Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I see a lot of people not liking the sunroof option

i got a sunroof and i actually use it. i've definitely seen prettier sunroofs but whatevs i use it. At the end of the day its a sedan (and a cool fast one) not a boy racer.
I don’t think a preference for a sunroof or not matters on the boy racer front.

For me, the sunroof makes headroom an issue.
thats a legit concern i've heard to not get a sunroof. i'm not a giant so plenty of headspace for me.

I have mixed feelings about the double-porthole style CT5 sunroof so I passed on it when ordering my 24 even though I had it on the 22.
If it was truly panoramic I think I would have ordered it again.
But it’s not, not really, it just looks like it is from the outside.
On the inside, the first opening is not really overhead, so I barely register that it’s there while I’m driving.
As for rear seat passengers, I think the two openings just look weird from back there.
IMG_4850.jpeg

I couldn't get one of these stupid cars without it? At least there is a cover that slides over it so I don't get baked from the oppressive sun..............

Is it due to weight, structural rigidity, noise, or personal preference? I have always opted for one in other cars but y'all are making me reconsider. :)
If you've opted for one in the past, no reason not to get it this time unless you track the car and need headroom. In regard to quality, it's comparable to all the other ones on the market at this price point.

I'm 5'11", and although I'll almost never be in the back, with a sunroof I couldn't even if I tried. My wife is 5'8" and also said the same thing. Luckily the one we picked up on Saturday doesn't have a sunroof and we both said we could sit in the back. Sometimes one of us needs to sit in the back with our daughter but for longer trips we really only bring our SUV.

I’ve gotten to old to try the backseat with my wife in this car. 😜 However, the backseat of my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500, we have acted like teenagers a few times 🙄. It’s got tons of room even with a sunroof 👍

I'm 5'11", and although I'll almost never be in the back, with a sunroof I couldn't even if I tried. My wife is 5'8" and also said the same thing. Luckily the one we picked up on Saturday doesn't have a sunroof and we both said we could sit in the back. Sometimes one of us needs to sit in the back with our daughter but for longer trips we really only bring our SUV.
I'm the same height and ran into the same issue when I sat in the back.

My wife and kids are under 5'5. They're fine.

197? Let’s see a PDR video of that!
Nice try officer. However, I will say that if you have CF1 and CF2 the car handles extremely well at those speeds, and also feels glued to the ground.

I have mixed feelings about the double-porthole style CT5 sunroof so I passed on it when ordering my 24 even though I had it on the 22.
If it was truly panoramic I think I would have ordered it again.
But it’s not, not really, it just looks like it is from the outside.
On the inside, the first opening is not really overhead, so I barely register that it’s there while I’m driving.
As for rear seat passengers, I think the two openings just look weird from back there.
I bet it's not true panoramic so they could have a bar or some type of support between them since it's also a track car.

Wonder if someone can confirm whats actually between these two sunroofs

I bet it's not true panoramic so they could have a bar or some type of support between them since it's also a track car.

Wonder if someone can confirm whats actually between these two sunroofs
It most likely is as the actual car is 40% stiffer than Gen II V there are numerous extra body/structure differences than even a V from material choice to gauge etc. It's one of those cars you don't sell imo

It most likely is as the actual car is 40% stiffer than Gen II V there are numerous extra body/structure differences than even a V from material choice to gauge etc. It's one of those cars you don't sell imo
It's starting to feel that way. I really am getting used to tracking the car, Spec-R springs on next for some extra stiffness but this car can definitely hold it's own against the ZL1s on the track and even many of the Porsche's depending on driver mod of course.

197? Let’s see a PDR video of that!

I'm guessing that's Circuit of The Americas or somewhere out in the desert :)

My ZLE was definitely faster than the CT5 BW on the track at Road Atlanta and Barber, but not buy much. I believe the CT5 had a top speed advantage on the straights, but the wider tires, aero, and power to weight goes to the Chevy.

That said, I miss the LT4 and can't wait to get a CT5 BW.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's Circuit of The Americas or somewhere out in the desert

My ZLE was definitely faster than the CT5 BW on the track at Road Atlanta and Barber, but not buy much. I believe the CT5 had a top speed advantage on the straights, but the wider tires, aero, and power to weight goes to the Chevy.

That said, I miss the LT4 and can't wait to get a CT5 BW.
I live in Vegas, we have lots of desert, yes, it was in the desert. I was disappointed I didn't get to 200mph though. Soooo close, pretty much was limited by wind at least that's how it felt at the time, but people have gone faster. Conditions need to be ideal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back