Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How 'under the radar' is your Blackwing?

I looove sleepers (and wagons). My 5BW gets very little attention, so I’m pumped about that. Kind of funny, the three experiences I’ve had where someone knew/realized it was a serious car:
1. A lady, about 50, in the grocery store parking lot. “Wow that’s a beautiful car… i was looking at those, isn’t it like 400hp?!?”
2. New Tesla model y chased me down and I showed him what the rear bumper looked like.
3. Guys pouring my driveway… I started it and scared the shit out of them. One guy after I went in the house on my blink camera saying “tight whip, tight whip”

These cars are just so badass. And 99% of the pop have zero idea what they are. Only the real car enthusiasts. Love it.

Does not seem too under the radar for me. I don't even have the carbon fiber package (constraints). Nearly every time I drive the car someone compliments it or asks about it. Some kid even asked if its the one with the supercharger, lol. I will say I'm not sure if they all realize what it is, but people around here like it regardless.

I am super under the radar, probably because of the town I live in. I had a few people say “nice car”. But not one of them knew what it was. I parked close to a very small cars a coffee (because I was retuning Amazon packages). And had some looks but I doubt they knew either. Which is fine by me. I like having something “special” and unique, that really takes someone to know what it is to appreciate it. That is the person I want to talk to.

Maybe it's the area I'm in. Maybe it's Maybelline. But I'm 95% sleeper.

I've had very few thumbsup etc. Only 2 really come to mind. A passenger in a Tahoe freaking out and pointing, and driver of a Jaaag F-Type giving a thumbs up.

To really hammer it in, I took the Blackwing to a car show today. These are car people! People remarked how comfy the seats look, some guessed maybe it was turbocharged or something, but only a single person I talked to knew what it was.

Definitely experiencing the sleeper effect with my BW (Which I don't mind) but is a bit surprising to me considering I'm in SE Michigan. Its funny the car usually gets very little attention but it seems every time my wife rides with me someone calls it out. Best reaction yet was a young kid at the golf course who first asked "Is that a BLACKWING?" and followed that up with "Man, I hope that's a manual". Inversely I was parked next to a buddy's 15 Z51 Vette at the gas station and some guy came up and drooled over the vette and talked my buddies ear off for 10 min. Honestly was surprised he didn't so much as look at the BW with bronze wheels and all.

I thought this car would be a sleeper but I've had almost constant inquiries about whether it's a Blackwing.

At a stoplight I had a kid maybe 7 or 8 motion for me to roll down my windows. He asked me "That's a Blackwing right, Blackwings have 4 exhaust not two." So I gave it a quick rev and nodded yes. "He got super excited and started yelling at the driver whom I assume was his father "See Dad I told you it was one!"

Also had three occasions where cars just pulled up and slowed down next to me for a few miles....

This is is why GM needs to bring back the hood vents, if you don't have any carbon the car just looks like a normal Caddy sedan at a glance, until you send it anyway.

Its like my wrangler, just looks like a wrangler, until I step on it and all of a sudden everyones wondering what the hell is that thing doing making noises like that, which is kind of fun on its own but I'd still like the Blackwings to have a little bit more going on, especially because nobody can get any carbon (from the factory anyway).

Whenever the 'Blackwing' badge shows up it will help a lot.

I've had zero attention and it's orange! I got zero attention from my previous ct5 V which was also orange. I get constant compliments on my truck, which is pearl white, 100% stock 2500hd duramax.
I get more compliments on my Jeep than the 5BW. -In Arizona that it entirely expected. But, a few weeks back a homeless guy came up to me while I was leaving the car to go into a restaurant and said, “is that a Blackwing?” I was floored and hung out a bit and chatted with him.

My wife and I get regular compliments. She gets it over the color and dude's wondering if it's a BlackWing. I also get attention and dude's don't have to wonder lol.

I think these anecdotes need the context of what the car looks like.

A car in Dark Emerald Frost, Electric Blue, Blaze Orange, or Infrared Tintcoat wearing the Tech Bronze wheels and all the carbon bits is going to stand out juuusst a bit more than a carbon-less car in Rift with the base wheels.
Except for some of the neighborhood kids, my Infrared Tintcoat + both Carbon packages doesn't seem to garner much attention. I think most people just assume the extra aero bits are just fake pieces teenagers put on their cars. It's actually kind of nice change from having people wanting to race my Z06 all the time.

But, a few weeks back a homeless guy came up to me while I was leaving the car to go into a restaurant and said, “is that a Blackwing?” I was floored and hung out a bit and chatted with him.

He probably had an order in for a blackwing, but then the market tanked, and now he bailed on his blackwing order, because it sat outside for too long of course.

I thought this car would be a sleeper but I've had almost constant inquiries about whether it's a Blackwing.

At a stoplight I had a kid maybe 7 or 8 motion for me to roll down my windows. He asked me "That's a Blackwing right, Blackwings have 4 exhaust not two." So I gave it a quick rev and nodded yes. "He got super excited and started yelling at the driver whom I assume was his father "See Dad I told you it was one!"

Also had three occasions where cars just pulled up and slowed down next to me for a few miles....
That kid is cool! My son who's 3 only wants to take the Blackwing and asks for it by name. The other day he spotted another 4BW driving the other direction. It was only a few seconds but he called it a Blackwing. I was pretty proud 😃

Yeah those who know KNOW. Got to work at 6am. Parking lot was completely empty, come out to go to lunch and see this ....

Attachments

• 20221024_093551.jpg
    20221024_093551.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 109
I was out in CA last week ripping around some very cool mountain and desert roads. A young lady on I-15 slowed down and took a picture (or a video) of my car as she exited. Went through a bunch of road construction and I swear every flag man stopped and looked as I went by. Not sure any of them knew it was a BW, but whatever. Like @ClassaxV said, if you know, you KNOW.

I average 2-3 compliments per week...which coincides with the number of trips I make to the gas station...

Possibly a few of those from the gas station owner. Gotta keep the "frequent flyers" feeling good so they come back. (My 5BW can guzzle the gas, if I want it to.) ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back