Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Interesting Hemmings Article

I think what is meant by the phrase "more money than sense" is that anything is collectable if you're dumb enough, right? (Or rich enough to overcome your level of intelligence)

I mean....people are paying 100k for 20 year old Integras and 30 year old Buicks......sure, why not.
It's only money

I mean....people are paying 100k for 20 year old Integras and 30 year old Buicks......sure, why not.
Nevada has a 'classic rod' license plate option and as I see more of them, I feel like we should get a vote on what that label applies to. Every November the ballot in NV should go:
-President
-Senator
-Representative
-Do you think a rusted out 87 Camry qualifies as a 'classic'?
-Other probably important stuff

(Except off-years, where it's just the classic car thing)

People (including myself) didn't think cars from the 70s and 80s would be collectable...but here we are...
the thing that gets me is how early 90s pickups at auction are going for well more than what they sold for new if they're low mileage.

There are enough current and/or former SS owners here. I considered that a collectible when I sold it. Strictly because I sold it for almost what I paid for it, 5 years and 100m+ miles later.

Strictly based on what will end up being a low production number, the 4 should be somewhat collectible. But I expect the 5 to be much more "collectible", especially if equipped with the 6MT.

I feel like we're mixing up "collectible" and "holds value". Collectible in my mind means somewhere down the road the car sells for many times its original price. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for that to be the case, but would happily settle for holds value.

Hopefully nobody buys any car looking for an increase. I muse at some guys buying these or other cars and quickly flipping them for 5, 10, even 20k. Lot of trouble for that profit, and after backing out capital gains, I rather spend my time in many other ways. But long term, I would not be surprised if CT5-V Blackwings hold or exceed original price paid.

But long term, I would not be surprised if CT5-V Blackwings hold or exceed original price paid.
That was my experience with my CTS-V Wagon. Owned it for five years, drove it 30,000 miles, then sold it for $2,000 more than what I paid for it.
If I can do the same with a BW - fingers crossed that I get one - I’d be more than happy.
All in all, an investment in diminished auto depreciation, I’d say, and with luck a tiny bit more.
But an investment per se?
No.

No doubt the 5 with the M6 is the best choice for retaining value and maybe even selling for a profit in 5 or 10 years. For me owning a car like this is all about the driving experience.
After 50 years of shifting, injuring my right shoulder, breaking an arm, left knee surgery, etc. I'm done. The A10 will keep me smiling in the driving seat.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back