Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Insurance Quotes

I live in Miami… my insurance will be crazy…. Even with top honors at pregressive since I’ve had them over a decade.

I thought my $1200 a year for full coverage and 250 deductible on my 5 was good........ My sons insurance is more expensive than my other 3 vehicles combined... (Camaro 4BW 5BW) Son is "insured" for the Honda even though he drives the Camaro...

Pleasantly surprised. Just got off the phone with my carrier. Adding my Blackwing (high deductible of $2k, not a daily driver) increased my premium only $320/year! Guess I'm in the sweet spot with a very clean record and 44 years old!

So I thought I would share something I got from my insurance agent. If you are married, try swapping your wife in as the primary person on the policy. Mine did this and it changed by around 30% less.

The wife's CT4 is $1500 a year. Ouch. The BlackWing will be $2050 with an $1k deductible, $1800 with a $2k.

I know Metro Detroit sucks for car insurance, but that seems a bit high. I might keep my collectors at Grundy and take the daily's elsewhere. The dailys at Grundy are undewritten through AIG.

Texas - Allstate - 40 year old woman with all policies there - only a $230 over 6 months increase. Feeling pretty good about that.

Last edited:
My 5 BW is less than my 19 Honda Accord the wife drives. I assume because it is driven more.

I had a feeling $1500 for our CT4 and $2100 for the 4BW sounded like a lot. I want to keep my collector cars with Grundy-but dailys away from AIG. I got a quote with Progressive who already has our home policy. $1800 a year for BOTH cars. Basically saves $150 a month.

Got quoted $628/6 months — $1256/yr. Skokie, IL (Chicago area), 36, Male, no accidents, renters bundled and been a customer at Progressive for 5+ years so there are discounts.

This is only $176 more per year than my current 2019 G70 3.3TT Sport.

Last edited:
Can people posting compare it to other cars in the household? Insurance varies so much by state, driver, coverage, etc. that just numbers are near-meaningless.

A little freaked out because I recently had my first (minor) at-fault accident in my 22 years of driving, and my insurance went from ~$500/6mos to $1,500 with a Civic Type R. I wonder if they'll view the 5BW replacement as "this guy just more than doubled the amount of HP he's driving around" or "this guy is really maturing, going from a pimped-out Civic to a nice, big Cadillac sedan."

has anyone looked into an "agreed upon" value insurance policy? Should something happen (totaled, theft) to the BW, I fear a traditional insurance company will look at CT4/5 values and payout very little versus the true market value of these cars. Ideally this would just be to cover the "gap" from the liability/comp/collision policy our other cars on as it's a daily driver, not a low mileage collector/specialty car. Haggerty will not cover daily drivers.

My 4BW added 1032/yr to my policy. 500 deductible. Its my 4th car on the policy for my wife and I.

300/6mo for 2013 Lexus ISF
285/6mo for 2018 Honda Odyssey
445/6mo for 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

Autos+home policy with State Farm, 2 drivers, both 40, no accidents.

I cheerfully called up AAA as soon as I got a VIN (and before reading this thread). I was fairly optimistic since my V2 Wagon was one of the cheapest to insure cars I've owned ... (I could never wrap my head around a 556HP RWD V8 being half the insurance cost of my GTI).

Back to the 5BW - no tickets, no accidents, now middle aged, $1000 deductible ... AAA informs me it'll add $2000/yr :oops:

I guess over the long run it all balances out!

To get an insurance quotation you don’t need to have the car. Just pull a VIN of a comparably equipped car off the internet. I do this when I’m car shopping. - I like to know my expenses before I look at buying a car.

Four door sedans are in a different category than a two door car. That’s the big, not so secret, secret to owning high HP cars and getting low insurance rates.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back