Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How 'under the radar' is your Blackwing?

1500 miles. One month. Zero recognition on the road which is exactly the way I like it. The ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing?
^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

"Nothing to see here Officer"....

or my personal favorite

"Hello, 911 ... yeah some yahoo just passed us doing a million miles an hour in a 55. Color make and model of the vehicle Sir?,, Yes it was ah.... ahh... it was ahhh.. I don't know ... it was too fast!"

A lot of folks (myself included) have been thinking this car would fly way under the radar. Especially on a spec like mine in a muted color and with no carbon fiber package. I kinda loved the idea of that.

But...

Yes, I run 'My Mode' with the engine sound dialed all the way up, which probably doesn't help, but it's rare that I don't get a thumbs-up, nod or a wave from someone in an AMG, M, Hellcat just driving out and about on my regular commute.

It's not quite the same as a bright yellow Porsche, but for those who know, this car seems far from invisible.

What has been your experience?

Still have badges on. Most people don't know what the car is.

But as you say, those who know, know. I've had several people race up from behind, slow down alongside, ogle my car, wave/acknowledge/nod, then take off. Modified BMWs, a modified Infiniti, for example, a few more I don't remember.

This is the best way to get out of ticket....
Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

The 5s are significantly less incognito than the 4s. The 5s have gotten a ton of press.

Interesting; so far it seems to depend on where you are. Despite stereotypes about Berkeley and SF, the Bay Area has a pretty strong car culture. I'd be kind of curious to hear how it is in LA...
It depends on the length of drive but I usually get at least one interested party unashamedly having a sniff around which usually ends in a thumbs up.

During the Woodward Dream Cruise some dudes yelled out "I love your car, is that a V, is it the BlackWing?". Sadly we were driving my wife's CT4. The gray wheels, Blaze Orange Paint and BlackWing spoiler make it look like a Faux BlackWing lol.

I have a 5. Given the 5 should trap, at the very least, 5 mph more than a stock A90 Supra, he definitely had some work done.
The Supra is REALLY easy to mod into a scary car. Just a FlexFuel tune gets it to 500whp. I had a frustrating weekend at Sebring chasing one around. Even though I ran a PB that weekend (2:25), he would just run away from me on the straights.

Interesting; so far it seems to depend on where you are. Despite stereotypes about Berkeley and SF, the Bay Area has a pretty strong car culture. I'd be kind of curious to hear how it is in LA...
As someone in the Bay Area (San Jose) I honestly think these cars might get more attention just because it's different from all the M3s, AMGs and Challengers that I always see around

Haven't gotten a single comment about the car from strangers. I don't think it stands out enough and I'm fine with that. Even regular CT4 Owners don't give it a second glance. The most I've gotten is some waves from pickup trucks on the road.

Not very under the radar here. I had two guys this morning almost run into the same wall while staring at the car and giving me thumbs up.

The other week I was at a red light next to an older lady in a Boxer who was going nuts over the over. I gave it some gas and played around a little bit. The next red light we rolled up to she was going even more crazy over it.

I think the brakes are the giveaway. I have 1250 miles and two people have asked if it’s a blackwing and ton of folks have asked what it is.

Attachments

• ECB9FB75-9752-47CE-B2DD-FF0A50640C85.jpeg
    ECB9FB75-9752-47CE-B2DD-FF0A50640C85.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • E3EF94D7-51E0-4AB9-BFB8-0FDA7ECA2093.jpeg
    E3EF94D7-51E0-4AB9-BFB8-0FDA7ECA2093.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 146
As someone in the Bay Area (San Jose) I honestly think these cars might get more attention just because it's different from all the M3s, AMGs and Challengers that I always see around
You know, that's an interesting point. Around here regular CT4s and CT5s seem to be as much of a unicorn as the Blackwings are. I suppose if there are more of the regular versions of these cars around, it's easier to blend in...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back