Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Insurance Quotes

Mine more than doubled adding the BW, went to $3500/year. I'm 39, wife is 33, zero accidents or tickets ever between us. I expect mine to be above average because I have to carry extra liability for an umbrella, but this seems crazy.

We went from two drivers one car, to two drivers two cars, perhaps that matters on the incremental cost, but 3500 seems crazy.

Anyone else with a two driver two car household with one being a BW? Can you share roughly total insurance cost?

Mine more than doubled adding the BW, went to $3500/year. I'm 39, wife is 33, zero accidents or tickets ever between us. I expect mine to be above average because I have to carry extra liability for an umbrella, but this seems crazy.

We went from two drivers one car, to two drivers two cars, perhaps that matters on the incremental cost, but 3500 seems crazy.

Anyone else with a two driver two car household with one being a BW? Can you share roughly total insurance cost?
Currently $895 every six months with USAA. Two vehicles and homeowners. Blackwing and a Kia forte. Two drivers one accident with wife but have accident forgiveness. Zero tickets. Currently 500 deductible but I'll update ya if a change to 1000 makes much difference.

Currently $895 every six months with USAA. Two vehicles and homeowners. Blackwing and a Kia forte. Two drivers one accident with wife but have accident forgiveness. Zero tickets. Currently 500 deductible but I'll update ya if a change to 1000 makes much difference.

Thank you very helpful. After adjusting for the cost different between states (FL has the most expensive insurance in the country), we're actually pretty similar. That makes me feel better. Sort of.

Thank you very helpful. After adjusting for the cost different between states (FL has the most expensive insurance in the country), we're actually pretty similar. That makes me feel better. Sort of.
Yeah Florida is crazy high and I'm in TN.

LOL, I have 4 cars and 3 drivers (22 yo son) two accidents, lol, I pay more for his ($4300 a year) than I do for BW, 2020CT5-V, and my Honda Civic. Bw is a few $ under 1K a year with 250 deductible....

I did even worse with travelers. I will be shopping around in the near future. Perhaps travelers hates blackwings.
Just went and checked my Travelers policy again. Removed a car a month ago so down to 4. Comprehensive and Collision on the Blackwing with $1k deductible is $1,584/year. Once you add in BI/PD/underinsured (and I have very high coverage limits not to mention a separate umbrella) which is a lump across all vehicles, I would estimate I'm paying all-in about $2384/year for the Blackwing. That's with a couple of body repair claims history, no speeding tickets, 2 drivers in their early 50s, and living in a very low crime area.

16B4B5B6-9AC1-4E86-9B60-85EC8FC6F2A1.jpeg

This is my cost bi-annually

My insurance guy quoted me an additional $850 a year for a 5BW. Currently renting while the new house gets built. When I add a Home Owners policy again, he said it should drop to about 650 a year just for the 5BW. I have high 500K liability and I think a 500 deductible.

View attachment 5800
This is my cost bi-annually
Interesting. My BI/PD limits are 250k/500k and medical is 35k, underinsured is 250k/500k so I expect my rates to be higher but maybe not this much higher!

Who is your insurer again? I may have to get a quote!

Just added mine in geico (car hasnt arrived yet) policy will go up 388 per 6 mos. Something else yall should look at is uninsured property damage. Collision will cover your vehicle if someone hits you already, it just means your insurance will pay the bills instead of the other person's insurance. if its your fault, collision will also pay. They dont overlap unfortunately and it is really a double dip on the same thing. Call your insurance agent and ask. I am good friends with my insurance agent and he steered me away from it a long time ago. Read your policy and talk to your agent before you do this. I have read mine and what I am saying for MY policy is correct. Also if you and all the passengers have good health insurance, the uninsured motorist bodily injury can also be skipped (in most cases). Also these two will depend on state requirements. Some states require both or one or the other. (Texas does not). Also some health insurance providers do NOT cover car accidents. Mine does. Again Read your policies. I have spent hours on the phone with mine and he does everything he can to save me money on things that are not necessary.

Interesting. My BI/PD limits are 250k/500k and medical is 35k, underinsured is 250k/500k so I expect my rates to be higher but maybe not this much higher!

Who is your insurer again? I may have to get a quote!
I am with AAA

I already posted on the thread months ago. The surprising part is 5BW coverage is less than my wife’s 19 Accord on the same policy at USAA.

After adding the BW5, I will pay Farmer's ~$7500/yr for a 4 car policy/1 driver no tickets, no accidents, multi-car, multi-home, $500k/$500k, $100k property. Discounts: ESC Discount, Auto Umbrella, Safe Driving, Anti-Lock, Auto/Home, Multi-Car, Good Driver, Group Discount - Engineer.

Some of you guys pay crazy amounts for insurance. lol

Our current situation is 2 cars (Lexus IS-F and Honda Odyssey), home, etc. Cars total <550/6m. 1k deductible. No tickets or accidents.

Some of you guys pay crazy amounts for insurance. lol

Our current situation is 2 cars (Lexus IS-F and Honda Odyssey), home, etc. Cars total <550/6m. 1k deductible. No tickets or accidents.
I agree. I read this thread start to finish and I got mad...

$1187 add on for 4BW every six months with USAA. $1000 deductible, no tix in 6 yrs, no accidents. Married without kids on five car policy with a house and personal valuables. I'm 37, wife is 40; both with excellent credit.

Not a fan of over regulation, but someone needs to look into the disparities here...

I agree. I read this thread start to finish and I got mad...

$1187 add on for 4BW every six months with USAA. $1000 deductible, no tix in 6 yrs, no accidents. Married without kids on five car policy with a house and personal valuables. I'm 37, wife is 40; both with excellent credit.

Not a fan of over regulation, but someone needs to look into the disparities here...
First thing to do is control for state. Insurance rates are wildly different due to weather, crime, other stuff I haven't thought of. Also tough to compare to USAA since not everyone can get it. Not sure if that contributes to it being cheaper or not. Perhaps the military connection tends to lead to lower risk customers (better drivers). Wouldn't surprise me.

Throwing out this lucky guy's data point and controlling for state, mine is pretty inline with the prices here.

The great thing about insurance is it's almost always fully refundable so easy to shop around. But I'm lazy. They always want you to get on the damn phone.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back