more luxurious. You can tell the materials are of better quality. I believe they both have the exact same adjustments. I also believe the ventilation function works better on the semi aniline.

However in the 5BW the "high perf" (mid level) seats are the equivalent of the highest package 4BW seats. The full semi-aniline seats with carbon backs are unique to the 5BW.

OP, I think all the heating/cooling/adjustments are the same b/w mid level and highest level for the 5BW. Most seem to be ordering the mid level at this point due to the CF constraint.

for the 23 model year you can get the higher quality semi aniline leather with sueded backs instead of carbon. the seats are then exactly the same, other than the leather material and stitching/color design.

for the 23 model year you can get the higher quality semi aniline leather with sueded backs instead of carbon. the seats are then exactly the same, other than the leather material and stitching/color design.

Aren't you just referring to the "High Performance Buckets"?

Aren't you just referring to the "High Performance Buckets"?
If you upgrade from the base seats to any optional seat the seat is the exact same. The only difference is what the seat back is made out and the leather type/stitch design. You can get the mid level leathers seats with suede backs (these are identical to the top level 4 seats), the semi aniline with suede backs (only in 23 not 22), or semi aniline with carbon backs.

You can get the mid level leathers seats with suede backs (these are identical to the top level 4 seats), the semi aniline with suede backs (only in 23 not 22), or semi aniline with carbon backs.

According to the order guide for '23, that doesn't appear to be the case.

HEA - Leather Seating Surfaces with sueded front seatbacks
HMR - Full Semi-Aniline Leather Seats with Mini-Perforated inserts, Custom Quilting and Carbon Fiber front seatbacks

Both are "High Perf Bucket Seats" (AQJ) but the full semi-aniline leather seems restricted to the seats w/the CF backs.

Yes, some confusion with these seats. Order guide says you can get the semi aniline with either suede ($5000) or carbon backs ($8000). I think some one here tried to order the suede backs and was told carbon only. Perhaps later in the year they will be offered with suede?

Yes, some confusion with these seats. Order guide says you can get the semi aniline with either suede ($5000) or carbon backs ($8000). I think some one here tried to order the suede backs and was told carbon only. Perhaps later in the year they will be offered with suede?
Exactly. A new option for 23 was being able to get the semi-aniline seats with suede backs. I was on board and love the suede backs. However, when my order got picked up 2 months ago, I was unable to include the option. Like you said, maybe later in the year it will be available to order.

Like you said, maybe later in the year it will be available to order.

Well it'll likely be a hot minute before my dealer the allocation for my order, so perhaps by then it'll be available.

In my opinion....my 4BW had the high performance seats (RPO HEA) same as mid tier in the 5. They seemed a little stiff (read hard). I think they would make excellent track seats. My 5BW has the carbon backed semi aniline seats (RPO HMR). I absolutely love them. Just as supportive, but a little softer, dare I say a bit more luxurious. You can tell the materials are of better quality. I believe they both have the exact same adjustments. I also believe the ventilation function works better on the semi aniline.
Are you saying the mid tier seats in the 5BW have firmer padding than the top tier seats or is it just the leather that's softer?

I have mid tier seats in my 5BW, the bottom is pretty firm, like a park bench. sometimes it makes my Sciatic act up so I use the heated seats even in the summer.

Are you saying the mid tier seats in the 5BW have firmer padding than the top tier seats or is it just the leather that's softer?

I have mid tier seats in my 5BW, the bottom is pretty firm, like a park bench. sometimes it makes my Sciatic act up so I use the heated seats even in the summer.
Yes, IMO, I think the mid sets in the 5 have firmer (harder) padding than the top seats. The leather in the top tier does seems of nicer quality to the touch.

Yes, IMO, I think the mid sets in the 5 have firmer (harder) padding than the top seats. The leather in the top tier does seems of nicer quality to the touch.
I had the top tier seats in my CT4-V BW, which are the same as the mid seats in the 5. I did find them firm but comfortable.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back