Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How Do I Tell My Dealer I Don't Want The Car?

DecadenceFTW

Seasoned Member
So as most probably know, I never signed any paperwork or anything like that when I placed my order. The dealership is pretty confident in their ability to move the blackwings, and they are likely hoping people don't take delivery so they can mark the cars up. I made an executive decision to save $30k and pursue some other things in life...but still wanted a semi-fun car, so ended up with a '22 Stinger GT2. That said...I'm wondering if there is a proper way/time to notify my sales rep that I won't be taking ownership? Any weird things I should be on the lookout for when I reach out? Again, nothing signed, just order placed in computer, shook hands, and the rest has happened via text message when there are updates. TPW was 5/30 last time I checked...so we're still probably a couple of months out before delivery to the dealership.

Thanks in advance all!

Just tell them you changed your mind. They have none of your money, and a highly salable car, so I don't think there's any issue.

Just tell them you changed your mind. They have none of your money, and a highly salable car, so I don't think there's any issue.
If I tell them now...would that cancel the order? Should I wait until it's in production at least so they still get the allocation? Not sure how all that works lol.

You're fine. They don't lose the allocation just because you back out, it isn't tied to your name. Just tell them your circumstances have changed and can't go through with it. They'd rather know sooner than later.

You're fine. They don't lose the allocation just because you back out, it isn't tied to your name. Just tell them your circumstances have changed and can't go through with it. They'd rather know sooner than later.
Ok, thanks. I'll let them know tomorrow!

If I tell them now...would that cancel the order? Should I wait until it's in production at least so they still get the allocation? Not sure how all that works lol.
Personally. I’d rather you cancel before so I can fill another customer’s order or spec one how I think would make it sell the fastest.

I told him and he actually laughed and said "Yes, now I can mark it up!". We laughed and chatted a bit and that was that. If I see one on a dealership lot in a couple of years, never know...but until then, I'll admire from afar. :)

I told him and he actually laughed and said "Yes, now I can mark it up!". We laughed and chatted a bit and that was that. If I see one on a dealership lot in a couple of years, never know...but until then, I'll admire from afar. :)
Soooooooo.....i'm going to delete your order out of the tracking page then....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back