Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Weird clicking/rattling noise above 45MPH

CT5-V Model

Nadnerb

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Welp driving down the road and I’m now accompanied by this weird clicking/rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. Truly no idea what it could be. I tried getting under the car to see if maybe one of the panels was loose or something like that. You can hear it very faintly at 45 mph and it get significantly louder the faster you go. Video sadly picks up road noise but you can hear it louder near the end. No shaking or shuddering from the car and it still puts all the power down no problem. Car has an appointment with the dealer for this on Monday so not too big of an issue. I’m mainly worried since I had the whole car pretty much taken apart for the new motor at 288 miles it could be something that was never put back together properly and I’m gonna be out of my car for a while again.

Attachments

• IMG_7875.mov
    81.4 MB
Welp driving down the road and I’m now accompanied by this weird clicking/rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. Truly no idea what it could be. I tried getting under the car to see if maybe one of the panels was loose or something like that. You can hear it very faintly at 45 mph and it get significantly louder the faster you go. Video sadly picks up road noise but you can hear it louder near the end. No shaking or shuddering from the car and it still puts all the power down no problem. Car has an appointment with the dealer for this on Monday so not too big of an issue. I’m mainly worried since I had the whole car pretty much taken apart for the new motor at 288 miles it could be something that was never put back together properly and I’m gonna be out of my car for a while again.
Are you sure all the windows are rolled all the way up? I had a horrendous noise that only occurred over 100mph. Windows looked closed, but rolling up the windows fixed it

In my car i have a problem that the rear passenger wheel well fender is pulled loose and flaps when going fast. Sounds similar. I just bought some more fasteners to fix it. It even rubbed through the wheel well liner on the inside front edge. Check to see if one of your wheel well liners can be pulled away from the front of the wheel well. It looks normal at rest, but isnt fully secure

Firmly press on your headliner over the driver front and driver rear. About six weeks after delivery, a very similar sounding rattle developed in mine. Turns out one of the headliner clips had come loose.

With the sound deadening in the car sometimes it's really hard to localize where the noise is actually coming from. I spent the 1st week sure it was the seat and/or seat rails.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back