Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How concerned should I be about this new noise my car is making

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
This is the easiest way to hear it, but it will also happen if I’m just crawling along at low rpm

Here’s it while in gear, you can hear the sound go away once I start to accelerate

Last edited:
I'm sure one of our motor guys will know exactly what that is. I owned a 6MT 4, drove one at SM, and have driven another, and never heard that though.

I would try to get a video of the sound from outside the car. Is it coming from the engine or exhaust? It almost sounds like an exhaust rattle.

I would try to get a video of the sound from outside the car. Is it coming from the engine or exhaust? It almost sounds like an exhaust rattle.

Honestly I can’t tell, and for my own mental health I need to just bring it to the dealership and let them figure it out. Lol. If I start going down the rabbit hole of trying to diagnose it myself I’m gonna be like those people who search the web for “why am I so tired all the time” and then become convinced they have a terminal illness

Hard to say but didn't I recently read about a bad exhaust hanger resulting in part of the exhaust being in contact with the driveline? This sound is what I could imagine it sounding like...

I was thinking maybe it is some type of exhaust leak? I am far from an expert and did not want to speculate, but I am guessing, and hoping for Seth, it is exhaust related. All under warranty anyways, hope it is a quick fix.

Sound was not present when I turned the car on this AM but came back by the time I got to my office about 25 mins away

On my 5V 3.0 TT there is a metal strap that is welded between the exhaust pipes behind the transmission. It snapped on one side and at certain RPMs/engine vibrations it would rattle. Took a bit of investigation to find it. I have negated the noise with some metal bands until I get it in for service. Perhaps something similar on the 4BW that might be causing the noise.

I hear something from the intake and or turbos. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 and with an CAI it made all sorts of noises like this. Not saying it's normal for a stock 4BW to make these noises, but I just want to get my guess in before the diagnosis is revealed :geek:

Vacuum leak?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners